EBBC

mother separated from her 10 month old daughter Awaiting interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good evening, I am separated from my daughter, it will be 3 months already. all my documents were approved on July 19, 2022. I live in Haiti. because of the crisis of the political crisis I am obliged to give my daughter to her father. who is unable to take care of it because of his work. I don't know what to do to have an emergency interview in Haiti to take care of my little princess and my husband. my husband is american. PD: 01/25/2021 I do not receive the email for 60 days I do not know if it's good or if it's good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are in the area of when a Writ of Mandamus  would be possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Do you mean that you got the notification from NVC that your case has been Documentarily Qualified (DQ)?

op posted in dq'd july 2022

Timeline
Il y a 11 minutes, Chancy a dit :

Voulez-vous dire que vous avez reçu la notification de NVC selon laquelle votre cas a été documentarilement qualifié (DQ) ?

Yes I got DQ 

*** Moved from NVC forum to Embassy/Consulate Discussion -- OP's case is already DQ, and interview scheduling varies by consulate, not an NVC issue ***

4 minutes ago, EBBC said:

Yes I got DQ 

Thanks for clarifying.  By the way, please do not post non-English versions of other people's replies.  Translate for your private reading, but please keep the original English quotes when you post or reply.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chancy said:

*** Déplacement du forum NVC à l'ambassade/consulate -- Le cas de l'OP est déjà DQ, et le calendrier des entretiens varie selon le consulat, pas un problème NVC ***

Merci d'avoir clarifié. Soit dit en passant, veuillez ne pas publier de versions non anglaises des réponses d'autres personnes. Traduisez pour votre lecture privée, mais veuillez conserver les citations anglaises originales lorsque vous publiez ou répondez.

Il y a 3 minutes, Chancy a dit :

*** Déplacement du forum NVC à l'ambassade/consulate -- Le cas de l'OP est déjà DQ, et le calendrier des entretiens varie selon le consulat, pas un problème NVC ***

Merci d'avoir clarifié. Soit dit en passant, veuillez ne pas publier de versions non anglaises des réponses d'autres personnes. Traduisez pour votre lecture privée, mais veuillez conserver les citations anglaises originales lorsque vous publiez ou répondez.

Sorry , I was Dq on July 19, 2022.

2 hours ago, EBBC said:

Tell me more about! Please

It is a lawsuit that one can file via an attorney.   Cost is $5-10k.

You were only DQ a few months ago though, and now waiting on an interview, so it would make no sense to do that at this point.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe Haiti has a large backlog and an interview might take a year to get.  You may qualify for expedited interview based on humanitarian reasons.  You should email the embassy in Port-au-Prince.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

EBBC, you're free to translate posts into French, but you must quote them here in English.  Please comply in the future.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I believe Haiti has a large backlog and an interview might take a year to get.  You may qualify for expedited interview based on humanitarian reasons.  You should email the embassy in Port-au-Prince.

😊 Thank you so much

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

EBBC, you're free to translate posts into French, but you must quote them here in English.  Please comply in the future.

VJ Moderation

I don’t know what happens, but my answers are sent in English.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, EBBC said:

Good evening, I am separated from my daughter, it will be 3 months already. all my documents were approved on July 19, 2022. I live in Haiti. because of the crisis of the political crisis I am obliged to give my daughter to her father. who is unable to take care of it because of his work. I don't know what to do to have an emergency interview in Haiti to take care of my little princess and my husband. my husband is american. PD: 01/25/2021 I do not receive the email for 60 days I do not know if it's good or if it's good.

I’m sorry for what you are facing. The U.S embassy isn’t giving interviews until January because of the situation that’s happening 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 12:52 AM, Lady Rain said:

I’m sorry for what you are facing. The U.S embassy isn’t giving interviews until January because of the situation that’s happening 

That's not fair at all for what haiti embassy are doing to us i have been waiting for almost 2 years just to interview my husband for his visa my God hmmm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.