8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

i heard from somewhere if your financial documents are not enough to bring your spouse to USA,  so there is an option of co sponsor who help you out in this financial document stage, if this type of thing really exist so i want to know how i can apply for this( i have 2/3 co-sponsor with me). And one thing more what is the limitation or the border line of this amount like how much my income should be to bring my spouse which is shown in the tax return or affidavit . 

You will get a joint sponsor and they complete their own I-864- unless they live with you. Then they can complete the I-864A and you can combine your incomes. 

Your joint sponsor needs to make enough money to support their family members and the immigrant. 

Here are the numbers:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, wraza said:

And one thing more what is the limitation or the border line of this amount like how much my income should be to bring my spouse which is shown in the tax return or affidavit . 

To sponsor your spouse without a joint sponsor, the minimum bar is that your current W-2 income (not your tax return) needs to be 

$22,887
source material: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Your current income is defined as:

(Gross regular pay on your last pay stub) multiplied by (number of pay periods per year)

E.g. 

You normally  work hourly 40 hours a week. You earn $11.01 per hour.  Your last pay weekly stub had pay for 44 hours. Your gross pay before taxes was:

40 * 11.01 + 4 * 11.01 * 4 * 1.5 

= 440.40 + 66.06 = 510.46

Because the over time is irregular, it doesn’t count as current income. 

Your current income  for I-864 is 

52 * 440.40 = 22,900.80 

If you are earning exactly $11.00 / hour,  expect to be  denied unless you have a joint sponsor. Ask your manager for a 1 cent per hour raise. 

12 hours ago, wraza said:

Hi everyone!

i heard from somewhere if your financial documents are not enough to bring your spouse to USA,  so there is an option of co sponsor who help you out in this financial document stage, if this type of thing really exist so i want to know how i can apply for this( i have 2/3 co-sponsor with me). And one thing more what is the limitation or the border line of this amount like how much my income should be to bring my spouse which is shown in the tax return or affidavit . 

"Apply for it"?  It isn't a program.  It must be someone you know, and even then, it is up to the discretion of the consulate.  There are sponsorship eligibility criteria.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 6:47 PM, ROK2USA said:

You will get a joint sponsor and they complete their own I-864- unless they live with you. Then they can complete the I-864A and you can combine your incomes. 

Your joint sponsor needs to make enough money to support their family members and the immigrant. 

Here are the numbers:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

I am living with my Uncle(Mother's Brother). He will be my joint sponsor. He is filling his own Tax return and I am filing my own. We are not listed as dependent on our tax returns.

So In this case we both will file I-864 only ?

Edited by wraza

9 hours ago, wraza said:

I am living with my Uncle(Mother's Brother). He will be my joint sponsor. He is filling his own Tax return and I am filing my own. We are not listed as dependent on our tax returns.

So In this case we both will file I-864 only ?

I would have him complete his own I-864 to simplify matters. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.