Celie

N-400 August Filers 2022

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/24/2022 at 3:36 PM, NjK said:

Hi,

just an update my N-400 interview was scheduled for November 14 in Federal Plaza.

Maybe will be a combo interview.My I-751 still pending but updated fingerprint were taken as of October 16,2022.

Good luck on your interview today 

I guess Denver FO isn't one of the lucky offices that are processing N400s quickly. :( Not a peep since we did the biometrics. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Hi all,

I had my citizenship interview and passed.The officer sad that is going to update my pending I-751 case and send me the oath appointment letter for December or early January.My husband was with me at the interview and we were asked a lot of questions for pending  I-751.

I decided yesterday to ask Emma to speak to a live agent.

Seems like they got it sent for an interview my assumption is Denver FO is backlogged. That's good news though.  

Screenshot_20221114-173540~2.png

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:07 PM, Lana&Ivy said:

Nov 9: I saw "Interview was Scheduled" that day  -- I was not notified by email. I was sent an "update your Case Tracker app" notification and that's how I realized.

USCIS website has "Interview Scheduled.pdf" document there but it currently just leads to an error notice, so I don't know the interview date yet.

Los Angeles office (I HOPE!)

Filed online: 8/03/2022 (biometrics reused)

Hi there....were you able to find out what date your interview in Downtown LA office is?  I am curious as that will give an idea of when ours may get scheduled.  Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

Hi there....were you able to find out what date your interview in Downtown LA office is?  I am curious as that will give an idea of when ours may get scheduled.  Thanks.

Your timing is FANTASTIC. I got the Interview Notice in the mail today.

December 14th.   300 N Los Angeles Street.

4 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Your timing is FANTASTIC. I got the Interview Notice in the mail today.

December 14th.   300 N Los Angeles Street.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your info. All the best with the interview. My wife’s case will be scheduled at the same office. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 4:55 PM, LizM said:

My naturalization interview was just scheduled for end of November. A bit surprised since I only filed the N-400 in late August (and the I-751 in September last year), thought I'd go well into next year before hearing anything. Also, they didn't send an email about this update, but they did for all other updates (bio waived, change of jurisdiction, so on). So when I got the letter today I was ready to throw it out thinking it was just a copy of the jurisdiction update.

Good luck on your interview today 🍀🙏🏻.

Applied n-400 (already approved 10 years GC)  on AUG 31. Apreared for the N-400 interview last week and approved.

on interview, waited for 30 mins and after that an officer took me in and it took 15 mins in total. 

the officer asked following questions

1. what 1 promise you give as an us citizen 
  2. only right for US citizen 
  3. responsibility for us citizen
  4. How many U.S. Senators are there?
  5. name 2 US holidays
  6. not remembered

Then english verbal and written 1 line for each. Asked some personal questions, didn't ask any document or photo or anything, but it depends on case to case.  

And took my both green cards, kept the 2 years one with them and gave back the 10 year one. Gave me a printed letter  - recommended for approval

A week later got an oath letter saying naturalization ceremony after 2 months 

if anyone is preparing for the civic test, get a free paperback copy from biometric center. can just visit the ASC and ask for the copy. Also flashcards are good options for self study/  

White flash card link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_reversed_colors.pdf

Red flash card link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_red_slides.pdf , for printing: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_red.pdf

find more study documents here: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources/study-for-the-test?doc_type=All&items_per_page=25

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Prince & Angel said:

Applied n-400 (already approved 10 years GC)  on AUG 31. Apreared for the N-400 interview last week and approved.

on interview, waited for 30 mins and after that an officer took me in and it took 15 mins in total. 

the officer asked following questions

1. what 1 promise you give as an us citizen 
  2. only right for US citizen 
  3. responsibility for us citizen
  4. How many U.S. Senators are there?
  5. name 2 US holidays
  6. not remembered

Then english verbal and written 1 line for each. Asked some personal questions, didn't ask any document or photo or anything, but it depends on case to case.  

And took my both green cards, kept the 2 years one with them and gave back the 10 year one. Gave me a printed letter  - recommended for approval

A week later got an oath letter saying naturalization ceremony after 2 months 

if anyone is preparing for the civic test, get a free paperback copy from biometric center. can just visit the ASC and ask for the copy. Also flashcards are good options for self study/  

White flash card link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_reversed_colors.pdf

Red flash card link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_red_slides.pdf , for printing: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_red.pdf

find more study documents here: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources/study-for-the-test?doc_type=All&items_per_page=25

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all, just found this thread of aug filers. Add me to the list

Filed Aug 15th, Aug 30th interview scheduled, Oct 13th interview. Passed interview.

IO said 3-4 weeks for oath ceremony letter, online says 30 days.. we have passed both of those dates, anyway to check status of case besides logging in?

Also, forgive me new to this but what is for I-751? I have had a GC for 11 yrs and just filed N400 for citizenship, what does form I751 do? 

2 hours ago, kaibosh said:

Hello all, just found this thread of aug filers. Add me to the list

Filed Aug 15th, Aug 30th interview scheduled, Oct 13th interview. Passed interview.

IO said 3-4 weeks for oath ceremony letter, online says 30 days.. we have passed both of those dates, anyway to check status of case besides logging in?

Also, forgive me new to this but what is for I-751? I have had a GC for 11 yrs and just filed N400 for citizenship, what does form I751 do? 

I751 is the removal of conditions on a greencard. You don't need to worry about that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, JMPM said:

I751 is the removal of conditions on a greencard. You don't need to worry about that. 

Thanks, I guess it is hurry up and wait. Has any August filer gotten an oath ceremony scheduled yet?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, kaibosh said:

Thanks, I guess it is hurry up and wait. Has any August filer gotten an oath ceremony scheduled yet?

I am at my wife’s oath ceremony right now here in New Orleans. We filed in August.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.