Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On 4/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, kiwirst said:

It will have to be a passport agency one day appointment unfortunately, plus I'd need it for end of June so it would still have to be expedited.

Same boat.  Work travel booked for May 11.  Urgent passport service needed.  $60 extra is worth it.  

I've been trying to teach this course for over a year now and this is the 4th time we've scheduled it, so I really need it to work out!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

@mam521 I would hit the social security office first since all you have to do is show them your certificate, but if you do passport first you'll have to send in your certificate and it will be tied up at the State Department until your passport is issued. Wait the 10 days then go to the SS office then do your passport. Just a suggestion! Ahh I see from a prior post that you are in a rush so I guess that's why you are doing the passport first. Hope it works out and you get your passport on time.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

@mam521 I would hit the social security office first since all you have to do is show them your certificate, but if you do passport first you'll have to send in your certificate and it will be tied up at the State Department until your passport is issued. Wait the 10 days then go to the SS office then do your passport. Just a suggestion! Ahh I see from a prior post that you are in a rush so I guess that's why you are doing the passport first. Hope it works out and you get your passport on time.

I second that. The first thing our USCIS officer told us was to first do SS and drivers license and passport last if only for the scenario where the post office loses the certificate and then you have to get a new one.

SS doesn't even need 10 days to wait, I went and updated it a couple days later after the ceremony.

1 hour ago, Lightbird said:

I second that. The first thing our USCIS officer told us was to first do SS and drivers license and passport last if only for the scenario where the post office loses the certificate and then you have to get a new one.

SS doesn't even need 10 days to wait, I went and updated it a couple days later after the ceremony.

Hummm I'm not gonna wait the 10 days then. We'll try our luck on the 1st of May! Driver license you only update if there was a name change.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

SSA says wait 10 days.  I already checked.  I had a 10 year GC, and I didn't change my name so it's less of a big deal.  

I can't wait to do my passport because I have work travel booked already.  As it is, my appointment I managed to secure is only 3 days before I travel.  My work visa is using my CAD passport, so I guess I'm exiting on my US and entering Malaysia on my Canadian passport.  

The harder one to update is going to be NEXUS!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Interview completed, recommended for approval and oath ceremony scheduled for May 22nd!

The end is in sight.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

12 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

Interview completed, recommended for approval and oath ceremony scheduled for May 22nd!

The end is in sight.

Congratulations! 

my joint I751 / citizenship interview I this Thursday! 

Did they schedule you right then for the oath? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just finished my Interview today at FO Irving.. Standard process check-in 9am, wait for IO to call my name

After 15 mins IO called me and checked my GC and DL, started interview after I sworn under oath.

Interview questions:

1. What does the judicial branch do?
  2. Who is the Governor of your state now?
  3. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
  4. What is the highest court in the United States?
  5. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers?
  6. When do we celebrate Independence Day?

I replied all correct and IO mentioned just one of the answer is enough. Gone thru my application, dates, spouse details, employer, Job details etc.

IO: How many trips outside US in past 5 years?

Me:  22 and explained some are work related. 

IO: Any trip more than 6 months?

Me: No

IO: Any citations? 

Me: some traffic tickets.

IO: Everything Paid?

Me: yes, no dues

IO: Any taxes due to Govt?

Me: No  ( Govt owe me lot)

Finally reviewed and signed, IO said I passed all the test and congratulations but he said my BG check still pending as my interview date came too fast (3rd day after my 5year completion date).  Gave me 652 a decision cannot be made and told me no need to worry it should be there by end of day.

Came back home and checked online.. its already approved :) and status updated "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled". 

I took 200+ pages of documents but he didn't ask me any document nor even my passport. Good luck all!

21 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Congratulations! 

my joint I751 / citizenship interview I this Thursday! 

Did they schedule you right then for the oath? 

They were having systems issues that was delaying the processing of applications post interview result, I actually went back after a couple of hours and everything had processed meaning I could take it then but we chose not to with this travel coming up next week.

What was nice is she scheduled me to attend the first oath ceremony at the Rockies baseball stadium tho.

Edited by kiwirst
Spelling

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

20 minutes ago, MK_Dallas said:

Just finished my Interview today at FO Irving.. Standard process check-in 9am, wait for IO to call my name

After 15 mins IO called me and checked my GC and DL, started interview after I sworn under oath.

Interview questions:

1. What does the judicial branch do?
  2. Who is the Governor of your state now?
  3. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
  4. What is the highest court in the United States?
  5. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers?
  6. When do we celebrate Independence Day?

I replied all correct and IO mentioned just one of the answer is enough. Gone thru my application, dates, spouse details, employer, Job details etc.

IO: How many trips outside US in past 5 years?

Me:  22 and explained some are work related. 

IO: Any trip more than 6 months?

Me: No

IO: Any citations? 

Me: some traffic tickets.

IO: Everything Paid?

Me: yes, no dues

IO: Any taxes due to Govt?

Me: No  ( Govt owe me lot)

Finally reviewed and signed, IO said I passed all the test and congratulations but he said my BG check still pending as my interview date came too fast (3rd day after my 5year completion date).  Gave me 652 a decision cannot be made and told me no need to worry it should be there by end of day.

Came back home and checked online.. its already approved :) and status updated "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled". 

I took 200+ pages of documents but he didn't ask me any document nor even my passport. Good luck all!

Congratulations,  I had the same thing, IO didn't even want to verify I had my 2022 tax transcript even tho I mentioned it during the taxes section.

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

58 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

The end is in sight.

Yeah it's a stones throw away....congrats!

Citizenship Complete!

23 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

Congratulations,  I had the same thing, IO didn't even want to verify I had my 2022 tax transcript even tho I mentioned it during the taxes section.

Everyone is on a roll January was very kind to us!

Citizenship Complete!

I follow this for a family member and am surprised to see that her online status remains with "Your case is being actively reviewed" from the date of her submission, without even biometrics after nearly four months. How common is that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, jxn said:

I follow this for a family member and am surprised to see that her online status remains with "Your case is being actively reviewed" from the date of her submission, without even biometrics after nearly four months. How common is that?

Send a message online to USCIS if it past 2 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.