Jesset0m

File Form I-864 or Form I-864EZ

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hello

I am at the NVC stage and I am wondering if I am to submit for I-864 or Form I-864EZ.

I have only one applicant immigrating, make over 2x the poverty guidelines ish (from salary only) for our household size (2) and need no joint sponsor.

It seems l can file the I-864EZ, but from experience do you think I should stick with it or not?

I have heard so much controversy about this form. What's your advice?

Edited by Jesset0m
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jesset0m said:

Hello

I am at the NVC stage and I am wondering if I am to submit for I-864 or Form I-864EZ.

I have only one applicant immigrating, make over 2x the poverty guidelines ish (from salary only) for our household size (2) and need no joint sponsor.

It seems l can file the I-864EZ, but from experience do you think I should stick with it or not?

I have heard so much controversy about this form. What's your advice?

My advice is to avoid it even if you think you qualify for it. Fill in the I864 and put “N/A” in all the extra fields that don’t apply to you. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

My advice is to avoid it even if you think you qualify for it. Fill in the I864 and put “N/A” in all the extra fields that don’t apply to you. 

Interesting. Can you suggest why? 

I just wanna understand

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jesset0m said:

Interesting. Can you suggest why? 

I just wanna understand

I, myself, do not understand. The form gets RFE’d often, either because the NVC insists you do not qualify for it or something is wrong with your signature on page 5.

If you do decide to file it, make sure you use black ink and fill in the signature and date by hand. But this applies to all AOS forms.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You appear to meet the requirements to use the I864 EZ, so I would use it.  You can always draft out an I864 if you want, but that is up to you.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

I, myself, do not understand. The form gets RFE’d often, either because the NVC insists you do not qualify for it or something is wrong with your signature on page 5.

If you do decide to file it, make sure you use black ink and fill in the signature and date by hand. But this applies to all AOS forms.

Oh thank you so much for this.

I am going i864 then. I have actually filed both but torn between which to choose.

Also, I should write the N/A with ink pen right? Because I can't write N/A electronically using my PC.

And do I write it in every field or just in the beginning of each of the fields?

Timeline
Just now, Jesset0m said:

Also, I should write the N/A with ink pen right? Because I can't write N/A electronically using my PC.

And do I write it in every field or just in the beginning of each of the fields?

Yes write “N/A” with black ink.

I recommend in every single field.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Yes write “N/A” with black ink.

I recommend in every single field.

Okay thanks. I think I just got schooled on what to do.

So basically any field that I don't provide an answer, I should write N/A.

Like my middle name which I don't have, I write N/A correct?

Forgive me I am pretty slow fella

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jesset0m said:

Okay thanks. I think I just got schooled on what to do.

So basically any field that I don't provide an answer, I should write N/A.

Like my middle name which I don't have, I write N/A correct?

Forgive me I am pretty slow fella

Some ended up with having N/A as their middle name on their greencards 😁 that's luckily not your concern 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Some ended up with having N/A as their middle name on their greencards 😁 that's luckily not your concern 

Is there no end in sight, lol? If he’s the sponsor it doesn’t matter, but if the beneficiary has no middle name, maybe leave it blank.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just my experience, we used 864EZ and had no issues at all with it. I did have an 864 ready with me at the interview just in case but was never required for what it’s worth. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.