Sarge2155

August 2022 - AOS Filers

213 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I have a question regarding for I-765 form for work authorization. I know this is for August, but it appears there hasn't been a September one created yet and we are trying to file ASAP.

Where the heck do I find the eligibility category? When I go look at the directions, this is all I see about K1s and it makes it sounds like it only would allow him to work for 3 months, not permanently. Does anyone have any clarity they could provide?

Thanks!

Joy

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 2.10.20 PM.png

25 minutes ago, JJOchola said:

I have a question regarding for I-765 form for work authorization. I know this is for August, but it appears there hasn't been a September one created yet and we are trying to file ASAP.

Where the heck do I find the eligibility category? When I go look at the directions, this is all I see about K1s and it makes it sounds like it only would allow him to work for 3 months, not permanently. Does anyone have any clarity they could provide?

Thanks!

Joy

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 2.10.20 PM.png

The category is (c)(9)

- some people type it as (c)(0)(9) - same thing

You are filing as adjustment of status, you have already completed the k1 portion of your immigration so that part is no longer what applies. It’s a different category, so if it’s approved, it would be valid until you receive your green card.

Edited by TheJs

1 hour ago, JJOchola said:

Look here for the September AOS thread:

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did my biometric today, took 5 min. The lady stamped the appointment paper and gave it back to me. Status for the AOS and EAD change to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS", didn't get approve today for EAD ☹️ hopefully HOPEFULLY, maybe a chance to get combo card -fingers cross-!

Edited by LemonLemonade

22 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

Did my biometric today, took 5 min. The lady stamped the appointment paper and gave it back to me. Status for the AOS and EAD change to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS", didn't get approve today for EAD ☹️ hopefully HOPEFULLY, maybe a chance to get combo card -fingers cross-!

Hey, did you only recieve 1 letter for your biometrics appointment for both your AOS and EAD? Because I only recieved the AOS biometrics and not the EAD

On the case tracker the AOS reads 'biometrics appointment was scheduled' and the EAD reads 'case was recieved and a receipt notice was sent'

Thank you :)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 9/7/2022 at 9:06 PM, LemonLemonade said:

Congrats! Was our experience as well. Did you get your RFE response in before/after biometrics? I'm awaiting a financial document before sending it out (should've come a week ago, but I digress). Biometrics also is in active review upon leaving, and this morning we got three emails saying action was taken on our case. No update besides the active review from yesterday, so either the notification was delayed or someone indeed picked up our case after leaving. Biometrics were in Alexandria VA (seems to be where DC is routed), but I'm assuming the FO is Fairfax VA. Any way to see this? Alexandria isn't a FO from what I understand and there isn't one in DC.

16 hours ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hey, did you only recieve 1 letter for your biometrics appointment for both your AOS and EAD? Because I only recieved the AOS biometrics and not the EAD

On the case tracker the AOS reads 'biometrics appointment was scheduled' and the EAD reads 'case was recieved and a receipt notice was sent'

Yes, only 1 letter for biometrics! I don't think AP actually requires biometrics because it didn't go into active review after leaving (nor can I really see why AP would require fingerprinting). EAD didn't receive a separate biometrics appointment but went into active review upon leaving the facility along with the AOS. So don't worry - you're all good!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

One biometrics session covers the entire AOS package so you are good.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
17 hours ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Yupp like Slavaskii said only receive 1 letter for biometric but if you look bottom of the first page, I have 2 bar code, one for AOS ioexxx and the other is EAD ioexxx, My biometric was Sept 7, and the case history status for my EAD was like this below. And my AOS it says biometric was schedule: 

image.thumb.png.6386372e96deab8ef45c272bc4b662eb.png

After the biometric, both got updated =D

Timeline
28 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Congrats! Was our experience as well. Did you get your RFE response in before/after biometrics? I'm awaiting a financial document before sending it out (should've come a week ago, but I digress). Biometrics also is in active review upon leaving, and this morning we got three emails saying action was taken on our case. No update besides the active review from yesterday, so either the notification was delayed or someone indeed picked up our case after leaving. Biometrics were in Alexandria VA (seems to be where DC is routed), but I'm assuming the FO is Fairfax VA. Any way to see this? Alexandria isn't a FO from what I understand and there isn't one in DC.

Oh me too lol we delay a bit to get transcript lol it was easier than we thought. 

I also got 3 email too! the AOS dated the date of the biometric, change from case being actively review> then change to the next date >receive the RFE doc 

I really hope getting combo card.. 

PS: sorry I need to figure out how to do the multi quote lol 

status aos.PNG

Edited by LemonLemonade
typo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

Oh me too lol we delay a bit to get transcript lol it was easier than we thought. 

I also got 3 email too! the AOS dated the date of the biometric, change from case being actively review> then change to the next date >receive the RFE doc 

I really hope getting combo card.. 

PS: sorry I need to figure out how to do the multi quote lol 

status aos.PNG

Hey, that looks great! Wow, our timelines are incredibly similar, haha. Hopefully we'll get the combo cards! I heard that the RFEs only delay things towards the end of the process, that is, right before the AOS interview is scheduled, so it should have no bearing on the combo card. Which makes sense, as the I-864 was tied to the I-485 and not the EAD or AP. TLDR, even with RFEs everything remained processing as expected without delay.

Interesting you got three emails and had three updates; we got three emails but only had two updates, that is, active review for both the EAD and AOS. Not sure what the third is from, they all came in at the same time. My only guess is that the AP documents were also picked up? I read that if anyone touches your file in any way, you may get an email from USCIS about action being taken. In any event, this speed is all great news for recent adjustment filers!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Not sure if this would be the same forum for me, seems like most people here are adjusting from K1.

I (beneficiary) have been here in the USA in a work visa (H1B), got married to USC and we filed I-130 online on 8/12/22 and sent in the AOS package (+EAD+AP) via mail on 8/24/22.

Have my biometrics scheduled for 9/21 in Seattle WA and today received a RFE due to missing one document (W-2) on I-864.  I-130 is in Texas and AOS is at NBC

I'm excited that so far it seems like things are moving (someone has to have taken a look at our file to notice docs are missing, right?!) but heard Seattle is currently one of the slowest offices in the country! 

Fingerscrossed and good luck to everyone!

G

AOS timeline

I-130 online: 08/12/2022

AOS package: 08/24/2022

RFE received: 09/09/2022

RFE response: 09/14/2022

Biometrics: 09/21/2022 - Seattle FO

I-765 approved: 01/19/2023

I-131 approved: 01/23/2023

Card printed: 01/24/2023

Timeline
8 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Hey, that looks great! Wow, our timelines are incredibly similar, haha. Hopefully we'll get the combo cards! I heard that the RFEs only delay things towards the end of the process, that is, right before the AOS interview is scheduled, so it should have no bearing on the combo card. Which makes sense, as the I-864 was tied to the I-485 and not the EAD or AP. TLDR, even with RFEs everything remained processing as expected without delay.

Interesting you got three emails and had three updates; we got three emails but only had two updates, that is, active review for both the EAD and AOS. Not sure what the third is from, they all came in at the same time. My only guess is that the AP documents were also picked up? I read that if anyone touches your file in any way, you may get an email from USCIS about action being taken. In any event, this speed is all great news for recent adjustment filers!

It is nice to see the similar timeline XD to compare experience and all! Thank you for the info about RFE! I really hope it won't delay, but the wait is much better now since we are with our love one lol. I don't think I will get combo card before the holidays (too ambitious) to visit the family with husband lol. I really hope we get combo card or speedy GC lol 

Yea the 3 emails were weird, there's no 3 updates until the day after on the website. Back to spamming that refresh button lol for the status 

3 hours ago, GCG said:

Hi everyone!

Not sure if this would be the same forum for me, seems like most people here are adjusting from K1.

I (beneficiary) have been here in the USA in a work visa (H1B), got married to USC and we filed I-130 online on 8/12/22 and sent in the AOS package (+EAD+AP) via mail on 8/24/22.

Have my biometrics scheduled for 9/21 in Seattle WA and today received a RFE due to missing one document (W-2) on I-864.  I-130 is in Texas and AOS is at NBC

I'm excited that so far it seems like things are moving (someone has to have taken a look at our file to notice docs are missing, right?!) but heard Seattle is currently one of the slowest offices in the country! 

Fingerscrossed and good luck to everyone!

G

You never know! Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones :D  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

You never know! Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones :D  

I sent in the RFE documents requested yesterday and hope to have news/updates after my biometrics in 2 weeks!

Seems like some early August filers got their EAD/AP approved right after bios...

I Hope Please GIF

AOS timeline

I-130 online: 08/12/2022

AOS package: 08/24/2022

RFE received: 09/09/2022

RFE response: 09/14/2022

Biometrics: 09/21/2022 - Seattle FO

I-765 approved: 01/19/2023

I-131 approved: 01/23/2023

Card printed: 01/24/2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, GCG said:

I sent in the RFE documents requested yesterday and hope to have news/updates after my biometrics in 2 weeks!

Seems like some early August filers got their EAD/AP approved right after bios...

I Hope Please GIF

XD hope so and I saw a lot that got approve right away were mostly EAD only (I think?) and the one that took longer, MIGHT get combo card? I hope getting combo card for us all lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.