Yuliya Lipina

2022 April I-130 Filers Parents

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, DaryaDel said:

Thanks . Good to hear that there is no such requirement to leave the US and re-enter. Wishing you and your mom a very enjoyable time together. 

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I filed for my mom on April 15 and got an update on May 15th that the case is being actively reviewed. I haven't gotten any more updates since then. But the thing is we had to file an expedite request due to an emergency in August and the request was approved right away. But it's been 4 months already since that and the case is still untouched. I have tried to call and used the online chat feature but they can't tell me anything specific. I'm getting ready to submit form 7001 to the ombudsman and have already contacted the state representatives. Do you guys have any advice what else we could to do speed things up? Have any of you tried to contact the service center directly? Our petition is in Nebraska service center. Thanks for any advice you could give me.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Update:

Mom's petition got approved on January 31. On February 4th was sent to NVC and next day I got the welcome letter. Waiting on the payments to clear now so I can submit all forms and documents.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/16/2023 at 4:37 AM, dattran1116 said:

any approval for 4/2022? I submitted on 04/02/2022 and it is still actively reviewed.

Long wait for Nebraska Center

No approval for me! In December when I logged in It said taking longer than expected but yesterday it is saying 2 weeks until decision is made! 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey all! I filed for my parents on 4/21/22, no updates to the cases yet.

I also noticed that the USCIS processing times estimate changed (for Nebraska at least), it used to say 10.5 months and now it is 14 months...🤷‍♀️

15 hours ago, TroyTray said:

No approval for me! In December when I logged in It said taking longer than expected but yesterday it is saying 2 weeks until decision is made! 

My mother case filed 04/02/2022 at potomac service was APPROVED on 03/29/2023. almost a year for that. Now cant wait for the NVC process. Good luck buddy

9 hours ago, ML12 said:

Hey all! I filed for my parents on 4/21/22, no updates to the cases yet.

I also noticed that the USCIS processing times estimate changed (for Nebraska at least), it used to say 10.5 months and now it is 14 months...🤷‍♀️

My father case filed 04/02/2022 at nebraska service and it still pending. Nebraska used to be the fastest one..but it is bad now. :( good luck

Timeline
9 hours ago, dattran1116 said:

My mother case filed 04/02/2022 at potomac service was APPROVED on 03/29/2023. almost a year for that. Now cant wait for the NVC process. Good luck buddy

My father case filed 04/02/2022 at nebraska service and it still pending. Nebraska used to be the fastest one..but it is bad now. :( good luck

Congratulations on your mother's case being approved! Hopefully soon your father's case will be too.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, dattran1116 said:

Wow, congratulations!! My mom's case filed 02/03/2022 at Potomac service center has not been approved, still waiting....

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi just an update, I had filed for my mother on 4/4/22 .I received the notification that it was approved and sent to nvc 2 days ago. And just received the email from nvc with case no. Hope everyone journey be smooth and successful. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, sofhi said:

Hi just an update, I had filed for my mother on 4/4/22 .I received the notification that it was approved and sent to nvc 2 days ago. And just received the email from nvc with case no. Hope everyone journey be smooth and successful. 

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/4/2023 at 11:18 PM, sofhi said:

👏 Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, Blaga-Tina said:

Update:

Mom's petition got approved on January 31. On February 4th was sent to NVC and next day I got the welcome letter. Waiting on the payments to clear now so I can submit all forms and documents.

Hi Congratulations for your mom's approval. I  have a question . Did you chose an agent or fill up form Ds-261 before paying fees. I paid the fees but forgot to choose an agent and now I am not able to open the tab to choose agent. Any suggestions??

Thank You.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My wife filed for her mother on 07/07/2022. It has been almost 8 months and the case is still not at the NVC stage.

If it's going to take another year to get an interview, then I think that we will file I-134A.

Hello! Filed for my mom online on 4/06/2023 :)

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.