164 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, newyork1234 said:

I wish they did not move it though, since Nebraska has less processing time than California.

Yes I understand completely. But look at the positive side atleast it wasn't moved to Vermont. Positive thoughts. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

That is not true~ 

But, there are some issues with online filing. Especially if there are multiple marriages (form will sometimes say the current marriage has ended).

Also, the part of the application about prior entries to the US is different. 

Paper filing is clear you only have to disclose visa/type of entry if currently in the US. But, online version sometimes forces you to disclose your last entry. 

Some worry that might compromise their case as USCIS might believe the beneficiary is still in the US. 

That part was so weird and confusing!  My husband couldn't frigging agree what to put there when we were filling out the form.  I hope I filled it right! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

I wish they did not move it though, since Nebraska has less processing time than California.

You know, those are current processing times.  As they keep shifting people around, they may change.  I would figure that if they were to move bunch of people to Nebraska, their processing time would change?  

Timeline

Excuse my ignorance (still trying to understand the process), those metrics apply just for your case to be send to NVC, correct?  

Is there any metrics as to how long the case stays in NVC and then how long the embassy part lasts?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, MRJ9987 said:

Did anyone check your case status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Mine is saying 'actively reviewing your case' since May 15.  Should I look too much into this?  Sounds promising 🙂 

Mine says the same since May 17th. People have told me since i just submitted dont look into it too much, it could still be months and months before anything else 🙄

Timeline
52 minutes ago, KN and GN said:

Mine says the same since May 17th. People have told me since i just submitted dont look into it too much, it could still be months and months before anything else 🙄

I was hoping it meant something because some people wait for months for their status to be actively reviewed.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi guys. We filed online on May 19 and got a receipt within hours. Submitted alot of evidence. I'm very nervous. My spouse also spoke to USCIS regarding expedited service and was told that they would call her within 5-7 days. Today is day 2 of the wait. My NO1 says Texas.

Edited by hdolce419

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So, I might be one the last to the May party, but I'll chip in that we (well, really I) just filed online a few minutes ago.

Interestingly, literally right as we've filed, it took me to the case page, and it says not only "We received your form..etc" but also "Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" - kinda strange that it went to AR right away?

Timeline
On 5/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, hdolce419 said:

Hi guys. We filed online on May 19 and got a receipt within hours. Submitted alot of evidence. I'm very nervous. My spouse also spoke to USCIS regarding expedited service and was told that they would call her within 5-7 days. Today is day 2 of the wait. My NO1 says Texas.

Are you nervous because of any particular reason or just anxiety in general?  

Timeline
On 5/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, Simplytex said:

So, I might be one the last to the May party, but I'll chip in that we (well, really I) just filed online a few minutes ago.

Interestingly, literally right as we've filed, it took me to the case page, and it says not only "We received your form..etc" but also "Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" - kinda strange that it went to AR right away?

Hmm, we are all being put into actively reviewed right away?  Maybe it just jumps to that status by default now?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
6 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

Are you nervous because of any particular reason or just anxiety in general?  

Maybe I used the wrong word. The waiting that I've read throughout these forums and online have me anxious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

Hmm, we are all being put into actively reviewed right away?  Maybe it just jumps to that status by default now?  

The anecdotal evidence so far seems to imply that people filing online get the AR status pretty quickly if not right away. I don't think it changes our place in the queue, though it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes.

I wonder from a process/business management perspective... It might be that, if they are trying to move everyone to electronic forms, people filing on paper take a little longer as they might have an extra step to scan/upload?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.