Katie Lorenzo

lost vaccination records

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

My fiancé no longer has his vaccination records and doesn't have a way to get a copy of his records.  My understanding is that he needs to be fully vaccinated against various diseases (following the list given by USCIS) before his medical appointment.  We submitted our petition September 8, 2021 and don't expect to hear back about it for several months more, but we would like to try to figure out a solution before we have an interview date.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any suggestions of ways to solve this problem?  Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

have him see dr to have blood tests to show what vaccines he has

if not before his medical exam ,  this is what the immigration dr will do and then vaccinate for any that don't show in blood work

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The only vaccination required before traveling to the USA is the Covid-19 vaccination (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html)

You have two options.

Option 1.  Like @JeanneAdil said, visit a doctor and they can run a blood test to see what vaccinations are required for his age.  Get the vaccinations at that time.  They can also possibly be done during the K1 medical exam.

Option 2.  Travel to the US on his K1 visa and have the vaccinations done here by a USCIS Civil Surgeon.  It will be more expensive in the US, most likely.

Edited by ScottLangbehn
clarification

Timeline

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • COVID-19
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

If he can get the vaccines done for free at a clinic, it will save you money.  Even if he already had them, it won’t hurt.  But it depends on if they will do them free of charge (and give documentation).  The doctors charge to do the tests and give the vaccines.

I was in the same situation when we were applying for the K1.  When I went in for my medical, I was offered either a titer or just getting the shots again.  I chose being vaccinated again as it was much faster and cheaper - and I figured it can’t hurt.  Whatever you choose to do - titer or revaxx - make sure that you get documentation for your own records.  For instance, I needed mine again when I enrolled into a graduate program at a university here. 

Good luck, and I hope you find a suitable solution. 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • COVID-19
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

Not for K-1 (except covid perhaps). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
1 hour ago, milimelo said:

Not for K-1 (except covid perhaps). 

When we tried for K1  they made Adil have all of these (pre covid)

and thank God we don't need the pre flight covid test 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For certain as you progress through the system vaccination documentation will become important.   When we did our AOS we received an RFI because of incomplete vaccination documentation.  A tetanus vaccination was not recorded.  This touched off a circus of events that ended with my wife received numerous shots and x-ray based on what  the Civil Surgeon said.  In the end we paid a bunch of money  to correct this mess.    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.