podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/3/2022 at 6:00 PM, JRaz91 said:

Nope still waiting maybe on the 15th I’ll hear something 

I hope you hear something soon! it used to be they would send interview letters the beginning and the 15th of the month for ISL but now it just seems like things are getting longer. From my understanding of the facebook groups..alot of the interviews have been Afghanistan too. I hope they find a way to fix all these different circumstances 😕 

6 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

I hope you hear something soon! it used to be they would send interview letters the beginning and the 15th of the month for ISL but now it just seems like things are getting longer. From my understanding of the facebook groups..alot of the interviews have been Afghanistan too. I hope they find a way to fix all these different circumstances 😕 

I get that there are circumstances happening there but to push out the people who have been waiting longer isn’t right. We all miss our loved ones and want to get to them as soon as we can. They have been stuck on February 8th since May and getting no where. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JRaz91 said:

I get that there are circumstances happening there but to push out the people who have been waiting longer isn’t right. We all miss our loved ones and want to get to them as soon as we can. They have been stuck on February 8th since May and getting no where. 

I agree, it definitely isn't right at all... I think even the Feb 2021 DQ are for interview dates in end of July 2022 ? So 7 months of the year are already kind of booked and we're only in Feb 2021 dq. I can't imagine the backlog getting fixed as quickly as people were hoping before and it's so not right.

I just don't understand why USA just left Kabul folks basically without any resources at their embassy and now of course they're getting expedites due to humanitarian crisis etc. This is just an awful combination of ISL embassy being backlogged but USA not finishing what they started and just ditching them too. The embassy should then be given resources to handle only the Afghanistan cases separately or something.... 😕

Inshallah we'll be with our families soon and can only hope. 

Edited by AMK2021

1 hour ago, AMK2021 said:

I agree, it definitely isn't right at all... I think even the Feb 2021 DQ are for interview dates in end of July 2022 ? So 7 months of the year are already kind of booked and we're only in Feb 2021 dq. I can't imagine the backlog getting fixed as quickly as people were hoping before and it's so not right.

I just don't understand why USA just left Kabul folks basically without any resources at their embassy and now of course they're getting expedites due to humanitarian crisis etc. This is just an awful combination of ISL embassy being backlogged but USA not finishing what they started and just ditching them too. The embassy should then be given resources to handle only the Afghanistan cases separately or something.... 😕

Inshallah we'll be with our families soon and can only hope. 

US is great for helping until they can’t get something out of it. So them not helping in Kabul doesn’t surprise me. July is already booked with interviews and now people dq February 9 2021 and on are now looking at an early August interview. This is the website I’ve been using to keep updated.

B4C64500-7D38-45C5-A55B-28DBB9865F2F.jpeg

C41AB050-35F6-4EFF-A5C9-1B9861501F12.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, JRaz91 said:

US is great for helping until they can’t get something out of it. So them not helping in Kabul doesn’t surprise me. July is already booked with interviews and now people dq February 9 2021 and on are now looking at an early August interview. This is the website I’ve been using to keep updated.

B4C64500-7D38-45C5-A55B-28DBB9865F2F.jpeg

C41AB050-35F6-4EFF-A5C9-1B9861501F12.jpeg

Yes I follow this website too it's so sad we're just waiting for 3or4days of month to cover in 1month so painful journey 😠 we all should write a letter to senators to look into ISL embassy for this matter maybe something can be done  🙏🏽 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, podeena said:

Yes I follow this website too it's so sad we're just waiting for 3or4days of month to cover in 1month so painful journey 😠 we all should write a letter to senators to look into ISL embassy for this matter maybe something can be done  🙏🏽 

They just posted on that group that I’ve been keeping track of visas that are being scheduled. Why in the world does it have one about India? This is US Pakistan Embassy not India.

C654489C-13B5-41D6-AD5D-0EE60FA5FB66.png

Timeline

So I am not even DQ'd yet.. I'm seriously considering potentially looking at jobs in other other countries so we can transfer our case..because even that would be shorter than 1.5 years? Any thoughts? Is there any hope the backlog will be fixed because this is just straight up ridiculous and seems to be getting worse. Looking online alot of folks seem to be transferring there cases to other embassies (legally there of course, proof of residence and new phone number required I think) if they are from Nigeria or Pakistan (backlog countries)....idk anymore 

7 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

So I am not even DQ'd yet.. I'm seriously considering potentially looking at jobs in other other countries so we can transfer our case..because even that would be shorter than 1.5 years? Any thoughts? Is there any hope the backlog will be fixed because this is just straight up ridiculous and seems to be getting worse. Looking online alot of folks seem to be transferring there cases to other embassies (legally there of course, proof of residence and new phone number required I think) if they are from Nigeria or Pakistan (backlog countries)....idk anymore 

I believe London is a shorter wait than Islamabad if you can find a job there it would definitely be faster. Here’s a chart of how bad the backlog is 

DF730C77-BFFB-4356-BFE9-34E650FFC2D6.png

Timeline

@JRaz91 did you get your IL yet🤔 now that site on Instagram saying it's going to take 16 months from DQ I hate ISL embassy 😠 why they're so stuck poeple have life it's fraustating and annoying.😠😠😭😭

Timeline

Salaam All,

We just got our Interview Date for August 31, 2022.

Our Interview Letter arrived today June 16, 2022.

Our DQ Date is Feb 23, 2021 (IR-1)

US Embassy - Islamabad

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Tariq&Farzeen said:

Salaam All,

We just got our Interview Date for August 31, 2022.

Our Interview Letter arrived today June 16, 2022.

Our DQ Date is Feb 23, 2021 (IR-1)

US Embassy - Islamabad

👍👋🏾Pray for all of us too Good luck in interview 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.