Danny93

Filing for Citizenship through marriage

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Interestingly , incarceration is specifically  listed  as NOT involuntary ! 

I'm assuming USCIS's stance is that incarceration is a result of a voluntary decision to commit a crime.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I'm assuming USCIS's stance is that incarceration is a result of a voluntary decision to commit a crime.

Yep. Thats my thinking. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

In my humble view of your circumstance: is going for your citizenship a “want” or a “need”. If you need the citizenship for a job which only citizens can apply for then by all means submit your application whilst remaining aware of the extra USCIS scrutiny as highlighted by others. Your “need” will help you be creative to convince USCIS of your application validity. If it’s just a want then save your $725 for your studies and wait until the 5 years are up when the application should sail through. 

good luck in your studies and in your decision. 

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

6 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

You are concerned with financial loss in the future, but the risk of loosing $725 now on a longshot is not a concern.  Interesting.

Also, why the hurry?  In 2 more years you can apply for citizenship with no qualifiers.  I assume you'll be in school for those 2 years.  Does gaining citizenship now give you any benefit?

Oh so you think future financial loss (being a dentist vs being an uber drive or any other job that has nothing to do with your educational certificate) should be as bad as a $700? i would think the financial loss is going to be alot more than if I spend $700 😂

Edited by Danny93

7 minutes ago, Danny93 said:

Oh so you think future financial loss (being a dentist vs being an uber drive or any other job that has nothing to do with your educational certificate) should be as bad as a $700? Interesting 😂

You don't need to be a US citizen to get a job as a dentist. That is a very strange idea. Unless you are getting a job at the government, work with Department of Defense, or need special security clearance, your LPR status is more than enough. Please do some research before jumping to conclusions and being condescending to forum users, who give advice to protect you from extra scrutiny and potential denial of your N-400.

Edited by OldUser

21 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You don't need to be a US citizen to get a job as a dentist. That is a very strange idea. Unless you are getting a job at the government, work with Department of Defense, or need special security clearance, your LPR status is more than enough. Please do some research before jumping to conclusions and being condescending to forum users, who give advice to protect you from extra scrutiny and potential denial of your N-400.

No I do not need to be a US citizen to get a job. My question was in regards to the possibility of getting approval after 3 years of marriage. I was asking about the odds of being approved. I guess its pretty low and I want to try my chances. Maybe I could help others with my outcome 

4 minutes ago, Danny93 said:

No I do not need to be a US citizen to get a job. My question was in regards to the possibility of getting approval after 3 years of marriage. I was asking about the odds of being approved. I guess its pretty low and I want to try my chances. Maybe I could help others with my outcome 

@Danny93 Ok, then I didn't get the point of you mentioning uber driver jobs vs dentist in your reply.

By the way, did you have a conditional (2 year) green card? Did you remove your conditions by filing I-751? If you never filed or it's still pending, you may be in trouble.

Edited by OldUser

11 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Danny93 Ok, then I didn't get the point of you mentioning uber driver jobs vs dentist in your reply.

By the way, did you have a conditional (2 year) green card? Did you remove your conditions by filing I-751? If you never filed or it's still pending, you may be in trouble.

I mentioned this becauze Steve said this “You are concerned with financial loss in the future, but the risk of loosing $725 now on a longshot is not a concern.  Interesting.” 
I never had a conditional green card. I came with a 10 years GC

@Danny93 were you married over 2 years when you got your 10 year GC? This makes things easier. Still, when applying under 3 year rule you need to show you lived together for 3 years prior to filing N-400. Also, you need to live together in marital union all the way until Oath ceremony.

Otherwise, you are not eligible to naturalize under 3 year rule. Employment usually involves couple not living together, because US citizen spouse is in the military deployed somewhere or other exceptions like that. 

The safest thing for you to do is wait for 5 years after you became LPR and file under 5 year rule.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Danny93 said:

Oh so you think future financial loss (being a dentist vs being an uber drive or any other job that has nothing to do with your educational certificate) should be as bad as a $700? i would think the financial loss is going to be alot more than if I spend $700 😂

That is entire incorrect to what I wrote.

I asked why would you risk loosing $725 on a bad bet, and why do you need to try to be a citizen now.  I did not tell you not to pursue your education.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Danny93 said:

I mentioned this becauze Steve said this “You are concerned with financial loss in the future, but the risk of loosing $725 now on a longshot is not a concern.  Interesting.” 
I never had a conditional green card. I came with a 10 years GC

You completely missed their point. You talk about putting your studies first due to finances in the future. But that’s contradictory with your idea of essentially sparing $700 on an application that most likely will be denied.

And if you’re so sure that you are going to get away with it, why bother to come and ask here, with a condescending attitude as the cherry on top?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

5 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

You completely missed their point. You talk about putting your studies first due to finances in the future. But that’s contradictory with your idea of essentially sparing $700 on an application that most likely will be denied.

And if you’re so sure that you are going to get away with it, why bother to come and ask here, with a condescending attitude as the cherry on top?

You gotta chill dude. You gotta chill. I am not trying to make any problems. I am free to ask and choose whatever i find good for me. 

Edited by Danny93

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.