podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,574 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, S,M said:

17 months right now. Nd 23 Feb 2021 CR1/Ir1 dqed cases scheduled for interview till the month of August 

what the heck…………. They are working to dang slow. Been waiting 6 months right now and now two months increase time. 

Edited by Machinecorpse62

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, podeena said:

Good luck 🤞🙏

Good luck in your interview 🙏🏽

@JRaz91@S,M@Tariq& Farzeen  Hopefully you guys interview goes well IA please if it's possible share your questions if you can or any info to help all of us waiting for interview thanks 🙏🙏

35 minutes ago, podeena said:

@JRaz91@S,M@Tariq& Farzeen  Hopefully you guys interview goes well IA please if it's possible share your questions if you can or any info to help all of us waiting for interview thanks 🙏🙏

Oh we will I found someone who did his interview in June. He told me the questions they ask

C065E5C8-3785-47B0-A5BE-CF2B40BE3D61.jpeg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, S,M said:

I have some detailed post of some ppl, if you guys want that I can share it over here.

Lots of prayers for you guys success 🙏

11 minutes ago, S,M said:

I have some detailed post of some ppl, if you guys want that I can share it over here.

49 minutes ago, JRaz91 said:

Oh we will I found someone who did his interview in June. He told me the questions they ask

C065E5C8-3785-47B0-A5BE-CF2B40BE3D61.jpeg

Lots of prayers for you guys success 🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, JRaz91 said:

Thank you so much. I hope all Of you get some good news about your cases. I wish Islamabad would catch up India is already in December 2021. 

Yes I just saw on Instagram painful journey since 2019 fraustating ,Indian embassy  Rock on the other hand ISL embassy is so lazy and cruel to humanity they don't care that we stuck in our lives😥 still working on Feb 2021.😠😠

Timeline

I'm not sure if it's true or not but on FB and other groups, they are saying Islamabad embassy has been given priority to Afghanistan cases (90%) and so that's why things are getting worse and worse. They will only catch up once the Afghanistan cases are done. Just so crazy and messed up.

Timeline
2 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

I'm not sure if it's true or not but on FB and other groups, they are saying Islamabad embassy has been given priority to Afghanistan cases (90%) and so that's why things are getting worse and worse. They will only catch up once the Afghanistan cases are done. Just so crazy and messed up.

If that's the case we all should write a letter to our sanators to look into ISL embassy it's not fair  they should open up a new section and hire more staff or get from India or Bangladesh they all caught up with backlog what's our fault specially IR1orcr1 cases why we get punished for others 1st stuck at USCIS bc of Trump then NVC bc of covid now ISL embassy for Afghan.😠😠 God help us 🙏

4 hours ago, podeena said:

If that's the case we all should write a letter to our sanators to look into ISL embassy it's not fair  they should open up a new section and hire more staff or get from India or Bangladesh they all caught up with backlog what's our fault specially IR1orcr1 cases why we get punished for others 1st stuck at USCIS bc of Trump then NVC bc of covid now ISL embassy for Afghan.😠😠 God help us 🙏

I was talking to someone who is doing a spousal visa form Canada. She already is in the process of getting her passport back with the visa inside and she’s only been working on it 8 months 😔

8 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

that would suck. If that’s true then the wait time will just keep on increasing for those that are waiting from 2021….. I rather just move to Pakistan and be with my wife and delay the process a bit. That’s just a long wait then. 

15 hours ago, JRaz91 said:

6 months is just the beginning. Once you hit the 12 months it seems to go by quickly

6 months went by quick the remaining 12 months are going slow for me. And with only increase more with Islamabad dealing with afghan cases would be hard for waiting. 

35 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

that would suck. If that’s true then the wait time will just keep on increasing for those that are waiting from 2021….. I rather just move to Pakistan and be with my wife and delay the process a bit. That’s just a long wait then. 

6 months went by quick the remaining 12 months are going slow for me. And with only increase more with Islamabad dealing with afghan cases would be hard for waiting. 

That’s what I ended up doing I was away from my spouse for a year and 8 months. So I moved to Pakistan and found a joint-sponsor. 

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your help, especially Rabea Kruegel. Received my passport today with US visa 
I had my interview on the 23rd, Monday. The CO ask me the following questions 
•Who is sponsoring you 
•What does your husband do
•When was the last time he visited you
•Can you show me some pictures of you two together

& handed me the congratulatory letter with a smile! 

I submitted these docs on portal & took all with me to the interview too in one file organised with chits. 

Sponsor 
- [x] birth certificate copy
- [x] Passport copy 
- [x] W2 recent 3 years
- [x] Tax return recent 3 years 
- [x] Tax transcript recent 3 years 
- [x] I864 updated 
- [x] Entry exit 
- [x] Money transfer 
- [x] Passport size 2 photos 
Beneficiary 
- [x] Birth certificate original
- [x] Translated birth certificate 
- [x] Nikkah nama, translation, NADRA approved 
- [x] Police report 2 years 
- [x] ID Card 
- [x] Passport 
- [x] Passport size 2 photos 
- [x] DS260
- [x] Marriage photos
- [x] Nvc letter 
- [x] Chats
Co-sponsor
- [x] Birth certificate copy
- [x] Passport copy
- [x] W2 recent 3 years
- [x] Tax return recent 3 years
- [x] Tax transcript recent 3 years 
- [x] I864 updated 

My status changed from Ready to AP on 23rd May
AP to Issued- 24th May
Passport received- 30th May

Embassy: Islamabad

Visa Category: IR1
DQ: 02-Oct-2020

Interview Letter: 20 Oct 2021

Interview Date: 8 Nov 2021

Visa issued: 9 Nov (Alhamdullilah)

Available for Pickup: 11 Nov 2021

Hi guys, I want to share my interview experience as I have got a lot of help from the previous posts based on others’ interview experiences. 

I had my interview on 8th Nov Monday but I reached Islamabad on Saturday to be on the safe side, and I will recommend everyone to travel a day earlier from your interview. 

I stayed at sector G-7 in Islamabad that was near the Diplomatic Enclave Shuttle service in a hotel that was very reasonable in price for 2200RS per day. 

Luckily there I met a guy who provides services to rent a car with driver and he can find you best possible hotels in ISL as well, a very nice guy very punctual and polite, I will share his number below in the post so you can call him directly with my name as a reference and he will help you out with everything in Islamabad.

On the day of the interview, I left for the Shuttle Service at 6:30AM. Shuttle service starts at 7:00 AM. In the Diplomatic Enclave Shuttle Service, they will ask you for the following documents.

Interview letter
 ID card  photocopy
 ID card original
 Passport.

Make sure you keep them at the front of your file for easy processing.  
From the first counter, they will verify your ID card and Interview letter and will ask you to go to the ticket counter. 

There the guy will ask for your passport and will give you a ticket, keep it safe with you, and on the other counter deposit your belongings and they will give you a token for it.

Shuttle service will take you directly to the embassy and the driver will call out for which embassy it is. 

I entered the embassy, there were guards who will guide you through the gates, so don’t worry about that they are very helpful.
You will need to take 2 gates to go up, there you will have a security scan and then finally you will go to the place where the interview will take place. 

So at the first counter, you will meet a Pakistani guy who will take your fingerprint and will ask for the following documents and will give you a token against that and will ask you to wait for your turn.

1: Nikkah Nama
2: Marriage certificate NADRA 
3: English translation of nikkah Nama
4: My Birth certificate NADRA 
5: 2 pictures (2×2) 
6: My Passport

Then I was called for the interview, the guy who took my interview was very humble. 
Questions asked were: 
1. Is this your love marriage or arranged?
2. Where does your wife live?
3. When did you guys get married?
4. Where are you planning to go in the US?
5. Do you have a child?

As I have a daughter he asked me if I have her birth certificate?
I said yes, do you want to see it? He said yes it would be great. 

Saw the birth certificate asked for fingerprints again and said congratulations your visa is approved. The interview hardly lasted for 4-5 mins.

I uploaded everything on the CEAC website under additional documents for Applicant/Petitioner and Joint Sponsor. I created an excel sheet that has all the documents that you can upload and take with you to the interview, it will help you a lot. Below is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EZyKxisp85AZ5vNcvKd42d_uaRh6Wt9w8GN1Oxh_E3U/edit?usp=sharing

And that was it.

FinallyI would like to thank my wife for all the support and for helping me out with everything while taking care of our 2-month-old daughter.

Last but not least I would like to thank all the moderators especially Rabea Kruegel for all the help provided throughout, may God bless you all for what you guys are doing.

Zeeshan Malik: +92 333 5728646(Driver)

Best of luck to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.