Sarge2155

I-751 October 2022 - Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Sent on 10/18 through USPS Next-Day Priority Express, delivered to Illinois Lockbox on 10/19.

Got a receipt number through email/SMS on 10/24 and myUSCIS shows as "Case Was Received" on Oct. 21, still awaiting physical copy of receipt.

Does this mean that my case was accepted or will they be another update in my case history for it?

Edited by skyline385

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, skyline385 said:

Sent on 10/18 through USPS Next-Day Priority Express, delivered to Illinois Lockbox on 10/19.

Got a receipt number through email/SMS on 10/24 and myUSCIS shows as "Case Was Received" on Oct. 21, still awaiting physical copy of receipt.

Does this mean that my case was accepted or will they be another update in my case history for it?

It means that they received your I-751, and they will have to review it and work on it. Will take a while before adjudication.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, He and I said:

It means that they received your I-751, and they will have to review it and work on it. Will take a while before adjudication.

Yep I am aware that it takes 1-2 years for ROC but what I was actually asking was if this means that they accepted my case for review?

I actually did check out some of the other posts here afterwards and looks like my case was accepted for review and the receipt they mailed should contain the 24 month extension...

Edited by skyline385

Timeline
1 hour ago, skyline385 said:

Yep I am aware that it takes 1-2 years for ROC but what I was actually asking was if this means that they accepted my case for review?

I actually did check out some of the other posts here afterwards and looks like my case was accepted for review and the receipt they mailed should contain the 24 month extension...

Got it! Yes you're corect! You should receive your NOA in few days, with 24 months extension.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, beloved_dingo said:

It does say this in the instructions for the I-751. Page 5, under Evidence of the Relationship: 

"Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date..."

Oh my goodness, you are quite right - totally missed that. Gold star for you!

On 10/26/2022 at 7:50 PM, mark08 said:

Just got a biometrics waived notification on myUSCIS. Looks like they reused the one I had for AOS.

Packet was sent 10/5 and got delivered on 10/6 to Elgin lockbox. NOA was dated 10/10 (received a few days later). Vermont Service Center (EAC).

I guess thats it for the next months.

We have a similar time timeline and the same service center.  I saw your post and it prompted me to check myUSCIS to see about the biometrics and low and behold the biometrics was waived. I was happy to see that. I’m hoping to get a notification in about 12 to 18 months that says “Your card is being produced”- no interview..

Edited by Micheal & Phoebe

Wow, two years passed quickly. I was done with this beautiful website but now I'm back 😀. Just started assembling my package, hopefully send it out later today. Good luck all!

Timeline
2 hours ago, K.T said:

Wow, two years passed quickly. I was done with this beautiful website but now I'm back 😀. Just started assembling my package, hopefully send it out later today. Good luck all!

Welcome back! Feel like being back to a family party lol

4 hours ago, K.T said:

Take your time while assembling check recheck and triple check!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hello all, just received my NOA with 24 month extension. I guess I have to check in a month if our biometrics also are waived. 

USPS delivered 10/19

Text from USCIS with case number on 10/21

Notice date 10/21

NOA received 10/29

Timeline

Quick question here. We got our extension letter for 24 months, and our GC expires on Dec 3, 2022.

We are travelling to France from Nov 9 to Nov 23, and we'll bring it with us just in case... Should we bring the original or a copy? I assume the original will be better, but don't want to risk losing it or whatsoever...

Edited by He and I

43 minutes ago, He and I said:

Quick question here. We got our extension letter for 24 months, and our GC expires on Dec 3, 2022.

We are travelling to France from Nov 9 to Nov 23, and we'll bring it with us just in case... Should we bring the original or a copy? I assume the original will be better, but don't want to risk losing it or whatsoever...

You must bring the original extension letter and the expired green card.

Take multiple copies with you too in case if airline asks for a copy. Have digital copies on your phone and in the cloud.

You will not be allowed on the plane without extension letter and green card.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

You must bring the original extension letter and the expired green card.

Take multiple copies with you too in case if airline asks for a copy. Have digital copies on your phone and in the cloud.

You will not be allowed on the plane without extension letter and green card.

Thank you for your quick response! Obviously we carry our GC all the time so we travel with it.

However, as I said our GC expires on Dec 2022 and we'll back on November 23. Does it mean that even if the GC is not expired, we still need to provide the extension letter? I was thinking bringing it just in case we need to extend our stay abroad after the expiration date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.