Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

1,956 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

Hi there I'm fairly new to this website I got this email from NVC does this mean that I've been DQ? Thanks 

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application. 

The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  
You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin at https://usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at https://nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience"

yes

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,  

Has anyone gone through the process of rescheduling their interview date?  We are getting conflicting info and it is not clear how to do it  (the info provided online and in emails do not make sense).  Appreciate hearing about anyone's experience.

2 hours ago, LMIV said:

Hi all,  

Has anyone gone through the process of rescheduling their interview date?  We are getting conflicting info and it is not clear how to do it  (the info provided online and in emails do not make sense).  Appreciate hearing about anyone's experience.

I agree, info shared online and in the instructions seem very counter intuitive but it looks like that might be the way to go, i.e. wait for the interview date to pass and email them the very next day requesting to reschedule. I believe we had Era101 earlier who did that and were able to get a date the following month. I’d be so nervous doing that though, such a counter-intuitive way to request a reschedule AFTER the date has passed.

Edited by VA21202

7 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

I have two questions,

1)How long on average is it taking people to get their I-140 approval to being DQ?

2)I'm in the process of EB3 and is the interview wait time really 2 years that's been predicted online here?

1) Depends if your case was approved in NSC or TSC. If it's the former, it will take 3-4 weeks to get to NVC. If your case is in TSC, you can be among the lucky few, or among the unlucky majority who have their case held in TSC for ~90 days before being sent to NVC. From there, you can look at the NVC timeline to exactly predict how long it's going to take to be DQ'd (2 months at most).

2) 1 to 2 years, depending on the actual backlog so far. Here is my comment on the backlog, and what it implies in terms of wait time.

41 minutes ago, New_123 said:

hi all, does anyone know if EB NIWs have priority over other EBs? asking since I'm reading in this forum here that EB NIWs DQ-ed as recent as 2022 are getting interviews.

As far as I understand, from the CO statement, all EB categories are treated equally.

That one instance you are referring to was an exception, and the applicant himself doesn't know exactly why he got it so early. The wait time mentioned on the CO website are quite representative of who they are inviting right  now (for EB, it's people DQ'd on April 2020).

Check out the excel spreadsheet here for more cases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Edited by immishok

31 minutes ago, immishok said:

As far as I understand, from the CO statement, all EB categories are treated equally.

That one instance you are referring to was an exception, and the applicant himself doesn't know exactly why he got it so early. The wait time mentioned on the CO website are quite representative of who they are inviting right  now (for EB, it's people DQ'd on April 2020).

Check out the excel spreadsheet here for more cases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

thanks for your quick response, @immishok :) I guess we can just hope they quickly start clearly EB backlogs as well now that the other categories are caught up. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, New_123 said:

hi all, does anyone know if EB NIWs have priority over other EBs? asking since I'm reading in this forum here that EB NIWs DQ-ed as recent as 2022 are getting interviews.

I asked my lawyer this question Monday as I have I-140s approved for both EB-1 and EB-2 NIW.  He was not aware of any priority/preference being given.  Looks like they just got lucky was all.

@Blueeyes1989 You beat me to it :)

It's quite interesting that they managed to double both F and E processing rate at the same time. 

I guess the new officers who were hired to push IR interview rate from 200 to 400, are still at work. The 200 IR surplus cases they could invite has now been distributed among F and E, doubling their processing rate.

If they keep at it, we could see IL wait time reduce dramatically in the coming months and in the next six months or so we could get back to the prepandemic 6 months wait time.

4 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@immishokThey are pushing 3 months of F category per month. At this rate F will be current in 4 months. Then they will start churning out EB at high rates. 6-8 months sounds doable for clearing all backlogs. 

You are right, if they can finish F sooner, then they can churn out EB at even quadruple the normal rate (~280/month). I am generally pessimistic, but ... looking forward to that!! 🙏

Edited by immishok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.