Mwamba

Denied entry at SEATAC & B1/B2 Visa Revoked - What Next?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Six posts removed , a few of them for quoting removed posts. It is against the TOS of this site to instruct members to commit immigration fraud. Any further similar response will result in suspension.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Mwamba said:

Technically, she's my wife - only waiting to officialize it! I consider her my wife.

“Technically”? Bro there’s no technically with immigration. It’s either Yes or No. and if she is your wife then you would be charged with fraud for lying and getting married again and doin an AOS. Not trying to be rude but your case is all over the place. I strongly recommend you clear your head completely of everything you think you know and start over. Start by accepting that it’s going to take at least 1.5 - 2 yes for them to come. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/29/2022 at 3:43 AM, Dashinka said:

I was thinking about this as well, but as @SusieQQQ pointed out there is an advantage of remaining an LPR in this situation as the minor children would be derivatives of the F2A instead of requiring separate I130's as an IR1/IR2.

Yes, I'm not gonna apply for citizenship until they are here & they have a green card -then we apply all of us! I can do everything I need to do in USA with green card - except a few things that aint life-mandatory (there's a word like that!)

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, carmel34 said:

One more word of advice after reading all the excellent suggestions posted so far.  Given your circumstances, I strongly suggest that you spend as much time together as possible after you get married and file an I-130 petition for a spousal visa.  Make multiple visits to be together, and document all of those visits (original boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts, a few photos together).  Time spent together, in person, will be a big factor in your favor.  Some financial co-mingling, as much as you can do while living in separate countries, would also be a good idea.  You will have two opportunities to submit evidence that your marriage is bona fide--with the initial I-130 petition, and a year or more later, at the NVC stage.  Good luck!

Very true... but we have so much evidence that we know each other, from way back in years. I met Emily in June 2005!!! And we have been off and on together for so many years. For those who understand tribalism, it was the root cause of us not getting married. My family would not let me marry from her tribe! And I listen to my family - a big life mistake! But here we are again rejoined! Thanks so much for your recommendations!

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, JeanneAdil said:

just marry in Kenya in October

u can't start the spouse visa till u consummate the marriage on that visit so there is no point in trying to hurry-it -up  by doing the Utah zoom

I investigate the Utah option, unfortunately, it won't work for us! However, it's good info. We'll marry in Kenya and consummate the marriage there and then start the process of F2A Visa. The question that I'm still in doubt about is whether I should do the Visa application myself, or hire a lawyer - and where do I hire this lawyer - in USA or in Kenya? I'm strongly inclined to hiring a lawyer. I don't want to give a chance to any single mistake.

Question for you and other members here (please don't tell me to do this myself). Where do I hire the lawyer? Kenya or USA? And please give me a reason(s) why?

Thanks to all of you!

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, EA and MK said:

I don't know who told you this was a good idea, but (not trying to be rude) stop listening to con artists. You only get one chance to establish a trustworthy relationship with the US government. Trying to pull this nonsense will eventually lead to trying to do other crazy things that eventually will get your wife banned permanently. And only cause someone said it was a "good" idea.  There are great tools and resources available on this site to help navigate the petition process. Read and follow that. 

Some scrupulous lawyer told me! I regret listening or not finding out from others. Truly regret it. I spent money, lost time and had the worst experience of my life!!! Anyway, thanks to the many in this site, I now feel confident that I'm on the right track! Thanks again @EA and MK

Timeline
On 7/31/2022 at 7:04 PM, CitizenY said:

Jesus. Can the US government do its best to process Spousal Visa's faster? Why is it considered acceptable to spend 2 years to in order to reunite with your spouse. 

Besides that, I was checking the visa appointments in Kenya, the next open windows are about 1 year away! So even if we start now, my family won't sit infront of a visa officer until after a year, then the 2 years wait... I dont think I'll get them to USA until 2025! Oh my God! But I'll wait. Patience is the Key now!🙏

18 minutes ago, Mwamba said:

I investigate the Utah option, unfortunately, it won't work for us! However, it's good info. We'll marry in Kenya and consummate the marriage there and then start the process of F2A Visa. The question that I'm still in doubt about is whether I should do the Visa application myself, or hire a lawyer - and where do I hire this lawyer - in USA or in Kenya? I'm strongly inclined to hiring a lawyer. I don't want to give a chance to any single mistake.

Question for you and other members here (please don't tell me to do this myself). Where do I hire the lawyer? Kenya or USA? And please give me a reason(s) why?

Thanks to all of you!

Honestly, you don't need a lawyer. I had a lawyer, and they make so many mistakes that add extraordinary levels of stress. Not to mention they take thousands of dollars from you. 

This is how it will go down: you need to pay them and fill out an "intake sheet" with all biographical information about you, your wife, kids, etc. They will then ask you to compile all relevant evidence. They will then literally transcribe the info you provide them to the I-130 and I-130A. That's all they do. Then you will get charged again for them to transcribe that same info to DS-260 and I-864. Now, will it be done right? Not always; they may make typos or miss info and you may not even get a chance to review until after they sent the packet.

If you wanna throw money away try an American lawyer. They will need to fill out G-28 and I don't think they can if they aren't registered with a US State bar. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

Honestly, you don't need a lawyer. I had a lawyer, and they make so many mistakes that add extraordinary levels of stress. Not to mention they take thousands of dollars from you. 

This is how it will go down: you need to pay them and fill out an "intake sheet" with all biographical information about you, your wife, kids, etc. They will then ask you to compile all relevant evidence. They will then literally transcribe the info you provide them to the I-130 and I-130A. That's all they do. Then you will get charged again for them to transcribe that same info to DS-260 and I-864. Now, will it be done right? Not always; they may make typos or miss info and you may not even get a chance to review until after they sent the packet.

If you wanna throw money away try an American lawyer. They will need to fill out G-28 and I don't think they can if they aren't registered with a US State bar. 

Ok. You make lots of sense. I'll do this myself. If in doubt, I'll bring my questions here. I think that is the best way to go. Once again, thank you @EA and MK 🙏

2 hours ago, Mwamba said:

Besides that, I was checking the visa appointments in Kenya, the next open windows are about 1 year away! So even if we start now, my family won't sit infront of a visa officer until after a year, then the 2 years wait... I dont think I'll get them to USA until 2025! Oh my God! But I'll wait. Patience is the Key now!🙏

And THIS is why people try to circumvent the queue by arriving on B visas and trying to adjust.   

i have read the entire thread, and I get that you feel you were misled by a lawyer.   However, we are all responsible for our own processes, and even if you hire a lawyer as your proxy, you are still responsible for knowing and abiding by basic immigration law.  

You’ve learned this the hard way.   Hopefully with due diligence and learning the process for yourself, you can avoid any more huge missteps.

good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked for TOS Violations. The OP has been given ample advice on how to proceed.~~

No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through the Service or to any persons or entities identified via VisaJourney any Content or material containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without the express prior written permission of VisaJourney. Lawyers, law firms, immigration related businesses or their proxies are prohibited from soliciting employment from prospective clients through the Forums or any of its interactive features. In the discussion forums you may discuss or recommend third-party Web sites, goods or services, so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such Web sites, products or services, or the recommendation of such.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.