EegretTenacious

Confused by RFE Request

45 posts in this topic

I attached a portion of the RFE and the evidence they requested. Our response is completed and I'm about to mail it, but I'm worried if what this letter means is they absolutely need pictures. We're sending additional evidence, but we feel blindsided being asked for these photos because we had always thought pictures with dates written on them are garbage and non-verifiable, so we don't have any from specifically the time period they requested, nor did we send any with the original I-129F packet. Has anyone else gotten an RFE like this?  Thanks all. 

AA.PNG

16 minutes ago, EegretTenacious said:

I'm worried if what this letter means is they absolutely need pictures.

That's not what the RFE says.  It states: "Evidence may include...", not "must include".  What evidence of 2-year meeting did you include with the petition?  Strongest evidence are passport stamps, boarding passes, or any documentary evidence that you were together in person at a particular place and time within 2 years of filing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This looks like the standard RFE you get when you don't include evidence of meeting within 2 years of filing. As others have stated, passport stamps, boarding passes, visas, etc. that show you were in the same place at the same times within the 2 year period mentioned in the RFE. Photos like you said are pretty much useless, so concentrate on the good hard evidence.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

That's not what the RFE says.  It states: "Evidence may include...", not "must include".  What evidence of 2-year meeting did you include with the petition?  Strongest evidence are passport stamps, boarding passes, or any documentary evidence that you were together in person at a particular place and time within 2 years of filing.

We provided flight and hotel receipts and itineraries as well as my fiance's passport stamps for the original petition. Hotels bought by me, flights bought by him,  and the time and dates all line up 

For the RFE I'm sending bank statements showing the hotel purchases as well as purchases I made when he was here like for the parking pass at the airport when I picked him up and the security deposit for our reservations.  I'm also throwing in time stamped chat logs the days he came, his I-94, and his passport stamps with his passport ID because the ID wasn't included the first time.  Hopefully that's enough because we have nothing else from that time period. 

29 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

This looks like the standard RFE you get when you don't include evidence of meeting within 2 years of filing. As others have stated, passport stamps, boarding passes, visas, etc. that show you were in the same place at the same times within the 2 year period mentioned in the RFE. Photos like you said are pretty much useless, so concentrate on the good hard evidence.

I really hope that's what it is because we did send evidence, but I'm hoping it just wasn't explained thoroughly enough because I tried to keep it brief, assuming they didn't want to read paragraphs. Plus, I didn't include my fiances passport ID with his stamps we photocopied so that might've thrown a wrench in things too. 

Originally, we sent flight itineraries/receipts, hotel itineraries/receipts, and his passport stamps. Hotels were bought by me, flights were bought by him, and the dates and times on everything line up.  It's only his passport because he came and visited me in the United States at my home state. 

4 minutes ago, EegretTenacious said:

Originally, we sent flight itineraries/receipts, hotel itineraries/receipts, and his passport stamps. Hotels were bought by me, flights were bought by him, and the dates and times on everything line up.  It's only his passport because he came and visited me in the United States at my home state. 

Based on what you sent ( solid evidence) they are fishing for fotos…so your response should be something like this

In response to RFE case# xx dated yy requesting the following additional documentation

: 1. Photos of both during the in person meeting 

2. Any other…

We are submitting the following evidentiary documentation

1. Declaration under penalty of perjury signed by both attesting to the in person meeting and that we did not have the foresight to take either selfies or arrange for photos during this trip. We are including photos taken at various other times we have spent time together. 
2. Any other..In addition to the evidence submitted at initial filing ( HERE LIST one by one what u sent), please find enclosed ( LIST one by one what you are sending) 

Executed and signed under penalty of perjury Xxxxx.  By both ( does not need to be wet signature unless u are both in same place

1 hour ago, Family said:

Based on what you sent ( solid evidence) they are fishing for fotos…so your response should be something like this

In response to RFE case# xx dated yy requesting the following additional documentation

: 1. Photos of both during the in person meeting 

2. Any other…

We are submitting the following evidentiary documentation

1. Declaration under penalty of perjury signed by both attesting to the in person meeting and that we did not have the foresight to take either selfies or arrange for photos during this trip. We are including photos taken at various other times we have spent time together. 
2. Any other..In addition to the evidence submitted at initial filing ( HERE LIST one by one what u sent), please find enclosed ( LIST one by one what you are sending) 

Executed and signed under penalty of perjury Xxxxx.  By both ( does not need to be wet signature unless u are both in same place

Hm, okay! I have an affidavit from myself typed up that I was going to get notarized. Should I have the both of us make the statement about the photos through an online notary since he's in Canada at the moment? 

Thank you for  your help! 

You don’t need to Notarize it, just add the “ Under Penalty of Perjury” . ONE STATEMENT signed by both is perfect. You can email it to him, he signs scans and emails it back., u sign and send. 

His signature is the MOST important and doesn’t need to be notarized.or even wet, but  your choice. You can literally just type what I wrote , both of you sign and it serves both as the Response / exhibits and Affidavit. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, EegretTenacious said:

Hotel itinerary and receipt, flight itinerary and receipt, fiance passport stamps. 

Interesting.  We provided just hotel and flight reservations and photos. No RFE for more evidence of physical meeting. But we had met 12 times in the two years prior and I suppose USCIS knew it would be futile if they RFEd for passport stamps,  visas, airline ticket, and hotel receipts.  

3 hours ago, Family said:

You don’t need to Notarize it, just add the “ Under Penalty of Perjury” . ONE STATEMENT signed by both is perfect. You can email it to him, he signs scans and emails it back., u sign and send. 

His signature is the MOST important and doesn’t need to be notarized.or even wet, but  your choice. You can literally just type what I wrote , both of you sign and it serves both as the Response / exhibits and Affidavit. 

I will give that a try, thank you! 

3 hours ago, chi6488 said:

If you met and have NO pictures I would be skeptical as well.  Nothing to treasure the moment??

That's just me.  Good luck

Yeah, we learned the hard way after the borders closed how much it stunk not having any pictures together. Now we have tons but that's after the cutoff, unfortunately. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.