bryanrayford02

Direct Consular Filing (London)

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bryanrayford02 said:

I’m just as curious, but will do.

Extra $120 for what?

The $120 pays for the Affidavit of Support processing.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, bryanrayford02 said:

I’m just as curious, but will do.

Extra $120 for what?

NVC charges 2 fees for family based immigration visas.  $120 is for the review of the affidavit of support, and $325 for the DS-260.  

When the consulate processes your case via DCF, the DS-260 fee still applies, but the Affidavit of Support fee does not apply.  They do not charge extra to review the I-864.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

NVC charges 2 fees for family based immigration visas.  $120 is for the review of the affidavit of support, and $325 for the DS-260.  

When the consulate processes your case via DCF, the DS-260 fee still applies, but the Affidavit of Support fee does not apply.  They do not charge extra to review the I-864.

Is the consulate processing this case, or is NVC going to process it?  That is the burning question....LOL.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

Is the consulate processing this case, or is NVC going to process it?  That is the burning question....LOL.

Yeah, it seems very odd to have the petition sent to NVC for DCF.

15 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Yeah, it seems very odd to have the petition sent to NVC for DCF.

NVC is doing my petition processing, once completed, the Embassy will do my visa processing.That’s directly from the IV unit at the Embassy.

Edited by bryanrayford02

Timeline
4 minutes ago, bryanrayford02 said:

NVC is doing my petition processing, once completed, the Embassy will do my visa processing.

Nope.  NVC does not process or approve petitions.....  They are the National Visa Center.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline

My guess is that the embassy needs NVC to create the case number and invoice number.  But that should only take about a couple of weeks.

Please keep us informed with updates.  If you fill out your timeline it would help others that may do something similar in the future.

8 hours ago, bryanrayford02 said:

The Embassy now only accepts DCF for exceptional circumstances, I’m not sure if I’m waiting for NVC to approve my docs or not. I only submitted the basic I-130 package. Nothing more or less.

Correct and if handled normally those unusual circumstances would have you home in 8 weeks.  As noted, please give us a follow up.

2 hours ago, bryanrayford02 said:

Lol I don’t know what else to say then. Unless I got conflicting information, idk what the hold up would be then.

It’s all good, appreciate your information.  Unfortunately you’re the first (I’ve seen) that got processed this way.  I know you reached out for help but in this case you’re up to fill in some new blanks.  Best of luck to you and your family.  Getting home is a whirlwind.

8 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Well, at least the agonizing USCIS segment was eliminated......

Amen to that 👍

Same for us, I’m USC I applied Feb 3 they accepted or exceptional circumstances to go home and said my husband would have his interview in two weeks but we haven’t heard anything either, I emailed back and they said could take up to 12wks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Here's an update on our case, so we finally received our case number in the mail from the Embassy after 9 weeks. It seems like we needed to get our case created through the NVC in order to proceed on anything else. It looks like everything else is now being completed through the Embassy and I can totally disregard any references to sending documents to the NVC. This is good news!

Was the 9 weeks from the I-130 appointment at the Embassy in London ?  During my spouses (US Citizen) appointment , she was told that the paperwork was accepted. Two weeks later we got official word from our lawyer that the I-130 was approved. Just wondering when the 12 weeks clock starts from🤔

1 hour ago, Pompeyflyer said:

Was the 9 weeks from the I-130 appointment at the Embassy in London ?  During my spouses (US Citizen) appointment , she was told that the paperwork was accepted. Two weeks later we got official word from our lawyer that the I-130 was approved. Just wondering when the 12 weeks clock starts from🤔

We were accepted and approved on the same day, so I’m not really sure. I would think it’ll start from when you’re approved though. But I’m not totally sure. 🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.