Nenson

URGENT !!!!!! Please help !!!

30 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently went to my citizenship that I have been waiting on for so long, everything went smooth till the IO asked if I owed any taxes, then I remembered that I owed state taxes. I literally forgot that I owed the state taxes for the year 2021, I have never had unpaid taxes. For some reasons I forgot to pay this time. My interview was on July 6th in NYC. They sent me a RFE 2 hours after I left. the RFE is stated this :

- A signed agreement from the IRS, state, or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax

return and arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and

- Documentation from the IRS, state, or local tax office showing the current status of your

repayment program.

Now my question is : How can I obtain these documents? 

Question 2 : Can I reply to this RFE online ??? On my USCIS account?

On the letter it only gave one option which is to send these documents by mail.

PLEASE IF ANYONE OF YOU ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE !!!

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

1. Did you file your 2021 state taxes?

2. You need to respond the way the RFE said to respond. 

Yes, I did. I don’t owe federal but the state I do. I completely forgot. 
That’s what I thought too, but because online when I opened the RFE document it gave me an option to “respond to the RFE

and attach documents.

On the letter it only gave the option to mail them to the office where I did the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The letters said "mail." Follow those instructions. Never try and cut shortcuts with USCIS 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nenson said:

So either you pay in full or make a payment plan with the state. Then provide that document in your RFE response.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nenson said:

That’s what I thought too, but because online when I opened the RFE document it gave me an option to “respond to the RFE

and attach documents.

On the letter it only gave the option to mail them to the office where I did the interview.

So when you filed your 2021 state taxes and the tax return you filed said you owed money, did you pay it?

If you didn’t pay it, then what arrangement did you make with the state to pay what you owe?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually for this RFE,  you will need to send a copy of your state taxes (not ordinarily needed for immigration purposes)  since u said u owe taxes

the tax forms are needed to show the amount owed

then make an agreement with NY state tax department in Auburn to pay or to set a payment plan/ surprised u didn't get a letter from them to state what is needed when u sent your NY state taxe forms in

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/pay-bill.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Everything is provided in the RFE.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

5 hours ago, arken said:

So either you pay in full or make a payment plan with the state. Then provide that document in your RFE response.

Thanks!!! But I figured that part already.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

So when you filed your 2021 state taxes and the tax return you filed said you owed money, did you pay it?

If you didn’t pay it, then what arrangement did you make with the state to pay what you owe?

It said that I owed money to the state, I recently made an arrangement to pay it in installments. 
I just want to know how to obtain those documents that I stated above.

The department of taxation is so hard to reach on the phone.

40 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Everything is provided in the RFE.

Thanks!!! But everything is not provided in the RFE. They didn’t say how you can obtain the requested documents.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nenson said:

Thanks!!! But I figured that part already.

So what's the question. You get that and submit.

Spouse:

Myself:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nenson said:

I recently made an arrangement to pay it in installments.

How can you make an arrangement to pay in installments without any paperwork/document. All uscis needs is that document.

Spouse:

Myself:

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Actually for this RFE,  you will need to send a copy of your state taxes (not ordinarily needed for immigration purposes)  since u said u owe taxes

the tax forms are needed to show the amount owed

then make an agreement with NY state tax department in Auburn to pay or to set a payment plan/ surprised u didn't get a letter from them to state what is needed when u sent your NY state taxe forms in

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/pay-bill.htm

Thanks for the reply!

When I did my taxes it showed that I owed the state of NY, they never sent me a bill. Right now I’m on a payment plan with them. 
I just wanna know how to obtain the requested documents. If they downloadable on the website: tax.ny.gov or they have to be mailed to my address.

I been trying since my interview to reach out the department of taxation but I couldn’t.

7 minutes ago, arken said:

How can you make an arrangement to pay in installments without any paperwork/document. All uscis needs is that document.

I didn’t get any document, I don’t know if it’s on the way to be mailed out. I called these people a lot of times and after wait time of 40-50 minutes I speak to someone who doesn’t know what I’m talking abt.

I thought that someone on VISAJOURNEY had this kind of problem to guide me through it. Because I want to respond only with the requested documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.