Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

407 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, whiterose123 said:

That really sucks .. did you have an interview for ROC or was it waived ?

It was waived, although I didn't apply for N-400.  If you don't apply for N-400 and let the I-751 play out on its own, odds are it will be waived.

18 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

It was waived, although I didn't apply for N-400.  If you don't apply for N-400 and let the I-751 play out on its own, odds are it will be waived.

+100 People applying for N-400 with pending I-751 should expect I-751 interview in most of the cases, whereas chance of I-751 interview is lower if you don't apply for N-400.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 hours ago, Nraf86 said:

How do you find out you service center?

Based on the NOA #receipt number! Eg. MSC…. is National benefits center(NBC). Vermont starts with EAC….

On 1/9/2023 at 4:30 AM, Nraf86 said:

Hello. How did you make SR for biometrics notice? Did you try calling them directly? Did you get any information about biometrics appointment? I got my NOA1 yesterday and need to know how do they take to send it biometrics appointment notice?

You can do it online at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=45033C2DE95E17BCFA024766EA0AB243?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init and claim you have not received biometrics notice. Many seem to get a canned response (case is still within normal processing time etc.). But some members report it seems to jog them into some kind of action. Whether this is a coincidence or the request is effective is something of an open question. Probably best not to try this until at least a month after NOA receipt. 

if you just received your NOA/extension, you may get notification of appointment or reuse fairly soon, or you may end up in the limbo that many of us find ourselves. Even if you do travel without receiving the notification, you can still reschedule if it arrives when you’re away. Just make sure there’s someone there to receive it and you have a way of calling USCIS while you’re away. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

You can do it online at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=45033C2DE95E17BCFA024766EA0AB243?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init and claim you have not received biometrics notice. Many seem to get a canned response (case is still within normal processing time etc.). But some members report it seems to jog them into some kind of action. Whether this is a coincidence or the request is effective is something of an open question. Probably best not to try this until at least a month after NOA receipt. 

if you just received your NOA/extension, you may get notification of appointment or reuse fairly soon, or you may end up in the limbo that many of us find ourselves. Even if you do travel without receiving the notification, you can still reschedule if it arrives when you’re away. Just make sure there’s someone there to receive it and you have a way of calling USCIS while you’re away. 

Did you try to send this request about the biometrics?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Timeline
3 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

Yes

What did you get as a response?

AOS from K1

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

14 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

What did you get as a response?

Got a canned response - case is still within normal processing time. The prevailing advice seems to be to keep sending them in until you get some action, but we didn’t send another one since we’re out of the country atm and don’t want to force the issue while we’re away. 

Hoping that nothing will happen until we get back to the US. Even if we do get a notice while we’re away, it should be possible to call them and reschedule, though, with everything USCIS, that sometimes leads to its own set of problems. 

As far as biometrics go, it seems that not only the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, but the left hand doesn’t even know what the left hand is doing. But what can you do? We just can’t put our entire life on hold for potentially 6 months because of this.

Timeline
6 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

Got a canned response - case is still within normal processing time. The prevailing advice seems to be to keep sending them in until you get some action, but we didn’t send another one since we’re out of the country atm and don’t want to force the issue while we’re away. 

Hoping that nothing will happen until we get back to the US. Even if we do get a notice while we’re away, it should be possible to call them and reschedule, though, with everything USCIS, that sometimes leads to its own set of problems. 

As far as biometrics go, it seems that not only the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, but the left hand doesn’t even know what the left hand is doing. But what can you do? We just can’t put our entire life on hold for potentially 6 months because of this.

Yeah I agree, and we can't do anything but wait. Hopefully they just reuse the previous biometrics really no need to re do them 

AOS from K1

6 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

With WAC it takes several months for biometrics update.  Maybe for other service centers the advice is to keep sending requests, but definitely not WAC.

2 hours ago, Moe428 said:

With WAC it takes several months for biometrics update.  Maybe for other service centers the advice is to keep sending requests, but definitely not WAC.

Thanks, that's very reassuring and helpful to know.

1 minute ago, BellaUnion said:

Thanks, that's very reassuring and helpful to know.

November 2021 WAC filer here. Got biometrics reused end of April 2022. And my case is not unique.

Edited by OldUser

Hello together. 

I filled for ROC in November 2022. 

Under my application i have my daughter as a dependent. 

We received an appointment for Biometrics for my minor daughter, but nothing for me yet. 

Is that usual that we get two different appointments, especially since its a 4 hour drive. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, KatharinaT said:

Hello together. 

I filled for ROC in November 2022. 

Under my application i have my daughter as a dependent. 

We received an appointment for Biometrics for my minor daughter, but nothing for me yet. 

Is that usual that we get two different appointments, especially since its a 4 hour drive. 

It can be. The appointment system is automated and doesn't care about your convenience. If you get your appointment letter before her appointment and it's a later date you can use it and try if they'll let you do your biometrics as well. But you need an appointment letter yourself to do so.

11 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It can be. The appointment system is automated and doesn't care about your convenience. If you get your appointment letter before her appointment and it's a later date you can use it and try if they'll let you do your biometrics as well. But you need an appointment letter yourself to do so.

You could also be a bit sneaky and file an e-request for missing notification and see if that jolts them into scheduling yours.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.