Celie

Processing Updates (I-751) for SRC (Texas Service Center)

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, 751scraperupdate said:

Hi folks,

2021 SRC filer here. It's apparent that the "average processing time over the last six months" metric USCIS shares is a lagging indicator. So I built a (crude) web scraper to figure out where the SRC is at with 751 case. My scraper is still, well, scraping ... so this data isn't complete yet. But I thought I'd share what I found so far in case this allays anyone's anxiety like it did mine. So here are some very broad early findings:

1. The latest approvals I've seen are in the SRC2190240XXX to SRC2190243XXX range. These would be in the late May range, and were approved in the last couple of days. So it seems like there's a 13 month processing time currently

2. RFEs seems to run a little ahead (like a couple months or so) ahead of case approvals. I'd guess their process includes a preliminary review before a decision

3. Case activity seems to happen over a very broad time range. So I wouldn't worry about being an April or May filer and not having received an update. The case data suggests USCIS does go in order, but like a Zamboni with holes that leave patchy ice

Happy to take suggestions for what I should look into next. But please note that I am NOT a software engineer/BI analyst/anyone who does this professionally ... haha. I built this because of sheer annoyance with the case tracking apps I've used so if anyone has one that works well I would happily use that !!

Thanks! That’s some very handy info, we are June 11th, 2021 filer. Absolutely no change on the website for us. Just stayed at “case was received”. But honestly it don’t surprise me. We’re dealing with USCIS lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Filed in July 2021. Been a year heard nothing other than bio waived.

I did see on the website I can file an enquiry August 1st. Has anyone done this before?

5 hours ago, Reed1812 said:

Filed in July 2021. Been a year heard nothing other than bio waived.

I did see on the website I can file an enquiry August 1st. Has anyone done this before?

They usually give you a generic and canned reply, but it's a good thing to submit anyways.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 6/29/2022 at 6:44 PM, 751scraperupdate said:

Hi folks,

2021 SRC filer here. It's apparent that the "average processing time over the last six months" metric USCIS shares is a lagging indicator. So I built a (crude) web scraper to figure out where the SRC is at with 751 case. My scraper is still, well, scraping ... so this data isn't complete yet. But I thought I'd share what I found so far in case this allays anyone's anxiety like it did mine. So here are some very broad early findings:

1. The latest approvals I've seen are in the SRC2190240XXX to SRC2190243XXX range. These would be in the late May range, and were approved in the last couple of days. So it seems like there's a 13 month processing time currently

2. RFEs seems to run a little ahead (like a couple months or so) ahead of case approvals. I'd guess their process includes a preliminary review before a decision

3. Case activity seems to happen over a very broad time range. So I wouldn't worry about being an April or May filer and not having received an update. The case data suggests USCIS does go in order, but like a Zamboni with holes that leave patchy ice

Happy to take suggestions for what I should look into next. But please note that I am NOT a software engineer/BI analyst/anyone who does this professionally ... haha. I built this because of sheer annoyance with the case tracking apps I've used so if anyone has one that works well I would happily use that !!

Hello,

I'm also into programming and coding, so I want to do the same to NBC Service Center.

I would like to ask how do you get those information?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Howdy. June 2022 I-751 filer here. I looked around at May 2022 I-751 filer and beyond a bit, it seems to take about a little over a year processing (13 months) in general. I did notice the shorter trend of getting biometric info about a month mark, used to be longer than 2021's filer. But I can be wrong and everyone's filing would be different.

I do too see the 11 month avg processing time, but that's for 80%. I don't know what the trend in the future, but I'm feeling it's going to be about the same unless someone change the role/process and such then it can become a mess if things get misplaced.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

On 7/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, zDarkAngelz said:

Hello,

I'm also into programming and coding, so I want to do the same to NBC Service Center.

Hi- build a scraper to automate API calls to the USCIS website. Best of luck

13 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

I do too see the 11 month avg processing time, but that's for 80%. I don't know what the trend in the future, but I'm feeling it's going to be about the same unless someone change the role/process and such then it can become a mess if things get misplaced.

How the case processing time is calculated:

For all cases processed during the last 6 months:

Calculate the time to adjudicate

Line up the cases by processing time

Report the processing time of the case that's 4/5ths of the way down the line

Somewhat unintuitively, the fewer cases USCIS processes, the longer it takes for us to know about it (because it takes new case data to shift the bell curve, and for pre-existing data to age out). That's why the processing time of 11 months doesn't match anecdotal data.

Here's a simplistic example: USCIS processes cases at the 4 month mark at a clip of 1,000 per month, and has done so for the last year. The case processing time reported this month is 4 months.

Now, they've completed stopped processing cases(*, see footnote). A month from now, the cycle time is still ... 4 months (since the 80th percentile hasn't changed).

At this point, they start processing cases again, but only cases that are at the 6 month mark, and only 100 cases per month.

Cycle time for two months from now is still ... 4 months. Here's how that works. The data over the last 6 months:

- 4,000 cases for months 1-4

- 0 cases for month 5

- 100 cases for month 6

Three months from now:

- 3,000 cases for months 1-3

- 0 cases for month 4

- 200 cases for months 5 and 6

The 80th percentile is still the 3200 x 0.8 = 2560th case in order of processing time. Since there are 3,000 cases with 4 month processing times, the 80th percentile is still 4 months.

Five months from now:

- 1,000 cases for month 1

- 0 cases for month 2

- 300 cases for months 3-6

The 80th percentile is 1,300 x 0.8 = 1,040. The 1,040th case has a processing time at the six month mark. So it's only at five months from the slowdown that the metric begins to reflect this new reality. It's a lagging indicator.

* Footnote:

I would venture to guess something akin to what abqguardian (who works 751s at the SRC, apparently) described (see image) happened with 751s, where the case team shifted to work another case. That's why we saw the case processing time move from 4-7 months to 10-12 since summer of 21.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good morning peeps! August 2021 filer. Got a request for biometrics in May and had them done on the 8th of June. It's been crickets. I've already filed an n400 as well this month. Any updates to anyone else?

On 8/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, newlifeofabc said:

SRC August 2021 Filer here. Not sure if this is encouraging for everyone still waiting. My case finally got transferred to another office. It’s not approved yet but at least they worked on my case. 
Good luck everyone!

Great news! Were your biometrics reused?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, zDarkAngelz said:

Hello,

you submit the case number into this page and it will return the result. you can do it for multiple cases then run a statistics against it

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do;jsessionid=33F47F8CFCC2BEFD4BF715E1880C3B46

Filed: Other Timeline
On 8/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, newlifeofabc said:

SRC August 2021 Filer here. Not sure if this is encouraging for everyone still waiting. My case finally got transferred to another office. It’s not approved yet but at least they worked on my case. 
Good luck everyone!

My husband's was too just last week. I think it has to do with it merging with the N-400. I'm not sure if you had filed for citizenship yet, but that might be the case.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 7:20 PM, celie&joseph said:

My husband's was too just last week. I think it has to do with it merging with the N-400. I'm not sure if you had filed for citizenship yet, but that might be the case.

When did he file for the i751 and the N400 and when did he get the update about moving of case file?

I'm a Nov 2011 filler and I'm contemplating whether to go ahead and file N400 or wait on i751 approval. What's your opinion?

Filed a service request. Here is my response thay I got....

I am a July 21 filer. Still married, nothing unusual with our case. Should I be worried about the additional review? 

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review, and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.