164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, thinpea said:

Was it 5 business days from when you got the text?!

I did NOT apply online.

I did it in traditional way. Actually, my lawyer said we do not file it online since USCIS has a record of missing many cases who applied online (not sure if this is an accurate comment or not). So I mailed the docs and got the receipt in 5 business day after USCIS received the docs.

3 minutes ago, newyork1234 said:

I did NOT apply online.

I did it in traditional way. Actually, my lawyer said we do not file it online since USCIS has a record of missing many cases who applied online (not sure if this is an accurate comment or not). So I mailed the docs and got the receipt in 5 business day after USCIS received the docs.

That is not true~ 

But, there are some issues with online filing. Especially if there are multiple marriages (form will sometimes say the current marriage has ended).

Also, the part of the application about prior entries to the US is different. 

Paper filing is clear you only have to disclose visa/type of entry if currently in the US. But, online version sometimes forces you to disclose your last entry. 

Some worry that might compromise their case as USCIS might believe the beneficiary is still in the US. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, newyork1234 said:

That was weird .

did they say why it is so?

But glad you are moved to a better SC.

I’ve definitely seen other people on here say the same thing but it is weird for sure. And honestly I didnt ask.

2 hours ago, KN and GN said:

Hey Everyone i previously posted my SC was Texas because that was what was on the bottom of my receipt notice.. but i just got off the phone with a live agent and he said my SC is actually California! Which im happy about because the processing time is shorter for USC filing I-130 then Texas! So i recommend you guys to call and verify your service centers!

what number did you call to?

I called uscis and it was dealing with answering machine only.

1 hour ago, newyork1234 said:

That was weird .

did they say why it is so?

But glad you are moved to a better SC.

If you look at previous months you'll see the majority of people are moved. 

Last year, a lot of us online filers were first assigned to Nebraska only to discover 3-4 months down the line we are moved to another SC. 

My advice is to ignore the initial location on your NOA1. Check with ask Emma either 1.) after 4 months (so in September 2022) or 2.)after you go into Active Review.

Some say Active Review is an indication your case has been transferred to another SC or assigned to an officer.  

13 minutes ago, newyork1234 said:

I did NOT apply online.

I did not file online either however we included form G-1145 to receive updates by text/email! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, newyork1234 said:

what number did you call to?

I called uscis and it was dealing with answering machine only.

Its that 800-375-5283 number. When asked what i needed help with i just said “Infopass” and it will put you on hold to connect to a live agent.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

If you look at previous months you'll see the majority of people are moved. 

Last year, a lot of us online filers were first assigned to Nebraska only to discover 3-4 months down the line we are moved to another SC. 

My advice is to ignore the initial location on your NOA1. Check with ask Emma either 1.) after 4 months (so in September 2022) or 2.)after you go into Active Review.

Some say Active Review is an indication your case has been transferred to another SC or assigned to an officer.  

Hmmm i should of asked more questions on the phone I was just dealing with my toddler and couldnt talk any longer. My case went into actively reviewing yesterday. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, newyork1234 said:

Just contacted USCIS and they said my case is moved from Nebraska to California center.

so, it means do not rely on your receipt i-797C .

I figured. USCIS is something else! But i am glad you got through to someone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.