jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

I wonder if it has something to do with filing a I-134A after a I-134. Perhaps they see the original I-134 and assume the I-134A is a duplicate.

"If you submitted Form I-134 online before Jan. 6, 2023, under Uniting for Ukraine or the Processes for Venezuelans, your case will continue to process and no further action is required. You should not submit a Form I-134A."

Regardless, the real issue is why they aren't following their own rules and the lack of any meaningful communication. It took them 6 weeks to respond as to why it was marked as duplicate and even then there was no answers, only stating that it was a duplicate that was closed. I think we will try one more time to file a I-134A and again try to clearly explain our previous travel authorization has expired. If this fails, time to contact our congressperson or immigration attorney.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that most applications they deal with are from Venezuela etc which are both capped at 30,000 a month and part lottery so you are only able to apply once.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Strunch said:

I wonder if it has something to do with filing a I-134A after a I-134. Perhaps they see the original I-134 and assume the I-134A is a duplicate.

"If you submitted Form I-134 online before Jan. 6, 2023, under Uniting for Ukraine or the Processes for Venezuelans, your case will continue to process and no further action is required. You should not submit a Form I-134A."

Regardless, the real issue is why they aren't following their own rules and the lack of any meaningful communication. It took them 6 weeks to respond as to why it was marked as duplicate and even then there was no answers, only stating that it was a duplicate that was closed. I think we will try one more time to file a I-134A and again try to clearly explain our previous travel authorization has expired. If this fails, time to contact our congressperson or immigration attorney.

Just FYI  - we went to file the I-134A again, but after completing the entire application, the ‘submit’ button was greyed out and the announcement “You cannot file this form again as an I-134A is already filed by you for this beneficiary” - the one they”administratively closed”!.  So….. we can’t re-file, we can’t message them, and we can’t call them.  We did send a message to our congressman explaining our situation and requesting assistance.

02/06/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/14/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

02/20/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

08/17/18 - NOA2 Notification (email & website)

08/20/18 - Hard copy NOA2 received

09/04/18 -  Case received at NVC

09/05/18 -  NVC Case number assigned

09/20/18 - Embassy Received Case “Ready”

10/01/18 - Medical Exam Appointment

10/03/18 - Interview Appointment - Approved pending Medical Exam test results

12/14/18 - Visa Received

12/24/18 - POE to USA (Detroit)

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/10/2023 at 1:31 PM, Mrs D. said:

Does anyone have the text of this bill? I would like to learn more.

Time to start contacting our Congress people.

Uniting for Ukraine
2022/04/30 - I-134 #1&#2 submitted
2022/05/05 - I-134 #1&#2 approved
2022/05/06 - Email received by beneficiaries #1&#2 
2022/05/07 - Beneficiary #1&#2 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP
2022/05/08 - Received information about travel authorization #1&#2 from CBP
2022/05/09 - I-134 #3 submitted
2022/05/11 - I-134 #3 approved, I-134 #4 submitted
2022/05/12 - Email received by beneficiaries #3, Beneficiary #3 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP, Received information about travel authorization #3 from CBP
2022/05/14 - I-134 #4 approved, Email received by beneficiaries #4, Beneficiary #4 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP,  Received information about travel authorization #4 from CBP
2022/07/21 - All 4 beneficiaries arrived in Boston from Krakow via Munich & Frankfurt on Lufthansa
2022/07/25 - Mail I-765 & I-912 for beneficiaries #1,#3&#4
2022/07/26 - Applied for Health Insurance and other benefits for all beneficiaries
2022/07/27 - All 3 I-765's delivered to Chicago lockbox 
2022/07/27 - Beneficiary #4 mailed application for driver's license
2022/08/02 - Beneficiaries #1&#2 approved for MaineCare to start 9/1

2022/08/04 - NOA1 & Fee Waiver approval for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/05 - Beneficiaries #3&#4 opened Bank Account/debit cards

2022/08/05 - Biometrics letter for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/08 - Beneficiaries #3&#4 approved for MaineCare to start 9/1

2022/08/09 - Received rejected EAD package for beneficiary #1 
2022/08/10 - Mailed updated EAD(I-765&I-912) package for beneficiary #1
2022/08/11 - Registered beneficiary #2 for school
2022/08/12 - I-765&I-912 delivered to Chicago lockbox 
2022/08/19 - NOA1 & Fee Waiver approved for for beneficiary #1
2022/08/22 - Biometrics for beneficiaries #3&#4,  EAD approved for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/26 - Beneficiaries #1&#3 mailed application for driver's license
2022/08/26 - Biometrics letter for beneficiary #1
2022/08/26 - USCIS sent EAD cards for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/29 - EAD cards and SS cards arrived for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/09/15 - Appointment for Biometrics for beneficiary #1

2022/10/ - Expedite request processed for beneficiary #1

2022/10/ - EAD approved for beneficiary #1
2022/11/01 - USCIS sent EAD card for beneficiary #1
2022/11/04 - EAD card and SS card arrived for beneficiary #1

Fiancée Visa:
2011/05/25 - 2014/06/30 - See profile for more details

On 6/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, gavin923 said:

Just FYI  - we went to file the I-134A again, but after completing the entire application, the ‘submit’ button was greyed out and the announcement “You cannot file this form again as an I-134A is already filed by you for this beneficiary” - the one they”administratively closed”!.  So….. we can’t re-file, we can’t message them, and we can’t call them.  We did send a message to our congressman explaining our situation and requesting assistance.

Just to follow up, I did manage to send them a message about marking this as duplicate and they responded in two days by re-assessing, re-opening and confirming our latest I-134A. This was from my wife's account. Yesterday I filed an additional I-134A under my name for the same beneficiary just in case. I will now close this request as it is not needed, but this might be an option in your case since you are prevented from sending any messages. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Strunch said:

Just to follow up [...]

This sounds positive -- congratulations.  Thanks for the helpful advice and your update.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I want to provide an update about the status of our case.

I filed the I-134A for 3 of my beneficiaries (1 adult, 2 children) in mid 2022 and it was approved, and then they were approved for travel authorization by CBP. They stayed here about half a year and went back to Ukraine.

Fast forward to mid-2023, we tried to apply for them to come back here again after visiting family (there was a death of family member). I filed the I-134A for the same 3 beneficiaries, which was approved about a month later. We then sent a request for travel authorization to CBP. This request was rejected for all three beneficiaries. I suspect that the reason for the rejection is that you can only be paroled into the US under the U4U program once.

What I'm wondering is what the next steps are. I know that they were eligible to file the I131 for an Advance Parole document based on their 2 year U4U parole when they were inside of the US. However, are they still eligible to file for the I131 based on that 2 year Parole while in the Ukraine?

Timeline

They could have changed the U4U, if so I have not come across it or can find it.

So maybe a screw up.

If they just want to visit a B may be more suitable.

AP is something you apply for in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Here is my situation, hopefully someone can help with this mess.

Hubs and I submitted petitions for 3 people, its his friends (husband and wife, wife has a child from a prior marriage. ) Husband is Ukrainian, so is the wife. Wife's Ukrainian passport has expired and has it in her old married name, since then she has gotten Russian citizenship. We tried to apply U4U using her Russian passport, even thought her bio info, at least from our side, stats she was born in Ukraine. 
All 3 petitions were approved on My hubs and my side.
The husband travel docs were approved, the wife was not approved, and the child is still pending. 

I'm thinking that the government doesn't believe they are married, and hence the denial. Pretty sure she would be approved if she had a current Ukrainian passport. They don't think they can get her an updated passport mainly because they went into Russia, so they want me to see if we can use her Russian passport and get her a new Ukrainian one if/when she enters the USA. 

My hubs and I didn't help him with their side. 

I did some research (tried to find websites, YouTube, and even this forum and thread pages 1-21 and 47-51), but some random website said to upload their marriage certificate after we submit the i-134a as some unsolicited documents. 

I'm assuming we need to resubmit all 3 petitions again, and make sure I just upload: the marriage certificate, the divorce certificate, and the birth certificate with possible a letter explaining their situation.  (They will bring a letter from the ex husband giving permission for the child to leave Russia before they leave) 

My hubs and I are planning having him share PC screens when he fills his side out to make sure we aren't some how missing something. 

Anyone have any thought?!

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, CM&KV said:

Here is my situation, hopefully someone can help with this mess.

Hubs and I submitted petitions for 3 people, its his friends (husband and wife, wife has a child from a prior marriage. ) Husband is Ukrainian, so is the wife. Wife's Ukrainian passport has expired and has it in her old married name, since then she has gotten Russian citizenship. We tried to apply U4U using her Russian passport, even thought her bio info, at least from our side, stats she was born in Ukraine. 
All 3 petitions were approved on My hubs and my side.
The husband travel docs were approved, the wife was not approved, and the child is still pending. 

I'm thinking that the government doesn't believe they are married, and hence the denial. Pretty sure she would be approved if she had a current Ukrainian passport. They don't think they can get her an updated passport mainly because they went into Russia, so they want me to see if we can use her Russian passport and get her a new Ukrainian one if/when she enters the USA. 

My hubs and I didn't help him with their side. 

I did some research (tried to find websites, YouTube, and even this forum and thread pages 1-21 and 47-51), but some random website said to upload their marriage certificate after we submit the i-134a as some unsolicited documents. 

I'm assuming we need to resubmit all 3 petitions again, and make sure I just upload: the marriage certificate, the divorce certificate, and the birth certificate with possible a letter explaining their situation.  (They will bring a letter from the ex husband giving permission for the child to leave Russia before they leave) 

My hubs and I are planning having him share PC screens when he fills his side out to make sure we aren't some how missing something. 

Anyone have any thought?!

They didn't specify any reason in the denial notice?

Ths Russian passport in and of itself shouldn't be an issue, but yes, the unsolicited evidence always helps (granted that you don't submit a mountain of it).

Timeline

So was the wife applying on the basis of being married to a Ukrainian, or being Ukrainian.

What evidence was supplied to support either one?

On 6/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, uapilot said:

They didn't specify any reason in the denial notice?

Ths Russian passport in and of itself shouldn't be an issue, but yes, the unsolicited evidence always helps (granted that you don't submit a mountain of it).

I couldn't find it anywhere on the husband's USCIS account giving a reason for the no. The document that I saw stated this 

"TRAVEL NOT AUTHORIZED

Your travel authorization has been denied and you are not authorized to travel to the United States under the Uniting for Ukraine process. For more information about alternative pathways that may be available to you, please visit this U.S. Department of State resource page at
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/information-for-nationals-of-Ukraine.html"

Followed by the wife's personal information: DOB, Alien Number, Passport Number and Status. 

If we (my hubs and I) were to supply the evidence, we didn't know or it was just simply over looked, I even tried to look on line before hand and couldn't find info till a few days ago. We thought the husband and the wife would have to upload that part since I wasn't given any direct section to upload it to USCIS.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, Boiler said:

So was the wife applying on the basis of being married to a Ukrainian, or being Ukrainian.

What evidence was supplied to support either one?

I don't know what was asked on the husband's and wife side. It looks like he added them as a "travel group" so I assume being married to a Ukrainian. 

Sorry got a bit busy with real life and forgot to hit "submit reply"

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is Ukrainian and came to the U.S through u4u. We want to apply for a green card but her city is under occupation and she doesn’t have her vaccine documents for Covid and such. She doesn’t want have have another Covid vaccine especially. Is there any way to go through the green card process without having to take it again? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'd like to ask if anyone came across this issue.

We submitted 134A for my parents and, after 2 months roughly, they were approved. We submitted a request for a travel authorization and were approved the following day. We arranged a flight for them but a few days before they got a message stating the travel authorization was cancelled.

They escaped the war from Kherson and there's no question in their eligibility tbh. The only thing was when they received the approval, when creating their logins, the name was placed in the middle name and instead of their names it was something like "NFNXXX". Since the portal allows you to change that data at registration, they put everything as it should be and submitted the application. All other data were correct.

However, after doing so, the portal name looked like "NFNXXX" <Last name> and the travel authorization that was issued stated the same. Basically correct last name but no name. We sent a message via their portal if it's still OK to travel. No response followed but they closed the case a few days before my parents' supposed travel date without any explanation and reissued the travel authorization with "travel is not permitted".

We called them, but lady on the phone was of no help and suggested sending a message on the portal noting they would have to reply within 72 hours and that the phone consultants don't have access to any information. Fast forward to now, after 3 days we haven't heard from them and wondering what to do.

Did anyone come across this? Any thoughts on how we should proceed to resolve this?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.