164 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Simplytex said:

The anecdotal evidence so far seems to imply that people filing online get the AR status pretty quickly if not right away. I don't think it changes our place in the queue, though it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes.

I wonder from a process/business management perspective... It might be that, if they are trying to move everyone to electronic forms, people filing on paper take a little longer as they might have an extra step to scan/upload?

If I may add, if USCIS is attempting to clear any such backlog, I'll make the point that online filing speeds up the process incrementally and administratively. Think of it like this, it saves them time from receiving mailed in packages, to being assigned to an officer, reviewing, entering your info/form in the system, scanning documents, waiting on the cheque to clear, filing it in a cabinet, printing a copy to send to a service center...etc...I am just guessing what goes on in the background. I'll assume again that when it's filed online, all of that is already done and should only take a few days to verify the authenticity of relevant documents before it's electronically tagged, approved/denied and forwarded to another location.  I don't think I should have to wait in long queue if I'm assisting you digitally in clearing the backlog. Moreover, of course most attorneys wont encourage online filing for whatever reason/s.

Edited by hdolce419

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, hdolce419 said:

Think of it like this, it saves them time from receiving mailed in packages, to being assigned to an officer, reviewing, entering your info/form in the system, scanning documents, waiting on the cheque to clear, filing it in a cabinet, printing a copy to send to a service center...etc...I am just guessing what goes on in the background.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Anyone who has worked in any sort of large office, knows the amount of time wasted just printing, scanning, filing, etc that can add up really quickly. I'm all for online forms and modernization, I've dealt with a few other countries with similar and it's generally felt much more efficient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kriselle said:

When you guys think we get a good news? 

I am hoping and praying that with Covid getting under control and Biden set on improving USCIS's processing time, we can be on our way to the USA within a year's time.  

Timeline

Well, I just checked with an online agent, my case is at Vermont SC... Not sure if thats a good thing or not - on VJ timelines, they used to be one of the faster SC's, but not on the official website they are the slowest. I did file I-129F so hoping that gives me the extra boost to process early. But, still very early days and I shouldn't even be thinking about it for the next few months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

we filed online on the 4/27 (i didn't find an April group, sorry :) but it's almost May)

We got the email confirmation right after we filled out everything (it was already in Actively review) and it said Texas Service Center. A few days later we also got the NOA in mail from Texas Service Center. But i was still curious and asked a few days later the live agent and it seemed like they transferred our case pretty fast to Nebraska Service Center right after we filed.

We also sent in the K3 application and got a confirmation for case was received from Nebraska Service Center.

I just really hope they don't move our case anywhere else as of right now because I'm reading good stuff about Nebraska lately.

Hello,

We filed on May 27th, and received AR status few hours after so i think it is by default too :) Potomac service center. And interview will be in Montreal.

We decided to not do K3 as we dont saw evidence its moving anything faster and dont want to risk to be transfered to California. I guess an opinion to reconsider in few months if we dont move at all. Will be great to see the difference between us and the K3 filers :)

Good luck to everyone and hopefully they hire more people to clear all the covid backlog !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, flodu13a said:

Hello,

We filed on May 27th, and received AR status few hours after so i think it is by default too :) Potomac service center. And interview will be in Montreal.

We decided to not do K3 as we dont saw evidence its moving anything faster and dont want to risk to be transfered to California. I guess an opinion to reconsider in few months if we dont move at all. Will be great to see the difference between us and the K3 filers :)

Good luck to everyone and hopefully they hire more people to clear all the covid backlog !

What's the word for K3?  I thought nobody was going that route anymore but I am hearing buzz about it now?  

On 6/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, flodu13a said:

Hello,

my case is also supposed to go to Canada ( Toronto) after i130 approved. Heard from a lawyer that there is a backlog in US embassies in Canada, they specifically mentioned Montreal.

I hope everything go smooth and straightforward.

Timeline
On 6/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, flodu13a said:

Hello,

So, my case I130 was transferred to Vermont SC and the I129F receipt was also postmarked from Vermont... Just hoping that center is still processing fast but their date online isn't great ... Hard to tell.

6 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

What's the word for K3?  I thought nobody was going that route anymore but I am hearing buzz about it now?  

The K3 is just a little bit of Internet rumor that by filling in the I129F, you might get lucky and be processed in 2-4 months. Seems to "work" for some people, and not for others, it's free so besides a couple hours of my time filling it out, I decided to do it. 

I'm not expecting that a k3 visa would be issued, since basically none get issued anymore, I'm just hoping for a faster processing time.

4 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

my case is also supposed to go to Canada ( Toronto) after i130 approved. Heard from a lawyer that there is a backlog in US embassies in Canada, they specifically mentioned Montreal.

Your case will go to Montreal, not Toronto.  Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that processes immigrant visa applications, including CR1/IR1 visas.  Montreal has cleared their backlog for CR1/IR1, so the recent wait time for IL after DQ is short, maybe just 1 month or so.

12 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Your case will go to Montreal, not Toronto.  Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that processes immigrant visa applications, including CR1/IR1 visas.  Montreal has cleared their backlog for CR1/IR1, so the recent wait time for IL after DQ is short, maybe just 1 month or so.

ohh.. didn't know that.

I though Toronto process that.

but based on your comment, one month is very good time frame though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.