Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

419 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

First of all, thank you for sharing your experiences throughout the past year, these have been extremely helpful for me. I'd also like to share my story as I believe it can give more insight on what's going on in our journeys. I originally filed my I751 on November 3, 2022 (at least that's the day that USCIS received it) and was quickly moved to the "Fingerprints were taken" stage as they were able to reutilize the ones from my AOS (Approved on December 2020 after an interview). I received my 48 months extension letter, as everyone else and on September 17, I filed for my N400, exactly on the 90-day before mark. 

After over a year of no updates on my I751, on December 7th, 2023 I received an update saying that my case was transferred to another office and on December 8th, I received kind of the same update, just saying that the case was transferred to another office and that office now has jurisdiction over the case. Shortly after this, I received a letter from USCIS notifying that the case had been transferred to NBC to speed up processing. Although, it's worth mentioning that on November 29th, I filed a inquiry through my congress representative and on December 8th I received an email saying that the office of my congress rep had spoken to USCIS and they said that my case was on the way to the NYC Field Office (my office) and to expect more updates soon. 

I use the Case Tracker app on my phone and I've seen that four other cases (although different offices) have been transferred to other offices and the trend is that those cases have been approved after 4-5 days after the transfer. 

This wasn't the case for me and I'm totally fine with that, I just wonder if USCIS is waiting on my 3-year anniversary in order to move forward with both I751 and N400, or if the N400 had anything to do with my I751 finally moving forward. Hopefully I can be approved (i751) before the N400 interview. 

Anyways, thank you so much guys and let's keep up hope, we're almost there. Feel free to let me know what you think about my case. 

51 minutes ago, PeloJohn said:

Hi guys, 

First of all, thank you for sharing your experiences throughout the past year, these have been extremely helpful for me. I'd also like to share my story as I believe it can give more insight on what's going on in our journeys. I originally filed my I751 on November 3, 2022 (at least that's the day that USCIS received it) and was quickly moved to the "Fingerprints were taken" stage as they were able to reutilize the ones from my AOS (Approved on December 2020 after an interview). I received my 48 months extension letter, as everyone else and on September 17, I filed for my N400, exactly on the 90-day before mark. 

After over a year of no updates on my I751, on December 7th, 2023 I received an update saying that my case was transferred to another office and on December 8th, I received kind of the same update, just saying that the case was transferred to another office and that office now has jurisdiction over the case. Shortly after this, I received a letter from USCIS notifying that the case had been transferred to NBC to speed up processing. Although, it's worth mentioning that on November 29th, I filed a inquiry through my congress representative and on December 8th I received an email saying that the office of my congress rep had spoken to USCIS and they said that my case was on the way to the NYC Field Office (my office) and to expect more updates soon. 

I use the Case Tracker app on my phone and I've seen that four other cases (although different offices) have been transferred to other offices and the trend is that those cases have been approved after 4-5 days after the transfer. 

This wasn't the case for me and I'm totally fine with that, I just wonder if USCIS is waiting on my 3-year anniversary in order to move forward with both I751 and N400, or if the N400 had anything to do with my I751 finally moving forward. Hopefully I can be approved (i751) before the N400 interview. 

Anyways, thank you so much guys and let's keep up hope, we're almost there. Feel free to let me know what you think about my case. 

This is OK. There's no logic in approvals or of there is, we don't know it. A friend of mine filed I-751 two weeks later after me and got approved 3 or 4 months earlier. Some of the cases next to my case got approved earlier than me, some got approved later for no apparent reason.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Wish I could file the N400, too. Germany was supposed to have the law about dual citizenship changed by now, but now they're looking at early summer next year. Nothing to do but wait 🤷‍♀️ 

Heyyyyyy girl - so happy to see you on here!! Yep, same thing, won't be able to do the N400, so I'm just over here waiting, traveling around with extension letters. Our day will come eventually :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/14/2023 at 4:23 AM, Sagoo said:

November 2022 filers - it's happening!! My status just changed. 🥳"We mailed your new card for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence."

Whoa, so exciting!!! Congrats :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, PeloJohn said:

Hi guys, 

The movement was probably triggered by your N400 since they want both cases together at your field office. NBC requests it from the center and then moves it forward to your local office.

Often a combo interview will be held. Nothing too special 😊 While it's nice when ROC gets approved before without an interview, it's nothing to worry about or think too much into it if not. 

12 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

The movement was probably triggered by your N400 since they want both cases together at your field office. NBC requests it from the center and then moves it forward to your local office.

Often a combo interview will be held. Nothing too special 😊 While it's nice when ROC gets approved before without an interview, it's nothing to worry about or think too much into it if not. 

Here's hoping that I get that scheduled for an interview sooner than later. I don't really mind the combo interview, I just want to be done with USCIS, haha. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, PeloJohn said:

Here's hoping that I get that scheduled for an interview sooner than later. I don't really mind the combo interview, I just want to be done with USCIS, haha. 

I feel you 😅 fingers crossed it will be over soon.

I received the best early Christmas present ever!! I was curious so I logged onto the account (the app remains unchanged!) to see if the processing time for N400 had changed from 7 months and was so surprised to see my citizenship interview has been scheduled for February 6th!!!! My FO is Spokane, WA. Can’t believe how fast this is. I filed by paper on October 23rd 2023. 😬🎉🤯😅😊

My ROC application still shows the same online as finger prints are being reused so I assume I’m having a combination interview!  

Hope others get some movement and good news soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

Our case was randomly "approved" without an interview on December 29th, 2023 according to the online tracker. Filed in early November 2022 at Lincoln Service Center. Biometrics were waived in mid-December 2022 and then there was no movement until now. Did NOT file N400. Approval notice is coming in the mail today according to Informed Delivery. 

Edited by cbro20
more context

Timeline
On 1/2/2024 at 12:08 PM, cbro20 said:

Our case was randomly "approved" without an interview on December 29th, 2023 according to the online tracker. Filed in early November 2022 at Lincoln Service Center. Biometrics were waived in mid-December 2022 and then there was no movement until now. Did NOT file N400. Approval notice is coming in the mail today according to Informed Delivery. 

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 good start into the new year!

I'm not even halfway down the road with Vermont as processing center 🤣

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 1/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, cbro20 said:

Congrats ! 

My application is still on "case received" status for over a year now 🫠 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

• 2 weeks later...

Ooft the time is whizzing by. I last updated here on Dec 23rd to say I was pleasantly surprised to be invited for a combo interview on Feb 6th. On Dec 27th my status randomly changed to new card being produced and my 10 year card arrived in the mail on Jan 2nd. 

I have no clue why they invited me for an interview to then decide it wasn’t necessary but I’ll take it! Lol.  Next steps now are to just revise for the civics exam and find something to wear for the naturalisation interview!!! I’m extremely nervous but also very excited. 

Hope others get good news soon!!! 🎉

Timeline
On 1/16/2024 at 11:38 PM, Meg101 said:

Ooft the time is whizzing by. I last updated here on Dec 23rd to say I was pleasantly surprised to be invited for a combo interview on Feb 6th. On Dec 27th my status randomly changed to new card being produced and my 10 year card arrived in the mail on Jan 2nd. 

I have no clue why they invited me for an interview to then decide it wasn’t necessary but I’ll take it! Lol.  Next steps now are to just revise for the civics exam and find something to wear for the naturalisation interview!!! I’m extremely nervous but also very excited. 

Hope others get good news soon!!! 🎉

Wohoo. No rhyme or reason but I guess we'll take whatever breadcrumbs they give us 🤣

Germany voted to change the law and allow dual citizenship in the future. Still gonna take some time till it's all official but hopes for May 🤞

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like I skipped "Approved" and went straight to "Card is Being Produced". 😁

Another shout out to https://www.casestatusext.com/, there's been a lot of movement in the Nov-Dec 2022 block lately.

6 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Looks like I skipped "Approved" and went straight to "Card is Being Produced". 😁

Another shout out to https://www.casestatusext.com/, there's been a lot of movement in the Nov-Dec 2022 block lately.

Congratulations, what office was your case at?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.