Marklor

Filing 129F after I-130 for spouse. I got an online receipt. Is this NOA1?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marklor said:

Proof?

I’m trying to find the post.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Just now, Rocio0010 said:

I’m trying to find the post.

Alright. But personally, if the post doesn’t have a firsthand account from an officer declaring that’s what actually happened, I’m filing it into the “doubt” box regardless. Thanks for the info anyway, I’m still going to file this as it’s considered a valid legal procedure by the US government de jure. 

17 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

None of those. There wasn’t a legitimate reason nor were they spiteful. They just simply clicked the denial box on their system on the K3 and must have clicked the other one on accident.

Point being, a this can happen. K3s don’t really speed up anything

I wouldn't agree to what you are saying. Filling K3 doesn't mean it will guarantee I-130 approval because there might  be plenty of reasons that would render someone from getting the petition approved. Here is my personal experience with K3. I filed it after filling I-130 and both  went to Potomac. After 8 month K3 got denied and I-130 got approved. In fact, I am 100% sure that K3 helped because people who filed 4-5 month before me are still waiting for their I-130's to get approved (same category) while I am awaiting NVC to review my documents thanks to K3. In fact, I received a denial letter from Potomac which stated the facts that they approved I-130 (Included the receipt number of I-130 that was approved) and therefore, there is no need for K3 anymore. I have no idea why people on this forum are so against K3 but it definitely helps based on my experience and hundreds of people I come to know through facebook K3 filler groups. OP I would suggest joining such a groups to see where they are with processing K3's.

Edited by mamba69

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Marklor said:

Alright. But personally, if the post doesn’t have a firsthand account from an officer declaring that’s what actually happened, I’m filing it into the “doubt” box regardless. Thanks for the info anyway, I’m still going to file this as it’s considered a valid legal procedure by the US government de jure. 

It was a first hand one. But of course you do you. Good luck!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

None of those. There wasn’t a legitimate reason nor were they spiteful. They just simply clicked the denial box on their system on the K3 and must have clicked the other one on accident.

Point being, a this can happen. K3s don’t really speed up anything

No guarantee they'll speed up anything, but no reason to think filing the I-129f will cause a problem.  Certainly some have been sped up by filing the I-129f.  One isolated "mistake" is just that.  Myself, I would not alter my behavior based on such an isolated event.  Opinions and judgment would understandably vary on that issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Marklor said:

Never said I would. A very small amount are still issued, you can see that online. Someone gets them. 

I know; miniscule number of 2 or 1 or 0.

But the best scenario is to have the I-130 approved, and not the I-129F. Why would want the I-129F approved when the approval of I-130 actually offers the best advantages? 

Again, it's free to file K3 so if you have the time sure file for it but hope that by filing the I-129F it pushes the approval of I-130 forward because it's the approval of the I-130 that you should be striving for because it offers the best advantages.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
51 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

But the best scenario is to have the I-130 approved, and not the I-129F. Why would want the I-129F approved when the approval of I-130 actually offers the best advantages? 

Again, it's free to file K3 so if you have the time sure file for it but hope that by filing the I-129F it pushes the approval of I-130 forward because it's the approval of the I-130 that you should be striving for because it offers the best advantages.

USCIS used to approve both and send to NVC where NVC would "administratively close" the I-129F.

History is until February 10, 2021, Dept. of State would consider an immigrant visa immediately available when the I-130 reached the Consulate.  If the I-129F got there first, they would proceed with the K3

After 2/10/2010 the immediate availability policy was when the I-130 to to NVC.  Since for 3 years (Since late Nov, 2006) USCIS had been approving and sending both to NVC together, in almost all cases.

After a few years, USCIS got tired of the I-129f for spouse getting closed, they just started closing them at the USCIS level.  To do this, they must (or almost always) pull the I-130 to joint the two before cancelling the K3 process.  SOMETIMES, they just go ahead and approve the I-130 while it's in front of them.  When that happens the trick shortcut has worked, but NO GUARANTEES.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 hours ago, nastra30 said:

The best advantage to me is being together faster, so if that were by chance approved, it would have been the fastest approval. I understand the other limitations, but that is my subjective take. To each their own.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Marklor said:

The best advantage to me is being together faster, so if that were by chance approved, it would have been the fastest approval. I understand the other limitations, but that is my subjective take. To each their own.

Yes, so you want the I-130 approved faster (before the I-129F), hence the best scenario with best advantages. Also, you are not going to get approval for I-129F; you can be hopeful but be realistic about it. 
Anyway, I don't think you get it.
But all the best. Hopefully you get to be with your beloved on soon.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
11 hours ago, Marklor said:

For some cases, the K3 is the better visa but not for many.  It's best when the foreign spouse wants to be able to travel freely to the USA without the obligations that come with being a permanent resident and when working in the USA is not a priority.  My then wife and step daughter came on K3/4 visas in 2006, when they still saved significant time compared to the CR1/2, working immediately was not an issue, and the cost of adjusting status was $180, not $1,225.  USCIS fees tripled in late July, 2007.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 11/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, Marklor said:

Firsthand from an officer — on here? I don't think they post here. So, it'd be secondhand from the applicants. But anyway, thanks for the well wishes.

Here’s the second hand experience 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

21 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Here’s the second hand experience 

This is not relating to the I-130 being withdrawn or denied because of K3.  It seems they originally applied for K1.  Then got married during the wait and applied for I-130 and K3.  They had to withdraw the K1, and the K3 got withdrawn at the same time.  I don't see them saying that the I-130 also did.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

This is not relating to the I-130 being withdrawn or denied because of K3.  It seems they originally applied for K1.  Then got married during the wait and applied for I-130 and K3.  They had to withdraw the K1, and the K3 got withdrawn at the same time.  I don't see them saying that the I-130 also did.

Yes, that is correct.  ONLY K3 is WITHDRAWN by mistake when K1 WITHDRAWL letter is sent to USCIS.  I130 is successfully approved just today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.