24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I know as an new immigrant (ir1) we don’t need to provide proof of vaccination to travel to USA. But if the airline company is insisting on the proof of vaccination, what I can do or show to convince them that this is not a requirement for me to travel to USA. I have a flight in 5 hours. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It might not be a requirement to enter the US, but airlines have their own policies. Maybe you could do a rapid test at the airport. You should have asked earlier.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

It might not be a requirement to enter the US, but airlines have their own policies. Maybe you could do a rapid test at the airport. You should have asked earlier.

This airline does not have own policies of Covid. It is said that they are following the policies of the destination country. But the agent on the phone is insisting on the vaccine . I don’t know if the agent on the phone know the requirements. I already did the Covid test. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

April 14, 2022  from CDC

and this is what the airline is going by

At this time u are not yet a USC or LPR 

If you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant and not fully vaccinated, you will not be allowed to enter the United States. Only limited exceptions apply to the requirement to show proof of vaccination. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Moussa diop said:

This airline does not have own policies of Covid. It is said that they are following the policies of the destination country. But the agent on the phone is insisting on the vaccine . I don’t know if the agent on the phone know the requirements. I already did the Covid test. 

A travel agent?

Go directly on Airline website and read for yourself. 

Which airline?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

13 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

April 14, 2022  from CDC

and this is what the airline is going by

At this time u are not yet a USC or LPR 

If you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant and not fully vaccinated, you will not be allowed to enter the United States. Only limited exceptions apply to the requirement to show proof of vaccination. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

His wife is classified as an immigrant (CR1 - spouse of a US citizen) and thus is exempt from a COVID vaccine requirement for entry into the US:

18A4D798-1E71-4A6E-8F08-28A64BDBA7A0.jpeg.42ed1190a98749d47d8dd1f78cba462f.jpeg

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#immigrants

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

His wife is classified as an immigrant (CR1 - spouse of a US citizen) and thus is exempt from a COVID vaccine requirement for entry into the US:

18A4D798-1E71-4A6E-8F08-28A64BDBA7A0.jpeg.42ed1190a98749d47d8dd1f78cba462f.jpeg

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#immigrants

The us embassy already confirmed me the other day that the vaccination is not required. My only problem is the airline

1 minute ago, Moussa diop said:

The us embassy already confirmed me the other day that the vaccination is not required. My only problem is the airline

So show the people at the check in desk the CDC website with this information. That should do the trick. How else are you planning to prove it? Showing the actual CDC website with this information, it will show clearly that your wife is exempt.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Moussa diop said:

Airfrance

These guys are idiots. I know them first hand.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Moussa diop said:

Airfrance

do u transit in Paris 

as my adil just flew out to morocco on  delta/air france with transit in paris 

full vaccination required 

He had to show vaccine card in Atlanta to board the plane

France eases its entry requirements for travelers with a complete vaccination schedule. Howeever, a booster shot may be required depending on your situation.

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
10 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

So show the people at the check in desk the CDC website with this information. That should do the trick. How else are you planning to prove it? Showing the actual CDC website with this information, it will show clearly that your wife is exempt.

I will do that

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Timona said:

These guys are idiots. I know them first hand.

Yes they can be. I guess I need to be patient with them and convincing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.