164 posts in this topic

I don't think a thread for the May 2022 I-130 filers has been started so I wanted to take the initiative and be able to talk to people in the same boat as me! :)  Feel free to remove if there is already a thread for this! 

My current timeline:

Date Filed: May 9th, 2022

NOA1: May 13th, 2022

Good luck to all of you :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, thinpea said:

Good luck! I'm also from Canada moving to New York!

Oh cool!  My husband is in upstate New York though lol.  Although after living in Toronto, I had enough of large cities.  

Just go the NOA and our case has been assigned to Texas processing centre.  

21 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

Oh cool!  My husband is in upstate New York though lol.  Although after living in Toronto, I had enough of large cities.  

Just go the NOA and our case has been assigned to Texas processing centre.  

Yeah I get that! I’ll be on Long Island :) 

I only got the text so far, am able to figure out which service centre by the text? Or do I have to wait for the mail?

Edited by thinpea

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, thinpea said:

Yeah I get that! I’ll be on Long Island :) 

I only got the text so far, am able to figure out which service centre by the text? Or do I have to wait for the mail?

What are the first three letters of your case number?  https://cilawgroup.com/news/2015/06/04/uscis-receipt-numbers-explained-lin-src-eac-wac-ioe/

50 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

mine start with IOE , and it means that USCIS is processing the application online. Now the question is that when I Check Case Processing Times in USCIS , there is no such option in drop down menu to check the processing time.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

1 hour ago, thinpea said:

"IOE" so I'm assuming I won't know until I get the hardcopy in the mail 😕

2 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

mine start with IOE , and it means that USCIS is processing the application online. Now the question is that when I Check Case Processing Times in USCIS , there is no such option in drop down menu to check the processing time.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

OK guys, I just realized if you take a look at the bottom-left corner of you receipt , I797C, you will see the Field Office Center is mentioned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone i previously posted my SC was Texas because that was what was on the bottom of my receipt notice.. but i just got off the phone with a live agent and he said my SC is actually California! Which im happy about because the processing time is shorter for USC filing I-130 then Texas! So i recommend you guys to call and verify your service centers!

49 minutes ago, KN and GN said:

Hey Everyone i previously posted my SC was Texas because that was what was on the bottom of my receipt notice.. but i just got off the phone with a live agent and he said my SC is actually California! Which im happy about because the processing time is shorter for USC filing I-130 then Texas! So i recommend you guys to call and verify your service centers!

That was weird .

did they say why it is so?

But glad you are moved to a better SC.

12 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

OK guys, I just realized if you take a look at the bottom-left corner of you receipt , I797C, you will see the Field Office Center is mentioned.

Yeah, it should be on the actual paper version of your NOA. We just haven't received it in the mail yet. How long did it take for yours to arrive?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.