Alex&Nayden

What does it *actually* mean?

25 posts in this topic

Timeline

Does anyone know what “USCIS is actively reviewing your case” actually mean? 

I’m just curious because some people are still waiting MONTHS even after an “active review.” 🤷🏻‍♀️

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
Just now, powerpuff said:

~~ Topic moved from CR1/IR1 Process to Progress Reports ~~

It means it’s sitting there in a pile of other applications waiting for someone to get to it and look at it and either issue RFE/deny/approve it

Hahah well I thought that’s what it meant without the AR anyway 🤣

USCIS 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

04/27/2023 - Medical

USA

17 minutes ago, Alex&Nayden said:

Hahah well I thought that’s what it meant without the AR anyway 🤣

And as a “fun” fact, it takes only minutes to adjudicate applications.

As an example, “According to USCIS, it takes

97.8 minutes to adjudicate an I‑485. It takes 15 minutes to process an advance parole document and 12 minutes to adjudicate an EAD”. 

Processing times for EAD is 8-13 months, AP is 9-15 months and in some cases it takes up to 2 years for I-485. So there’s that 

source: https://www.cato.org/blog/eight-ideas-speed-green-card-processing

Edited by powerpuff

1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

According to USCIS, it takes

97.8 minutes to adjudicate an I‑485. It takes 15 minutes to process an advance parole document and 12 minutes to adjudicate an EAD”. 

Well, this is one of the more frustrating things I’ve read recently. 

Mine has been in “actively review” for 277 Days now. But I believe my approval is coming next month or at the latest by august because I will be at 300 days since NOA1 tomorrow and im at the CSC and am at 10 months now. So hopefully soon

1 hour ago, AW1704 said:

Well, this is one of the more frustrating things I’ve read recently. 

Well it in regards to the i-485, it also says that they get about 600,000 applications per year. Which means they get around 111 applications per day, and each staff member can only process about 30 in an 8 hour shift.

6 hours ago, Alex&Nayden said:

Does anyone know what “USCIS is actively reviewing your case” actually mean? 

I’m just curious because some people are still waiting MONTHS even after an “active review.” 🤷🏻‍♀️

It means they've taken some type of action on your case... 

I think for us it meant they moved the case from Nebraska to Vermont... 

But, could mean they cashed your check. They opened an envelope.. they assigned the case to a worker. 

You should pay no attention to the first active review. Generally the second active review means your case was approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Mine has been in “actively review” for 277 Days now. But I believe my approval is coming next month or at the latest by august because I will be at 300 days since NOA1 tomorrow and im at the CSC and am at 10 months now. So hopefully soon

I'm with you. I'm thinking that we will be approved next month. Staying very optimistic! Been looking at hotels in Vegas for September lol 😂 Planning keeps things alive for me. It's gonna happen soon. Keep your head up! 

7 hours ago, kurumu said:

Well it in regards to the i-485, it also says that they get about 600,000 applications per year. Which means they get around 111 applications per day, and each staff member can only process about 30 in an 8 hour shift.

Yes, sure, they do indeed get a lot of applications. And I don’t doubt that those tasked with reviewing them work very hard.

However the fact that people are stuck living half-lives not being able to work and travel because not enough resources are dedicated to a form which takes 12-15 minutes to look at is, imho, incredibly frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

Yes, sure, they do indeed get a lot of applications. And I don’t doubt that those tasked with reviewing them work very hard.

However the fact that people are stuck living half-lives not being able to work and travel because not enough resources are dedicated to a form which takes 12-15 minutes to look at is, imho, incredibly frustrating. 

If they dedicate more resources they will have to raise the fees. USCIS is fee funded.

11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

If they dedicate more resources they will have to raise the fees. USCIS is fee funded.

Yes that is a possibility. Honestly I still don’t understand why they don’t just stamp and EAD/AP into your passport at the border. It could (say) only be valid, for a K-1, with a valid marriage certificate from within 90 days of entry, as well as an I-797 for I-485 submission.

Idk, not my particular fight any more. Just a lot of sympathy and solidarity with those who are still stuck in that part of the system, with a particular s/o to those who are in month 9/10 of waiting while others get their documents in 4/5 weeks ✌️

Timeline
14 hours ago, Misscloud said:

Yeah mine has been “actively reviewing “ for 19 months LOL. That status happened because they “cashed out” my check. The end 😓

Wow! That's insane! Are you (or your spouse) an LPR or Citizen?

USCIS 

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

04/27/2023 - Medical

USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.