JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, xfilez76 said:

Thank you! So you have to mail the documents instead of sending it electronically? I know you need to send an email confirmation to the consulate after the completion of DS-160, with scanned copies of the application's passport and a photo. I thought the DS-160 itself is also filed online.

The DS-160 was completed online, but the confirmation page needed to be printed out and mailed to the embassy.  My fiancee had to mail in two photos as well and the passport information page.  This was all by physical mail and nothing was sent via email.  This is China though, I think slightly different procedure from different countries, so you'll have to wait to see the exact procedure in Canada.

Congrats @Xiaova

Edited by Merica-n

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We got the in-transit email from NVC last July 19th. Two weeks later, it is still in-transit. Do we need to do anything at the moment like do the DS-160? 

Our embassy was originally in Manila but it was sent to Sydney because my fiance current address when we initially filed was in Australia. My fiance is still currently in Australia on a student visa and hoping that the interview will happen there.  

NOA2 May 20, 2022.

Thank you.

Edited by omarperez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
43 minutes ago, S@M said:

Hi - has anyone heard from the NVC, we received NOA2 on June 16 and have not heard anything since. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Hello, we got NOA2 June 13th and heard back on August 2 (50 days exactly since NOA2).. it could take up to 60 days to hear something according to what I have read. Hope y’all hear something soon! 

Correct me if I’m wrong but after the NOA2 (Aug 6th), we have to wait for the documents to be given a case number by the DOS and then it goes to NVC. In my case my NVC is in Mumbai. Is there anything we can do at this point to expedite the process or do we just have to wait till the documents are reviewed by the NVC and sent a packet for the interview to my fiancé ?

From what I’ve read, it could be up to 60 days till the case is reviewed by the NVC and another 60 till they assign a number and sent to consulate? Is that right?

1 hour ago, Parisaaa said:

Hi everyone,

we received our NOA2 on May25th and still haven’t heard anything from NVC. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I’m getting nervous because it seems like everyone else is getting their case number much faster.

does the wait time depend on the embassy?

Yes, all it depends on your embassy. My case is been ready for almost a month to schedule an interview but I haven’t heard anything yet. Submit an inquiry if you have not yet. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:01 AM, Sonya N said:

Yes, all it depends on your embassy. My case is been ready for almost a month to schedule an interview but I haven’t heard anything yet. Submit an inquiry if you have not yet. 

If your case is showing ready at the ceac website, I suggest you to contact you local embassy. Because they should send you P3 packet when it's ready.

1 hour ago, Scholastic said:

Received NOA2 on June 22, and still haven’t received any case number. Our embassy will be Ankara. 

Hi @Scholastic . Our embassy is in Ankara as well and we received our NOA2 on May 25th, still haven’t heard anything at all. I’m thinking it’s the embassy that is taking so long because some of the other people who received their NOA2 at the same time as ours have their interview date scheduled by now. Do you know anyone else whose embassy is in Ankara and they’ve heard anything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.