Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,246 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

I got DQ on August 22, 2022 and got my interview letter on August 30, 2022 and my interview date is set for October 31, 2022 and my priority date is May 25, 2022. I'm EB3 I'm not sure if it's because I'm a healthcare worker as to why I got through very quickly. 

Wow, congrats @Tiabeanie! Just curious, did you get the DQ email on 08/22 or is the DQ letter attached dated 08/22? 

Also EB3 healthcare, received DQ email 08/22 but letter dated 08/23. No IL. 

2 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Dip_eb https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv When is your interview?

Thank you for sharing the link.

interview date: Oct 18

*** also very important 

- while waiting for the interview i was blessed with a baby girl, she is now 5 months old. do any of you know what are the options i have with the baby?

Thank you and will be appreciated for your advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Dip_eb Congrats on the baby! This is a tricky situation regarding the immigration of your baby, so we will need the help of someone very senior. I will copy some senior members. @From_CAN_2_US @mam521

As I understand it, baby needs to be added as a derivative beneficiary.  I'd contact the Consulate.  If baby doesn't have an approved application, baby isn't able to immigrate.  

"Based on your approved petition, your spouse and minor unmarried children, younger than 21, may apply for immigrant visas with you. Like you, they must also fill out required application forms, obtain required civil documents, pay the required fees, and undergo medical examinations. Same-sex spouses of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), along with their minor children, are now eligible for the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex spouses. Consular officers at U.S. Embassies and Consulates will adjudicate their immigrant visa applications upon receipt of an approved I-130 or I-140  petition from USCIS. For further information, please see our FAQ’s."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html#members

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.