Arickson

CR1 visa interview process

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey everyone, I just need a bit of help knowing how the interview process works. I am a US citizen filing for my wife. We both currently are living overseas. I have a couple questions that I need help with. First, will I be interviewed with my wife at the US embassy or is it just her? It would make sense that both are interviewed but on the visa website it says the petitioner does not need to attend. Secondly I’m also wondering about how I can prove that I am wanting to reestablish my domicile after the visa process is completed? Thank you so much for any and all help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1.  No.  In the past the spouse attending the interview was a good sign of a relationship, but during the Covid days extra people were not allowed in the Embassy/consulate.  If they do allow spouses to enter the waiting area, you may or may not be called to the interview.

2.  Good evidence is maintaining a home in the US and having US financials (banks, investments, etc.)  Also having filed all tax returns.  Then a simple statement that you will leave your current overseas job and relocate to the US when the visa is issued should suffice.  If your interview date is close, then start looking for jobs in the US and convey that information -- that you have lined up interviews with XYZ company, submitted resumes/applications to YZX company, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you also need a US income to support the petition for spouse visa it is  125% of poverty guidelines and/or a joint sponsor

https://aspe.hhs.gov/topics/poverty-economic-mobility/poverty-guidelines

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Not sure if it's going to help you but we are in the same situation, my wife (USC) does not have a house or anything in the US as she lived in France forever, but she had filed all the tax returns, she voted for the last presidential and we will open a bank account and put some saving on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.