sl1020097

VISA Interview approaching (Belize)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello visajourney community!  My fiance is located in Belize and I in the United States.  He has been an integral part of developing my small business so we decided to approach his visa as a B1/B2 tourism/business purpose.  We completed the DS-160 form, paid the fee for the visa appointment, and now his appointment is coming up in a couple of weeks.  I am curious if anybody has experience they can share with what he needs to be fully prepared for his appointment as well as what the next steps might be.  I greatly appreciate any insight anybody has on the process as a whole.  I am anxious to get him to the United States so I can share aspects of my country with him the way he has his with me.  I also have outlined benefits for the small business for him to visit the US.  Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing anything you all have to share!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
12 minutes ago, angelfish2510 said:

what he needs to be fully prepared for his appointment

He, of course, needs to tell the truth about who owns the business that he is going to "work" for. Not being mean, but his chances of denial are big. He has a fiance in the US. Probably the officer will want to know why, of all people in the US, he has to come from Belize to help with your small business. Just my two cents. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I apologize if my post was too vague.  The purpose of his travel as it relates to the business is outlined very clearly in multiple forms of documentation.  Support I am looking for in this forum is what can he expect and what documents, etc. would be helpful to be prepared with at this stage.  For the purpose of this post let's please take the fiance factor out of the equation as it is not relevant to the reasons for this specific trip.

29 minutes ago, angelfish2510 said:

For the purpose of this post let's please take the fiance factor out of the equation as it is not relevant to the reasons for this specific trip.

It may not seem relevant to you, but it is relevant to the consulate.  The DS-160 lists "fiance(e)" as an immediate relative in the family information section.  Your fiance should have listed your name in his DS-160 form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
34 minutes ago, angelfish2510 said:

can he expect

He can expect the exact same line of questioning that I just proposed. Most likely they’ll ask him if he has any relatives/ acquaintances in the US, and he’ll say yes, my fiancé is there. He will also need to bring documentation that proves strong ties to his home country, which contradicts the fact that he’s got a fiancé there. They assume immigrant intent. Such documentation includes : leases, employment verification letters, etc. The latter contradicts the purpose of his trip

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

3 hours ago, sl1020097 said:

let's please take the fiance factor out of the equation as it is not relevant to the reasons for this specific trip.

It’s relevant to the consular official determining whether or not that means he can overcome the assumption of immigrant intent that is, by law, applied to all non immigrant visa applications.

6 hours ago, sl1020097 said:

For the purpose of this post let's please take the fiance factor out of the equation as it is not relevant to the reasons for this specific trip.

I promise it will be relevant to the consular officer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A B-1 visa is not for working in the US for a US company (your business), which is what you described.  It is intended for a temporary stay, to visit clients,  negotiate a contract, participate in short-term training or to attend a conference.

Here is the relevant information from USCIS, which he should be familiar with prior to the interview:

B-1 Temporary Business Visitor

You may be eligible for a B-1 visa if you will be participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States, including, but not limited to:

• Consulting with business associates
  • Traveling for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates
  • Settling an estate
  • Negotiating a contract
  • Participating in short-term training
  • Transiting through the United States: certain persons may transit the United States with a B-1 visa
  • Deadheading: certain air crewmen may enter the United States as deadhead crew with a B-1 visa

Eligibility Criteria

You must demonstrate the following in order to be eligible for a B-1 visa:

• The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States for business of a legitimate nature
  • You plan to remain for a specific limited period of time
  • You have sufficient funds to cover the expenses of the trip and your stay in the United States
  • You have a residence outside the United States that you have no intention of abandoning, as well as other binding ties that will ensure your return abroad at the end of the visit
  • You are otherwise admissible to the United States

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your flag chows Czech, is that wrong?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

35 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Your flag chows Czech, is that wrong?

OP says their partner lives in Belize. Not that they are from Belize~ 

They changed their filed for from EB-2 to Other. 

Might be another issue if the partner is interviewing as a third national in Belize... 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was thinking VWP

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

As others have already mentioned, I think your understanding of the business visa is different from the intent of what the person is doing...

That is, on B1/B2 you can't work at a businss. but then you mention that you also intend to share the aspects of the country with him... so tourism?

could you clarify what your intent is for the fiancee once they arrive in the US? I thjnk that would help the forum help you better

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.