JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Radiokidd said:

We did the DS-160 and are trying to pay the fees and submit documents. However it’s asking for an invoice ID and I haven’t received that in the email.

That is not the process for K1.  K1 do not need invoice ID because there's no need to login to the CEAC portal and no need to submit documents via CEAC.  Payment of MRV fee for K1 should be done following the instructions from the interviewing consulate, possibly posted on the USTravelDocs portal.  Required documents should be submitted directly to the consulate, typically on the day of the visa interview.

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

That is not the process for K1.  K1 do not need invoice ID because there's no need to login to the CEAC portal and no need to submit documents via CEAC.  Payment of MRV fee for K1 should be done following the instructions from the interviewing consulate, possibly posted on the USTravelDocs portal.  Required documents should be submitted directly to the consulate, typically on the day of the visa interview.

Okay thank you for that information. My last questions are after signing up to the usdoc site, do we have to wait until the application is Ready to pay the fees? And will I have to send the documents electronically or send them with my fiancé?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Email received yesterday too!

NOA2 May 27, 2022

Email received, In transit :  July 19, 2022

53 days 🥵

image.png.6a3961a2cb65afe6d2349182a88bac26.png

Does it mean it has already left for my embassy (Paris), or it will be shipped next week?

11 hours ago, Radiokidd said:

do we have to wait until the application is Ready to pay the fees? And will I have to send the documents electronically or send them with my fiancé?

When to pay the MRV fee will depend on the instructions from the consulate.  Your fiance will need to bring the documents to the visa interview.

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

When to pay the MRV fee will depend on the instructions from the consulate.  Your fiance will need to bring the documents to the visa interview.

Thank you Chancy! I wonder does that include  sending the Affidavit of Support  by mail to my fiancé to take to the interview  because on the Dominican Website, it only shows the fee for $235. It doesn’t have a fee for the Affidavit. I just want to make sure I’m doing it the right way 

1 minute ago, Radiokidd said:

I wonder does that include  sending the Affidavit of Support  by mail to my fiancé to take to the interview  because on the Dominican Website, it only shows the fee for $235. It doesn’t have a fee for the Affidavit.

No fee for I-134 Affidavit of Support for K1.  Only immigrant visa cases like CR1 have AoS fee to be paid via CEAC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I sent in an expedite request with my receipt number from USCIS and NVC had me send in my NOA2 dated 5/16/22 - they said they still had not received it from them. The next day I got an email from the embassy with his instruction packet attached.. does that mean we deal with the embassy directly now because NVC still didn’t respond or give us a case number or welcome letter or anything but we got the packet from the embassy by email. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Emily&Tikko said:

So I sent in an expedite request with my receipt number from USCIS and NVC had me send in my NOA2 dated 5/16/22 - they said they still had not received it from them. The next day I got an email from the embassy with his instruction packet attached.. does that mean we deal with the embassy directly now because NVC still didn’t respond or give us a case number or welcome letter or anything but we got the packet from the embassy by email. 

does the packet have a case #? if it does, put that in ceac site and see what it says.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

As I saw on another topic yesterday, we can adjust our timeline with the case creation date once we know our case number, since we are notified only on shipment day:

image.thumb.png.3f7feb67dc361b5b98eed14cd6096eec.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, xfilez76 said:

Once the application arrives the US consulate, how long would it be to receive the next notification? Would it be the interview date?

Hopefully it will arrive fairly quickly.  You should receive packet 3, where you have to mail back your DS160 confirmation page, 2 passport photos, etc.  Our packet 3 included a copy of our originally mailed petition.  I’ve seen letters for packet 3 from different embassies that vary in what they request, so ymmv.  After, you successfully complete packet 3, then you will receive packet 4 with instructions to sign up for your interview date, they won’t just assign a date to you, you’ll get to pick.

Edited by Merica-n

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/24/2022 at 5:53 AM, Merica-n said:

Hopefully it will arrive fairly quickly.  You should receive packet 3, where you have to mail back your DS160 confirmation page, 2 passport photos, etc.  Our packet 3 included a copy of our originally mailed petition.  I’ve seen letters for packet 3 from different embassies that vary in what they request, so ymmv.  After, you successfully complete packet 3, then you will receive packet 4 with instructions to sign up for your interview date, they won’t just assign a date to you, you’ll get to pick.

Thank you! So you have to mail the documents instead of sending it electronically? I know you need to send an email confirmation to the consulate after the completion of DS-160, with scanned copies of the application's passport and a photo. I thought the DS-160 itself is also filed online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.