jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Tina0073 said:

Hi! Can someone help me with the filling question please. Since I’m trying to sponsor family of 5 I asked my sister to có-sign for me just in case. But I can’t figure out how to add her as a co-signer 

I did not think there is such an option. Best to use a Sponsor who is clearly approvable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Multiple supporters may join together to support a beneficiary. In this case, a supporter should file Form I-134A and include the following documents:

Supplementary evidence demonstrating the identity of, and the resources to be provided by, the additional supporters who will provide support to the beneficiary; and
A statement explaining the intent of the additional supporters to share financial responsibility to support the beneficiary. We will assess the supporters’ ability to support the beneficiary collectively.

I still would go with keeping it simple.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tina0073 said:

I understand. I’m only worried that my income won’t be enough. It’s not high on tax papers. But with all the assets that I have the total is almost 300k. But I don’t know if that will work

Not sure anybody can give you a sensible answer due to the vague nature of the programme.

Unlike the I 134 and the I 864 there are no set numbers, they do imply that they use the Federal Poverty guidelines despite that level of income being unable to realistically support a family of 5. 

And then the requirement is to be willing to support, now the I 134 is not enforceable and the logic should follow through to the I 134a and it does say willing not must. I am not aware of any court cases so who can be certain?

I would have thought $300k cash would be good, if that is the house you live in not so good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So my Ukrainian mother-in-law finally received her Travel Authorization document via U4U.

For those who have traveled via U4U: Other than her passport and this document, is there anything else she will need to board her flight and enter the US?

Thank you!

02/06/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/14/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

02/20/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

08/17/18 - NOA2 Notification (email & website)

08/20/18 - Hard copy NOA2 received

09/04/18 -  Case received at NVC

09/05/18 -  NVC Case number assigned

09/20/18 - Embassy Received Case “Ready”

10/01/18 - Medical Exam Appointment

10/03/18 - Interview Appointment - Approved pending Medical Exam test results

12/14/18 - Visa Received

12/24/18 - POE to USA (Detroit)

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

Ticket

Timeline

😅

11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Ticket

😅

12/14/18 - Visa Received

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just for some updated timelines. I applied for the rest of my wife's family to come over on U4U. 

I applied July 10th. My family was then sent all of the medical attestation on August 4th. And on August 7th they received their travel authorization. It was still a very fast process. 

Good luck everyone! 

Timeline

Has anyone had any issues or delays getting through passport control / customs using U4U?

12/14/18 - Visa Received

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey all, 

One of my potential beneficiaries has a passport that is expired on the bio page, but was extended on the visa pages with a stamp from the Ukrainian embassy. The father of this beneficiary says that the embassy cannot do a full renewal, and were only doing these temporary renewals. 

Does anyone gave experience with this? Would this be acceptable for the CBP? The other issue is that the extension on the visa page contains written text that is all in Ukrainian. I'm guessing they would need a notarized translation of that page to get through immigration, if this extension is acceptable. Would they need anything else? Like an apostile? 

Timeline

Please know that in most cases, Ukrainians crossing from Ukraine into Poland now require a **biometric** passport or a visa from Poland.

Edited by gavin923
Clarity

12/14/18 - Visa Received

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I would give it a few days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.