2,974 posts in this topic

Yesterday December 2nd I received a RFE for my medical examination to be mailed to USCIS! 
Case filed July 2019
I-360 Case approved in June 2021

Edited by lonelyheartclub
Updated case type

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
57 minutes ago, lonelyheartclub said:

Yesterday December 2nd I received a RFE for my medical examination to be mailed to USCIS! 

Sounds hopeful!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can anyone advise me on whether or not I should renew my AP?

I-360 approved this week, and my AP is expiring in February 2023. I am seeing on the USCIS website that I-131 is taking appox 7 months for renewal. Do you think it is worthwhile renewing this, or just waiting it out until my I-485 is completed?

(I-485 filed in July 2019, held in Abeyance January 2020. NYC field office, but AR-11 filed in June 2021 change of address to Massachusetts)

Thanks 

2 hours ago, CDIRL said:

I-360 approved this week, and my AP is expiring in February 2023. I am seeing on the USCIS website that I-131 is taking appox 7 months for renewal. Do you think it is worthwhile renewing this, or just waiting it out until my I-485 is completed?

(I-485 filed in July 2019, held in Abeyance January 2020. NYC field office, but AR-11 filed in June 2021 change of address to Massachusetts)

Thanks 

I would file for a renewal AP card, the wait from I-360 to approved I-485 is long 15-17 months I believe 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 12/3/2022 at 8:42 PM, lonelyheartclub said:

Case filed July 2019
I-360 Case approved in June 2021

Hi, congrats

. I have the same timeline and I am in NYC too.

I have been waiting for RFE or interview since June 2021.i have tried congresswoman inquiry but no success.

Did you do anything to get the RFE??

1 hour ago, pindiboy said:

Hi, congrats

I have been waiting for RFE or interview since June 2021.i have tried congresswoman inquiry but no success.

Make the infopass. Do the medical and take it with you. 

I know couple of people. They went to infopass and hand in their medical then within few days they got approved. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
6 hours ago, balo101 said:

Make the infopass. Do the medical and take it with you. 

I know couple of people. They went to infopass and hand in their medical then within few days they got approved. 

I tried that by chatting with EMMA and they told me to Waite for the call within a month,I am currently waiting for the call to make an infopass appointment.

Thanks for your help.

Is there any explanation why i360 would be sent to the department of state for consular processing before getting a decision? Like it was updated to “sent to the department of State” before any update of a decision like approved or denied 

in what case does this usually happen? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/1/2022 at 8:32 PM, Risen said:

@sandraj @Stillwinning!!!😊 and others.

Good evening house. I met a coworker at work a week ago during orientation training. we got to talk because we were both using  EAD that brought us closer as an immigrant we got talking and share our journey and immigration up and down.  She came here on k1 and she got married along the line the spouse started abusing her. she had alot of evidence against his ex but she didnt.know about vawa. I explained to her and sent her links to this group to give her insight.about the process. She came to me today during lunch, she said will prefer to remarry her new.lover who is a citizen instead of.waiting 2 yrs for vawa process. I told her K1 Visa has a clause, that she can't remarry to another person to  adjust status except for the person that brought you in as a fiance,she insisted that am wrong that her attorney said is possible to remarry and file a new application.  I mine wrong ?

She cannot adjust status based on the I-130 filed by her second spouse. She can get married, leave the Country and come to the U.S with a CR1 visa.Ask her to read  the Law,. Here is a decision from the Board Of Immigration.

A. Fiancé(e) Adjustment Based on a Second Marriage-

Matter of Alfred Kebbie SESAY, Respondent

Decided March 17, 2011

U.S. Department of Justice Executive Office for Immigration Review Board of Immigration Appeals

"The respondent now concedes that he cannot adjust status based on the I-130 visa petition filed by his second wife. We agree, because the language of section 245(d) of the Act clearly precludes fiancé(e)s from adjusting status on any basis other than marriage to the fiancé(e) petitioner. See Markovski v. Gonzales, 486 F.3d 108, 110 (4th Cir. 2007) (stating that the language of section 245(d) of the Act is clear insofar as it bars K-1 visa holders from adjusting status on any basis other than marriage to the fiancé(e) petitioner); see also Kalal v. Gonzales, 402 F.3d 948, 951 (9th Cir. 2005) (same).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

VSC Did

On 12/5/2022 at 11:48 AM, CDIRL said:

Thanks 

You  should renew your AP since you won't get the   AOS decision until  October/Nov 2023.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:04 AM, pindiboy said:

Hi, congrats

Hi! 
I reached out to congresswoman in September, I followed up after 40 days and they said they hadn’t got a response and they would reach out again, then I got the medical request and the same day congress replied saying that they heard from USCIS saying they had sent it out a request to evidence. You are so close it has to be close by. What was the outcome of your congresswoman’s inquiry? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.