Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,018 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a place for us to mention we have a job offer in the US when we send in our package to the NVC?  I don't recall this, but if that's the case I'd be happy to send one in.

NVC doesn't ask in the checklist for a job offer for self petitioned types, but I believe you could always send one in if you had one when you are sending all the documents, at least as far as I was told... 

1 hour ago, 3LabMom said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a place for us to mention we have a job offer in the US when we send in our package to the NVC?  I don't recall this, but if that's the case I'd be happy to send one in.

I don't know if there is such a thing in the DS260 form, but if there isn't you can always (e)mail that to NVC (ideally mail it as part of the civil docs package), or upload that on CEAC if there is a place to do that.

48 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@3LabMom I would suggest that you do not add any new documents to your NVC profile, until you get an interview call. Changing anything in your NVC profile might reset your DQ date.

@3LabMom that is also sth to consider.

Edited by immishok

I know this has been discussed before, but need some extra information.

Does anyone have any idea where to find the latest list of immunization needed to be completed before the interview. We have very old records and want to start working on missing vaccinations. We wanted to request for a titres test to check for immunity of the vaccines  needed. So want to be sure what vaccines are necessary.

I was looking at the age range 18-64 years. 

@Sorrel  as you had recommended, I looked at Dr. Cheema's  website for the list of the required vaccines (based on age). It seems a little different from one found on this pdf,  I have attached.

I saw the MMR, TDAP, Varicella as required vaccines (these coincide with what is listed on Dr Cheema's website).
Is the Hepatitis B vaccination a requirement for Age 19- 59 (this is not on Dr Cheema's list) ?  Any other vaccinations besides these ?

Since you had your interview recently do you remember what were the vaccinations the doctor checked for? Thanks !!

Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf

20 minutes ago, JustHopeful said:

Does anyone have any idea where to find the latest list of immunization needed to be completed before the interview.

Official list of required vaccinations by visa applicant age here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

Requirement for Hep B vaccination is a recent change by CDC, that's why it's not on the clinic's list yet.  Make sure you get it if you are 59 years old or below.

COVID-19 vaccination is also required.  Boosters are not required for the visa medical.

23 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Official list of required vaccinations by visa applicant age here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

Requirement for Hep B vaccination is a recent change by CDC, that's why it's not on the clinic's list yet.  Make sure you get it if you are 59 years old or below.

COVID-19 vaccination is also required.  Boosters are not required for the visa medical.

Thank you for this valuable info. 

On 8/17/2022 at 10:09 AM, immishok said:

I refer to a previous post in the previous thread on this. No the wait time is likely not going to be that long if you consider the full data available on DoS website.

However one thing you should note is that the CO always states "most Employment cases ..." emphasis on "most". Cases are not exactly invited for interview in the order they were DQ'd as much as the NVC website wants you to believe.

Actually I know of someone who was DQ'd on December 2021 (yes, twenty twenty ONE) and got their IL in the last batch (their interview is for late August). Their case was a normal NIW case (no expedite request) but they had a job offer which they mentioned in their DQ'd package sent to NVC (their job was nothing that would imply any urgency like medical and stuff, but I assume they had a deadline for their start date and they had to be in the US by that time). 

I wanted to correct a few mistakes on my report on this case :)

I mistakenly mentioned that  December 2021 was the DQ date of my contact who got their IL in the last batch.

First of all, it wasn't in the last batch, but the one before it (status mentioning case being transferred to the consulate on June 27). More importantly, December 20, 2021 was their I-140 approval date !

Their DQ date was April 12, 2022 . So this got even more interesting !! 

Basically 2 months after DQ date they got their IL. I want to re-emphasize this was an EB2-NIW case, not an IR which has a 2m wait time these days. 

5 hours ago, JustHopeful said:

I know this has been discussed before, but need some extra information.

Does anyone have any idea where to find the latest list of immunization needed to be completed before the interview. We have very old records and want to start working on missing vaccinations. We wanted to request for a titres test to check for immunity of the vaccines  needed. So want to be sure what vaccines are necessary.

I was looking at the age range 18-64 years. 

@Sorrel  as you had recommended, I looked at Dr. Cheema's  website for the list of the required vaccines (based on age). It seems a little different from one found on this pdf,  I have attached.

I saw the MMR, TDAP, Varicella as required vaccines (these coincide with what is listed on Dr Cheema's website).
Is the Hepatitis B vaccination a requirement for Age 19- 59 (this is not on Dr Cheema's list) ?  Any other vaccinations besides these ?

Since you had your interview recently do you remember what were the vaccinations the doctor checked for? Thanks !!

Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf 124.78 kB · 0 downloads

I would go with the new CDC recommendation.  We went with exactly what was required at the time for our age group.   After the long wait of almost four years we went over and above to make sure we had everything in place, to the point where we had our Police certificate done four times, and our photos done three times, because some sites said they had to be within six months, some sites said they had to be date stamped, and in the end they just took the photos and didn't even look at the back.  Also as I mentioned in my previous posts Dr. cheema was very easy to communicate with beforehand so if you have any questions you can email him directly, and he answers in a very timely manner.

47 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

I would go with the new CDC recommendation.  We went with exactly what was required at the time for our age group.   After the long wait of almost four years we went over and above to make sure we had everything in place, to the point where we had our Police certificate done four times, and our photos done three times, because some sites said they had to be within six months, some sites said they had to be date stamped, and in the end they just took the photos and didn't even look at the back.  Also as I mentioned in my previous posts Dr. cheema was very easy to communicate with beforehand so if you have any questions you can email him directly, and he answers in a very timely manner.

Thanks. That's great will email Dr Cheema with any questions I have. 

The whole Police verification, vaccines and getting all other documents ready process is painful. It must have been tough for u to redo the police verification so many times. Glad you are done with this now. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, immishok said:

I wanted to correct a few mistakes on my report on this case :)

I mistakenly mentioned that  December 2021 was the DQ date of my contact who got their IL in the last batch.

First of all, it wasn't in the last batch, but the one before it (status mentioning case being transferred to the consulate on June 27). More importantly, December 20, 2021 was their I-140 approval date !

Their DQ date was April 12, 2022 . So this got even more interesting !! 

Basically 2 months after DQ date they got their IL. I want to re-emphasize this was an EB2-NIW case, not an IR which has a 2m wait time these days. 

Can you list their occupation or at least field of NIW approval?

12 hours ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Can you list their occupation or at least field of NIW approval?

Like I said before, it was nothing that was time sensitive. They listed machine learning engineer as their occupation, and the job offer letter provided to NVC as part of the civil docs package didn't actually have a start date deadline either (I first thought it did, but it didn't). My own guess for why they got their IL so quickly is that it is either due to just pure luck or due to Montreal CO clearing the backlogs faster (or a combination of both).

Edited by immishok

Hi there I'm fairly new to this website I got this email from NVC does this mean that I've been DQ? Thanks 

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application. 

The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  
You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin at https://usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at https://nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.