2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi  Folks,

Miami field office here. My Vawa case  status changed to New card is being produced on November 11/2021 and  was approved on February 26/2022, same month I received a deficiency notice for my medical exams I-693.

Since then I haven't heard anything from uscis. Is anyone in the same situation like me?. I'm still waiting for a RFE asking for my medical exams or maybe an interview notice but, none of these happen. Any advice?

thanks,

Dany.

Edited by DanyT.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday means time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================
HORSE NOT LOOKING GOOD

A man was driving past a farm one day when he noticed a beautiful horse standing in one of the fields.  Hoping to buy the animal, he stopped and offered the farmer $500 for it.

The farmer said, "Sorry; he's not for sale.  He don't look too good."

The man said, "He looks just fine.  Tell you what -- I'll give you $1,000 for him."

The farmer again said, "Sorry; he's not for sale.  He don't look too good."

The man now really wanted the horse, so he increased his offer to $1,500.  The farmer said, "Well, he don't look too good, but if you want him that much, he's yours."

The man bought the horse and took him home.

The next day, he returned to the farm, hopping mad.  He shouted at the farmer, "Hey -- you cheated me!  You sold me a blind horse!"

The farmer calmly said, "I TOLD you he didn't look too good."
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, Robotics said:

Hi all. Hope everyone doing well. This is my first post here. i got notifications on my I-485 today as ‘correspondence are received and uscis reviewing it’ my vawa is pending for 24 months now. Is it bad? I heard who gets it on their I-360 status means good. Anyone knows anything about it? Thanks. 

VAWA is pending for 24 months that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Most of us here got approved after 26 months. Mine took almost 27 months. So don't worry about that. Just hang in there. 

2 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi  Folks,

Miami field office here. My Vawa case  status changed to New card is being produced on November 11/2021 and  was approved on February 26/2022, same month I received a deficiency notice for my medical exams I-693.

Since then I haven't heard anything from uscis. Is anyone in the same situation like me?. I'm still waiting for a RFE asking for my medical exams or maybe an interview notice but, none of these happen. Any advice?

thanks,

Dany.

I'm waiting since March this year. There is no medical or interview update neither transfer update. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

I'm waiting since March this year. There is no medical or interview update neither transfer update. 

Me three. I360 approved in November 2021. Senator confirmed I485 case transferred to St. Louis field office prior to March 2022. No medical deficiency notice / RFE. They don't notify when case is transferred from NBC to field office.  

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

9 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi  Folks,

thanks,

Dany.

Same here.

New card was produce on March 16

Case approve on March 16

Still haven't received card.

Deficiency notice received on April 26.

Still no update until now

I have friends who Got approved April and wasn't given a Deficiency notice,but received rfe for Medical.

9 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi  Folks,

thanks,

Dany.

I have a similar situation:waiting since fall. They might not send you a transfer notice. 
I contacted my congressman to inquire about my case. After that the case was transferred to the field office, but I still did not receive a notice. The only reason why I know it’s been transferred is because USCIS has said so to the congressman.  You can either wait or inquire with your congress representative. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi  Folks,

thanks,

Dany.

After my deficiency notice, I got nothing until months later when I got interview letter in the mail.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Currently In the process of waiting to get my VAWA and AOS approved. Divorce proceedings is also underway.. lately I’m also starting to date someone else and my question is, is it recommended for me to post photos of me and my new partner on social media and have my relationship status on social media changed to me and my new partner, instead of me and my abuser USC spouse?  

Hello,

I applied for vawa and received EAD/AP have a valid h1b that I am currently using to work. I want to travel and my vawa attorney is recommending to travel on vawa Advance parole and instead of my h1b. He says if i re-enter on h1b, I will abandon my vawa i485 application and so does one more lawyer but I have a valid status (h1b). I consulted with one other attorney and she said since I already have a valid status I should be able to travel on my h1b visa without abandoning my i485 through vawa. I also read on CBP site (link below) that I can travel on h1b visa with approved AP on based on pending 485. Anyone in the same situation ? please help . 

#vawa #h1b #advanceparole

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/advance-parole

38 minutes ago, vawa2022 said:

Hello,

I applied for vawa and received EAD/AP have a valid h1b that I am currently using to work. I want to travel and my vawa attorney is recommending to travel on vawa Advance parole and instead of my h1b. He says if i re-enter on h1b, I will abandon my vawa i485 application and so does one more lawyer but I have a valid status (h1b). I consulted with one other attorney and she said since I already have a valid status I should be able to travel on my h1b visa without abandoning my i485 through vawa. I also read on CBP site (link below) that I can travel on h1b visa with approved AP on based on pending 485. Anyone in the same situation ? please help . 

is there a reason you don't want to just use the AP? 

I didn't have h1b but i had an f1. Used it till it expired then moved to AP but I also never mentioned the AP/vawa application to them at the border at all. 

Edited by Ballerina

6 minutes ago, Ballerina said:

is there a reason you don't want to just use the AP? 

Hi, I don't have a solid reason besides just to keep H1b going until vawa is approved. I just have lot of anxiety about this matter even though my lawyer says I have a strong vawa case etc.. I have no criminal history or any inadmissible on any grounds, I have PF approved as well. I never filed for marriage based GC with my spouse i130

Edited by vawa2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, vawa2022 said:

Hello,

Hello,

I used to have both H1B and AP. I used H1b to enter the country during COVID travel restrictions during April 2020. I used AP to board the flight but at CBP I used H1b to enter the country. I was keeping AP just a backup for H1b. I personally recommend using H1b visa to enter the country and as other people said you can start using AP once your H1b is expired. I also believe you shouldn't have any problem entering the country using either one.  

Spoiler

Progress related to Form I-130

01/15/2021 - Received date for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131
01/21/2021 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

01/23/2021 - Received notices for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131

02/05/2021 - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-765 were taken.

04/13/2021 - I-693 Deficiency Notice

05/24/2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485 for an interview.

06/17/2021 - We received your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was assigned to an officer for response for Form I-765.

06/23/2021 - We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was completed for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We approved your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485.

07/18/2021 - We sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time for Form I-131. 

07/28/2021 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

07/29/2021 - We approved your Form I-765 with 2 year validity. We approved your Form I-131 with 2 year validity.

07/30/2021 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us.

08/02/2021 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Form I-765.

08/05/2021 - Initial interview for Form I-485. Spouse also attended but separated. Told IO that I-360 was filed. Did not take any evidence to prove the marriage is valid so later got a RFE

08/11/2021 - Request for evidence to prove bonafide marriage and form I-130A and I-693. 

08/19/2021 - Submitted the RFE directly to Field office. 

08/24/2021 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, was completed for Form I-131.
Progress related to Form I-360

06/17/2021 - Mailed Form I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/25/2021 - We received your Form I-485, Form I-131, Form I-765.

06/29/2021 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360

06/29/2021 - Received notices for I-360,  I-485, I-765, I-131

07/22/2021 - Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-360 have been applied to your case

08/05/2021 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 1 year. Expiry 08/05/2022

02/26/2022 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

03/01/2022 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us. We approved your Form I-765 validity for 2 years and combo card. We approved your Form I-131.

03/02/2022 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

07/28/2022 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 01/24/2023

01/18/2023 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 07/17/2023

01/28/2023 - Mailed Form I-765, I-131 for renewal in C09P

02/09/2023 - We received your Form I-131, Form I-765.

03/01/2023 - Received notices for I-765, I-131. We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, I-131

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.