dobasa

Virtual Marriage

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello please I need to asked if our paperwork will not be affected because we do the virtual wedding online around April and used that to file our paper work. 

I’m from Nigerian and me and my wife have our honey moon in Dubai meeting for the first time, please I need suggestions and what to do base on our paperwork 

thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You married on first meet, that is likely to be an issue.

Will she be staying with you until the interview?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

45 minutes ago, dobasa said:

Hello please I need to asked if our paperwork will not be affected because we do the virtual wedding online around April and used that to file our paper work. 

I’m from Nigerian and me and my wife have our honey moon in Dubai meeting for the first time, please I need suggestions and what to do base on our paperwork 

thanks 

When did you meet before April or after April?

The marriage is only valid for immigration purposes if you were together during the wedding or met after... 

Did you include proof of meeting in your package? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Age difference?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-3 Progress subforum to the CR-1 Process forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Assuming you took your honeymoon after you married because why would you call it a honeymoon if you weren't married.

Did you marry online through Utah or another state? As long as you were married virtually and then met after you are in the clear. I uploaded the electronic marriage cert and also scans of the original marriage cert from Utah just to cover all bases.

What specific paperwork are you worried about? If your wife is a US Citizen then she should be processing your immigration paperwork.

Texas Service Center
Consulate: Manila
Marriage: 09/14/2022

I-130 Sent: 09/29/2022
I-130 NOA1: 10/14/2022 
I-129F Sent: 10/10/2022, REC 10/20/2022
I-129F NOA1: 10/25/2022

I-130 NOA2: 8/31/23

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, dobasa said:

thanks 

The process starts with action from the US Citizen.  Get her here to read the guides and do her homework.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 10/1/2022 at 6:49 AM, dobasa said:

thanks 

On 10/1/2022 at 7:36 AM, ROK2USA said:

The marriage is only valid for immigration purposes if you were together during the wedding or met after... 

We meet May in Dubai for our honeymoon and she will be here this month but we already process our paperwork august 

Timeline
On 10/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, Boiler said:

We haven’t meet in person before but we have know each other for 4 years but she couldn’t travelled because of medical reasons 

On 10/1/2022 at 7:36 AM, ROK2USA said:

Yes we did because it was done through an immigration lawyer 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

Assuming you took your honeymoon after you married because why would you call it a honeymoon if you weren't married.

Did you marry online through Utah or another state? As long as you were married virtually and then met after you are in the clear. I uploaded the electronic marriage cert and also scans of the original marriage cert from Utah just to cover all bases.

What specific paperwork are you worried about? If your wife is a US Citizen then she should be processing your immigration paperwork.

Yeah through Utah, yes she is us citizen 

and we met in Dubai after the wedding 

Timeline
On 10/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, Boiler said:

No she is in usa 

we haven’t meet in person before 

but know other for years but get serious last year 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obviously raise eyebrows but good news is you have plenty of time before the interview to shore things up

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

13 minutes ago, dobasa said:

No she is in usa 

we haven’t meet in person before 

but know other for years but get serious last year 

You said in your original posting tat you met in Dubai... Here you say you have never met in person... Which is it, have you met in person or not?

Texas Service Center
Consulate: Manila
Marriage: 09/14/2022

I-130 Sent: 09/29/2022
I-130 NOA1: 10/14/2022 
I-129F Sent: 10/10/2022, REC 10/20/2022
I-129F NOA1: 10/25/2022

I-130 NOA2: 8/31/23

1 hour ago, dobasa said:

We meet May in Dubai for our honeymoon and she will be here this month but we already process our paperwork august 

Make sure you meet in person in Dubai or another place a few more times before the I-130 is approved. 

Then submit the evidence of meeting when you submit I-864 and DS260. 

Then try to meet a few more times before the interview.

Nigeria is viewed as a high fraud country so they might question the bonafide of the marriage because you married BEFORE meeting for the first time... and they might question how well you know each other if you've only met once before filing. 

Is there an age gap? Who is older? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steve & Erma said:

You said in your original posting tat you met in Dubai... Here you say you have never met in person... Which is it, have you met in person or not?

I think just a tense problem.  They married in April and met in May.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.