Aily

I hope someone can help me here

17 posts in this topic

Hello can i ask you something ? 
i just  got my nvc this year 2022 and it stated there that ! 

Due to the numerical limitstions on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, the petition is not eligible for further processing at this time …… 

and also my visa class is f24. My mother is the one who petitioned me . How long do will i wait this to proceed the interview ?

Is this normal? How long should I expect to wait for the status to change so I can send pay the fees and submit the documents required? Any help would be appreciated as I'm entirely new to this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Aily said:

Hello can i ask you something ? 
i just  got my nvc this year 2022 and it stated there that ! 

Due to the numerical limitstions on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, the petition is not eligible for further processing at this time …… 

and also my visa class is f24. My mother is the one who petitioned me . How long do will i wait this to proceed the interview ?

Is this normal? How long should I expect to wait for the status to change so I can send pay the fees and submit the documents required? Any help would be appreciated as I'm entirely new to this.

Wait time depends on your home country. Look at the USCIS VISA bulletin. Nothing more to do until you receive notification  that your priority date is now current. Make sure you are familiar with any requirements for remaining eligible .. some categories require that beneficiaries remain single. 

If you’re F24 - you are over 21 son or daughter of a green card holder, correct? When did your mother file the petition (priority date)? That’s the important date. Visas are currently available for most countries, for F2B (F24) for petitions filed before 22 September 2015. (If you are from Mexico or Philippines the wait is much longer.) You need to watch the visa bulletin every month for an idea of when yours will be available: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2022/visa-bulletin-for-august-2022.html 

table A shows when your visa will be available 

table B will give you an idea when you will be asked to pay fees etc (usually 6m-1 year before a visa will be available)

also bear in mind there is a long backlog from covid at some embassies and it can take time to get an interview even once your priority date is current.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1. Which country are you from? 

2. Are you married or single?

3. How old are you?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Thank youu for the reply . 

my priority date is september 11 2020. 
and i just got my nvc number this week 

july 27, 2022. 
and when i log in my case number on website. I got this summary info . (The petition is not eligible for further processing at this time . 

so how long do i take ? To be eligible and pay the fees .??? Pls answer me 

Im from Philippines 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Philippines has a long wait time...12 to 15 years

They currently working on cases filed by October 22, 2011. So if the current speed remains same, you're looking at 9 more years. 2035 is more realistic 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2022/visa-bulletin-for-july-2022.html

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

51 minutes ago, Aily said:

july 27, 2022. 
and when i log in my case number on website. I got this summary info . (The petition is not eligible for further processing at this time . 

Im from Philippines 

I’m not sure you actually read my answer and the link being as you have asked the same questions again. Anyway…
Well, being from Philippines is an issue. If you look at the link I gave you, F2B visas are only available for cases filed before October 2011. In all likelihood you will have more than a decade to wait. Best just to get on with your life now and when it happens eventually, it happens.
you have to remain single as long as your mother is only a LPR, or you lose eligibility. If she becomes a citizen, then you can stay in the green card queue if you get married, but then you change categories and probably add close to another decade on to your wait. 

35 minutes ago, Aily said:

But i already have my nvc

Doesn’t matter. Priority date matters. As you have already been told.

9 hours ago, Aily said:

july 27, 2022. 

Im from Philippines 

9 hours ago, Aily said:

Im still single , and im 21 yrs old now . Im turning 22 this yr. November 13 2022 . 

WAIT 

Sorry, i should have picked this up last night.

Your mom applied when you were under 21? Your birth date is Nov 13 2000? Then you are not F2B. You were filed as F2A because it was before you turned 21, and because the priority date has been current for Philippines ever since she applied and your case has been approved while F2A is still current, you are actually protected under the child status protection act, CSPA, and your age has been frozen under 21. This means you are not F24, you are F22 (or possibly F2x) and actually you are eligible for a visa now. (Excepting wait time for NVC processing and scheduling interview). You need to contact NVC and tell them you are protected under CSPA and they need to move your category back to F2A, and allow you to file documents now (you need to file ds260 within a year of approval to remain protected by CSPA). NVC should be doing this CSPA calculation automatically but we have seen a good number of cases on here where they don’t.

CSPA calculator https://www.***removed***/cspa-calculator/

description of CSPA, the relevant section for you is “CSPA for Family and Employment Preference and Diversity Visa Immigrants”  https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa

Edited by SusieQQQ

9 hours ago, Aily said:

But i already have my nvc

Yes.  And the petition sits there until one of the numerically limited visas is available to you.  Which will be many years from now due to the very long queue of visa applicants ahead of you.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes.  And the petition sits there until one of the numerically limited visas is available to you.  Which will be many years from now due to the very long queue of visa applicants ahead of you.

But actually not, and I should have figured out last night that the poster is protected by CSPA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Paging the mods to possibly delete all the erroneous information/advice. Hopefully the OP comes back to read @SusieQQQ correct answer

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.