Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interview Experience:
Visa Category: IR1
DQ Date: December 18th, 2020.
Interview Date: April 7th, 2022.
Interview Location: Islamabad Embassy, Pakistan
Interview Time: 8:30 am
Total Amount of Time spent: 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Language chosen by my wife for the Interview: English.
Interviewer: “Very nice and friendly” according to my wife J
After my wife was called by the interviewer and before he started asking questions, he reviewed documents at ceac website for about 5 minutes before starting the interview.
Questions Asked:
1) What is your name?
2) What is your father’s name?
3) Who is sponsoring you?
4) What is his name?
5) What does he do for a living?
6) What is your highest level of education?
7) Do you have any kids?
😎 Is this your first marriage?
9) Is this his first marriage?
10) Arranged or Love marriage?
11) How many times has he visited you since marriage took place?
12) Then asked for photos for all the trips. I had collected and compiled photos from the 3 events of our marriage, Nikah/Shadi/Valema and had separated our pictures from the trips by years on to a Microsoft word file. My wife printed these compilations in color and took them with her to the interview and that is what she showed him. The interviewer looked at all the pictures.
After that, he congratulated my wife stating “your Visa has been approved.” After that, he gave my wife the approval letter and held on to her passport stating that my wife should except the passport with the visa on it “within 2 weeks.”
After giving the approval letter, the interviewer wished my wife a happy stay in the United States.
Alhumdullilah! All praises to the Almighty Allah Swt, and without his help, we wouldn’t have gotten through this. To tell you the truth, from the time of interview letter to the actual interview, there was not a lot of time, there were only about 9 days! And Even though, I thought I had most of the documents already ready for the interview, getting them ready for the interview, like printing them and arranging them in a folder took a lot of time. Also, trying to get a medical with that short amount of time was also very rushed but thanks to the almighty everything turned out well.
So, my advice to the people waiting for interviews, PLEASE PLEASE PLESAE get all your documents ready and good to go. Do as much as you can to save yourself the headache of trying to arrange everything in time while also making sure you do not miss anything!
Also, a big shout out to all the people in this group, not only the Admins and moderators but also participants of this group as well. Reading through all these posts answer many of my questions. Once again thank you so much to everyone, especially the Admins. And best wishes for everyone.
Now we just wait for the passport with the Visa stamp on it!

4 hours ago, JRaz91 said:

That’s what I ended up doing I was away from my spouse for a year and 8 months. So I moved to Pakistan and found a joint-sponsor. 

yeah I’ll see I’ll wait few months. And if the process will be moving slow at Islamabad then I will definitely move to Pakistan. The joint sponsor is not an issue my mother can help me with that.. only thing I’m worried is finding a job in Pakistan while waiting out the process. So I do not get bored at all. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Any update on if they finish the month of February for interview or are they are on March ? 

Feb 23 after that no news from anyone as far as I know.slowest embassy in the world 😠

I have a question . My mom had an interview on june 13th 2022 at Islamabad embassy . Her category is IR5 . She was approved and given a approval paper which says congratulations you have met all the requirement for visa approval . Officer said she will get the passport in two weeks . Her ceac status is still ready for interview with date changes which  were on 13th June , 16th June and 22nd June but her status is still ready . I'm getting worried now because it's been more than  2 weeks and she haven't received her visa . I have tried to contact embassy through online IV form but they don't reply . Anybody have any experience in this please let me know . Thanks 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Mahrukh29 said:

I have a question . My mom had an interview on june 13th 2022 at Islamabad embassy . Her category is IR5 . She was approved and given a approval paper which says congratulations you have met all the requirement for visa approval . Officer said she will get the passport in two weeks . Her ceac status is still ready for interview with date changes which  were on 13th June , 16th June and 22nd June but her status is still ready . I'm getting worried now because it's been more than  2 weeks and she haven't received her visa . I have tried to contact embassy through online IV form but they don't reply . Anybody have any experience in this please let me know . Thanks 

Hi I heard poeple said they usually change status to issue after some time don't know how much longer,ISL embassy is slowest and I don't have words for them😠 I can just pray that your mom get her passport sooner IA.🙏

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Hey guys has there been update on the which month their working for interview of cr1/ir1 

It seems they are only sending interview letters once a month and haven't even finished Feb 2021 yet 😕

1 hour ago, Raja007 said:

The pace Islamabad embassy is working even a 🐌 seems faster then them😁 

lol I know. But you guys in 22 dq will be even waiting a lot longer then us folks who are document qualified in 2021. I just wish they did afghan cases and our cases along with it to improve or fast. Poodena been waiting 11 months and I am waiting close to 7 months now. 

Edited by Machinecorpse62

On 7/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, Machinecorpse62 said:

lol I know. But you guys in 22 dq will be even waiting a lot longer then us folks who are document qualified in 2021. I just wish they did afghan cases and our cases along with it to improve or fast. Poodena been waiting 11 months and I am waiting close to 7 months now. 

Now now don't jinx our chances of being done and through this process 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.