BasitFionaAli

NVC keeps denying my 2021 tax transcript

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I uploaded my past 3 tax transcripts and NVC accept the first two but keep denying my latest one. I don't understand how or why. They claim it's missing or incomplete but I got this transcript from the IRS website and scanned it and uploaded it 3 times and they still deny it. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE IM SO READY TO BE FREE FROM NVC'S CLUTCHES 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why would you scan it if you downloaded it? Just download from IRS & upload to NVC

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Timona said:

Why would you scan it if you downloaded it? Just download from IRS & upload to NVC

Bingo.  Probably a scan that leaves some small detail out due to a scanning error.  Just upload the actual PDF from IRS.  First, check to make sure it is a "Tax Return Transcript" and not some other kind of tax transcript.  There's more than one kind.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I'm not very technilogical and I know I should be cause I'm a millennial lol I literally just found that out today that I can download it on my phone ughhhhh. My scans had missing pages is why they kept getting denied (I just discovered this too) I also know now why I keep getting pushed to the back of the line.. I should be hitting replace documents instead of deleting them and re-uploading them and of course I discovered this too late. I swear, Basits and I's case walked so my mother in law's could run 😒🤣🤣 I want to delete this whole post cause I'm so embarrassed lol 😅

Timeline
5 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

I'm not very technilogical and I know I should be cause I'm a millennial lol I literally just found that out today that I can download it on my phone ughhhhh. My scans had missing pages is why they kept getting denied (I just discovered this too) I also know now why I keep getting pushed to the back of the line.. I should be hitting replace documents instead of deleting them and re-uploading them and of course I discovered this too late. I swear, Basits and I's case walked so my mother in law's could run 😒🤣🤣 I want to delete this whole post cause I'm so embarrassed lol 😅

It's good that you leave this thread up. Others might have the same problem, and your experience may well help them. We all make mistakes. It's all part of being human. 🙂

Timeline
On 8/13/2022 at 11:11 AM, TenderHearted said:

It's good that you leave this thread up. Others might have the same problem, and your experience may well help them. We all make mistakes. It's all part of being human. 🙂

Thank you. The only thing good that comes out of this is that I can help others I know alot of people who are going through the same process as I so they will have their spouse come quicker by learning from me what NOT to do 🤣🤣

Timeline
19 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Thank you. The only thing good that comes out of this is that I can help others I know alot of people who are going through the same process as I so they will have their spouse come quicker by learning from me what NOT to do 🤣🤣

You're welcome. There are things you mentioned that I know will help others, for instance, not deleting but replacing documents. I didn't know that, and although I'm still waiting on the NVC review of my submitted docs (and I'm hoping I get DQ first time through but you never know), it's small things like that which can make a big difference.

Timeline
On 8/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, TenderHearted said:

You're welcome. There are things you mentioned that I know will help others, for instance, not deleting but replacing documents. I didn't know that, and although I'm still waiting on the NVC review of my submitted docs (and I'm hoping I get DQ first time through but you never know), it's small things like that which can make a big difference.

I'm glad I could help! Just wish I realized that these two times resubmitting documents 🤣🤣 now I must wait another 2 months for the third time 🤦‍♀️ but it's okay cause I'm already planning another visit to see my husband (my fourth visit) I been visiting him every 9 months throughout this whole process cause I refuse to let this process keep us separated 💓

Timeline
3 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Great news guys! I'm documentarily qualified!!!

Congrats to you 🙂! It must be something in the air, because just as of an hour or so ago, my wife and I are DQ as well! I was worried about it honestly, but it has worked out finally.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Interesting, I thought that if you get denied at NVC, you are moved to the end of the queue and you would have to wait another 2.5 months. Was this policy changed recently?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, aerodnight said:

Interesting, I thought that if you get denied at NVC, you are moved to the end of the queue and you would have to wait another 2.5 months. Was this policy changed recently?

That was my thought as well, maybe they have some discretion in this regard, or even maybe a rule that says such and such if it's only one document. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself would chime in. An informed answer would be nice to know.

Timeline
13 hours ago, aerodnight said:

I think it's cause I have Congress helping me. He called them before I realized my tax return had missing pages and they didn't notice my tax return had missing pages and sent it to document review cause they believed they made a mistake and denied me by mistake. I realized when I got home that night that I did make a mistake and switched the documents... So when they reviewed my case they probably thought they denied me for no reason and didn't realize I switched the documents... That's my best guess. Either way, it was a miracle lol 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post has been split from this thread and moved to the Asia: South regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.