JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/20/2022 at 1:44 AM, dahianaly1 said:

NOA 1: June 21, 2021

NOAaiting for my case being transferred to NVC, luckily my embassy is getting cases from NVC pretty fast so I'm super excited!!

did you get your case number yet? and how did you find your embassy information to see how fast they were getting them?  has anyone heard anything about the tuesday mailing schedule?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
11 hours ago, Emily&Tikko said:

did you get your case number yet? and how did you find your embassy information to see how fast they were getting them?  has anyone heard anything about the tuesday mailing schedule?

Not yet, I'm in k1 groups from my country

NOA1 - 9.Apr.2021

NOA2 - 6.May.2022(USCIS updated on their website to say 9.May.2022 but the approval notice I-797 says 6.May.2022)

Still waiting on NVC welcome letter. I wondered how some people were getting emails from NVC, but then I noticed there is a data cell in the I-129f for the petitioner to put their email. Hope I get the email or letter soon with NVC case id number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We are reaching the 30 day mark since our USCIS approval but we still have not heard a peep from the NVC. We don't have a case number, I don't know if they've received it, and I don't know if I'm supposed to do something right now. Should we fill out the DS-160 before we hear anything from the NVC? Will that get us a case number? I haven't even thought about how long it will take to get to Helsinki. Helsinki seems to be the worst embassy at publishing data for K1 visas about interviews or how long it takes for them to get it from the NVC. I have no idea what to do. I think I want to do something, anything because the stress is just eating away at me and it's becoming hard to handle. I double checked that we definitely put an email address on our I127F - does that mean NVC will send me an email with our case number or notice they have gotten it from the USCIS? I've seen a lot of people say they aren't getting emails and they got their NVC number by calling but we can't call now! I don't know what to do 

4 hours ago, Ailey & Juho said:

We are reaching the 30 day mark since our USCIS approval but we still have not heard a peep from the NVC. We don't have a case number, I don't know if they've received it, and I don't know if I'm supposed to do something right now. Should we fill out the DS-160 before we hear anything from the NVC? Will that get us a case number? I haven't even thought about how long it will take to get to Helsinki. Helsinki seems to be the worst embassy at publishing data for K1 visas about interviews or how long it takes for them to get it from the NVC. I have no idea what to do. I think I want to do something, anything because the stress is just eating away at me and it's becoming hard to handle. I double checked that we definitely put an email address on our I127F - does that mean NVC will send me an email with our case number or notice they have gotten it from the USCIS? I've seen a lot of people say they aren't getting emails and they got their NVC number by calling but we can't call now! I don't know what to do 

Don't start a DS-160 before you hear from NVC or your local embassy, filling out a DS-160 doesn't get you a NVC case number. I'm in the same boat(NOA2 6.May.2022). I've reached out both to my local consulate/embassy and tried calling USCIS. USCIS was of zero help(their automated phone system even threatens to hang up if you ask to speak with someone) and my embassy(Bahrain) told me they can't do anything until NVC gets my case. I did push back to my embassy on 24.May.2022 and ask them to reach out to NVC for me since NVC no longer takes phone inquiries, and they said NVC had not yet received my case at that time. I will follow up every other week with my embassy to reach out to NVC until I get the NVC welcome letter or email, to try and get the case number.

Believe me, I sympathize with your situation. In the same boat here. It really is out of our hands in that period where your case goes from USCIS to NVC. Without a case number there isn't much one can do. As stressful and hard as it is, we just have to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Bahrainexpat said:

Don't start a DS-160 before you hear from NVC or your local embassy, filling out a DS-160 doesn't get you a NVC case number. I'm in the same boat(NOA2 6.May.2022). I've reached out both to my local consulate/embassy and tried calling USCIS. USCIS was of zero help(their automated phone system even threatens to hang up if you ask to speak with someone) and my embassy(Bahrain) told me they can't do anything until NVC gets my case. I did push back to my embassy on 24.May.2022 and ask them to reach out to NVC for me since NVC no longer takes phone inquiries, and they said NVC had not yet received my case at that time. I will follow up every other week with my embassy to reach out to NVC until I get the NVC welcome letter or email, to try and get the case number.

Believe me, I sympathize with your situation. In the same boat here. It really is out of our hands in that period where your case goes from USCIS to NVC. Without a case number there isn't much one can do. As stressful and hard as it is, we just have to wait.

Hey that’s interesting that your embassy can contact NVC and at least give you updates, better than waiting for public inquiry response or NVC themselves. NVC website states they’re working on cases received from uscis around May 16 (but that date should be updated Mon/Tues) and I believe I read somewhere that it takes 2-3 weeks after NOA2 for NVC to receive paper petitions, so you should hopefully have some good news in the next week or two. Please update when you hear anything from your embassy as it may help form some sort of timeline for us! I’m 18 May so two weeks behind you. :) 

9 hours ago, Bahrainexpat said:

Don't start a DS-160 before you hear from NVC or your local embassy, filling out a DS-160 doesn't get you a NVC case number. 

As stressful and hard as it is, we just have to wait.

I agree with the above. There wouldn’t be a difference if you started the DS-160. It won’t speed it up. It’s all a waiting game

Timeline
In transit today 🤭🎊🎉
Noa1: June 21, 2021
Noa2: May 10, 2022
In transit: June 7, 2022
Lima, Peru 🇵🇪
I wasn’t able to call NVC, mi fiancé got the email today because our case was sent to my embassy 🎊🎉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received an email that we are in transit to the Montreal consulate today! 

NOA1: April 14, 2021

NOA2: May 20, 2022

I never heard anything from NVC. I was expecting an email with a case number, but this came first! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
6 hours ago, emergence said:

Received an email that we are in transit to the Montreal consulate today! 

NOA1: April 14, 2021

NOA2: May 20, 2022

I never heard anything from NVC. I was expecting an email with a case number, but this came first! 

Congratulations!! Did you provide an email anywhere to get the transit email notice? Or do they have your email from your original application? 

thank you for the help in advance :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Claire.MC23 said:

Congratulations!! Did you provide an email anywhere to get the transit email notice? Or do they have your email from your original application? 

thank you for the help in advance :)

I did nothing extra, so I assume they got my email from my original application.

Timeline
On 6/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, dahianaly1 said:
In transit today 🤭🎊🎉
Noa1: June 21, 2021
Noa2: May 10, 2022
Lima, Peru 🇵🇪
I wasn’t able to call NVC, mi fiancé got the email today because our case was sent to my embassy 🎊🎉

I just schedule my interview for Juliy 1st, I'm so excited! Hope you get yours guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
6 hours ago, xfilez76 said:

Can you share the NVC link here?

Thank you!

I’m not sure if this is the site you are looking for but here is one with dates: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Where did you guys put in your email on the application? I know I put mine (the petitioner) email in but I didn't see anywhere for my applicant to put his in. Will they send the NVC case number to me then? It's been over 30 days since our approval and I don't even know if the NVC has gotten it yet as I can't call for a case number now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.