Zs10102

Lost my childs passport

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone i recently filed CRBA and USA passport for my newborn son in pakistan and CRBA arrived to my wife in Karachi, however the shipping company (TCS) delivered the passport to wrong address and that person took my sons passport. What to do in this situation now? Can i reapply for my sons passport here while im in USA and have the State department send the passport to me and not my wife in pakistan ? Or will my wife have to go to US counslate in Karachi again and apply for my sons passport there? Please help guys im really stressed out, thank you.

@pushbrk

Just now, Zs10102 said:

Hello everyone i recently filed CRBA and USA passport for my newborn son in pakistan and CRBA arrived to my wife in Karachi, however the shipping company (TCS) delivered the passport to wrong address and that person took my sons passport. What to do in this situation now? Can i reapply for my sons passport here while im in USA and have the State department send the passport to me and not my wife in pakistan ? Or will my wife have to go to US counslate in Karachi again and apply for my sons passport there? Please help guys im really stressed out, thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

You could try to apply for passport from inside the USA but will need the CRBA to do so.  Also need your spouse’s written consent.  Process is here, including the consent form. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/under-16.html

Or your spouse can apply for new passport and get your consent. But that’s just doing the same thing expecting different results.  Still that seems easier ( if the courier uses a competent employee on delivery day). 

Thank you so much, i guess i will wait for the shipping company because my wife spoke to them and they said we are trying to fix this issue, so if its not fixed within couple days than i guess we will have to reapply for his passport. I have a friend go to pakistan next week so might be easier for my wife to reapply for the passport st the counslate in karachi

4 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Is there an option to have your wife pick up the passport at the US embassy? That would avoid any more issues with a third party shipping company.

Nope i was there with her we both went to make my sons crba and passport at the consulate and they said we can only deliver it, thats so stupid though, which adult would take a 3 week old babys passport like there is nothing you can do with that anyway.

28 minutes ago, Zs10102 said:

Nope i was there with her we both went to make my sons crba and passport at the consulate and they said we can only deliver it, thats so stupid though, which adult would take a 3 week old babys passport like there is nothing you can do with that anyway.

Well, it could be valuable as an authentic model to create counterfeit passports. I wonder, if you end up reapplying for the passport, maybe the consulate would make an exception and allow passport pickup if you present a police report and explain the issue with the shipping company. 

44 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Well, it could be valuable as an authentic model to create counterfeit passports. I wonder, if you end up reapplying for the passport, maybe the consulate would make an exception and allow passport pickup if you present a police report and explain the issue with the shipping company. 

Great idea ill tell my wife to do that , and plus the visa officer probably still remembers us because he just saw us 3 weeks ago. ill first contact the shipping company and wait couple days and if no luck than ill probably just tell my wife to reapply and show them the CRBA so they can quickly give us a new passport for my son

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zs10102 said:

Thank you so much, i guess i will wait for the shipping company because my wife spoke to them and they said we are trying to fix this issue, so if its not fixed within couple days than i guess we will have to reapply for his passport. I have a friend go to pakistan next week so might be easier for my wife to reapply for the passport st the counslate in karachi

What do you think the shipping company is going to do if the other person is keeping the passport? Can someone go to the address and get it?

Well the first thing to do is email the ACS in the consulate that passport was misdelivered so they can investigate with the delivery service what went wrong and potentially fix the issue. Then think about getting a new passport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

2 hours ago, Sam Burns said:

What do you think the shipping company is going to do if the other person is keeping the passport? Can someone go to the address and get it?

My father in law asked them to tell the driver to go back to that wrong house and pick it up but they said they cant do that. That wrong guy took passport and signed for it and whats crazy is that the guy has a whole different name than my son. Like on package it says my son name not that guy who signed for it name.

2 hours ago, milimelo said:

Well the first thing to do is email the ACS in the consulate that passport was misdelivered so they can investigate with the delivery service what went wrong and potentially fix the issue. Then think about getting a new passport. 

My father in law already did that and thatd exactly what the consulate said but the truth is im sure there is nothing anyone can do, the stupid package company gave my sons newborn passport to some random stranger who lives A WHOLE 16 HOUR DRIVE AWAY FROM THE ADDRESS THATS LISTED ON THE PACKAGE. I believe theres nothing consulate can do other than tell me "oh sorry to hear that please reapply for passport again and pay fees again".

1 hour ago, Zs10102 said:

My father in law already did that and thatd exactly what the consulate said but the truth is im sure there is nothing anyone can do, the stupid package company gave my sons newborn passport to some random stranger who lives A WHOLE 16 HOUR DRIVE AWAY FROM THE ADDRESS THATS LISTED ON THE PACKAGE. I believe theres nothing consulate can do other than tell me "oh sorry to hear that please reapply for passport again and pay fees again".

I do not understand why you as a USC whose child’s passport was misdelivered are not the one reporting this to embassy instead of your father-in-law. Embassy can and will investigate misappropriation of USC passport. 

If it were my child’s passport misdelivered, I wouldn’t be just shrugging it off. I don’t do it for an Amazon package, you bet I wouldn’t do it for a US passport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

10 minutes ago, milimelo said:

I do not understand why you as a USC whose child’s passport was misdelivered are not the one reporting this to embassy instead of your father-in-law. Embassy can and will investigate misappropriation of USC passport. 

If it were my child’s passport misdelivered, I wouldn’t be just shrugging it off. I don’t do it for an Amazon package, you bet I wouldn’t do it for a US passport. 

I am not in pakistan at this time, i went to pakistan for 3 weeks only and that was to register my sons passport and CRBA, itd been 1 week since im back in USA and i cant go back to pakistan because of my job, so thats why i said my father in law and wife will report passport as missing and reapply for new passport, plus i already emailed consulate and they gave automatic reply saying make an appointment or look on the website for help

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is a process to have a passport reissued, you have to file police report, report it stolen, etc....  You cannot just reapply for a new passport.  Do not lie and say it is missing, you have to report it stolen.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

6 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

There is a process to have a passport reissued, you have to file police report, report it stolen, etc....  You cannot just reapply for a new passport.  Do not lie and say it is missing, you have to report it stolen.  

Yes of course i know this, i am trying my best to find the passport if not than i will report passport as lost and than apply for new one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.