2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
3 hours ago, melissa.w said:

Hello friends,
I want to share my story. Some of you old folks may remember me from 2017. Filed Vawa in Jan 2017 by myself. I was begging to the lawers to help me, I was ready to give them money for just a hope, but no one took my case, (NY) because I had not enough proof for being together with my exhusband. I filed by myself in January 2017 and after 4,5 years got approved. All I want to say is don't lose hope. If I got approved with my weak case, everyone can.  Timeline: 
January 2017 - Sent Vawa.
May 2019 - Sent 485/765 (got EAD and started living life) 
June 2021 - Vawa approved.
September 2021 - Fingerprints 
April 2022 - Medicals drop off (have only 1 dose of Covid Vaccine) 
April 14, 2022 - Green Card Approved. 
Don't lose hope. 

Congratulations on your approval. i am in Queens NYC,my vawa was approved in april 2021 got biometrics Appointment in October 2021, waiting since then.

Did you contact your congressman's office or USCIS just sent you RFE for medicals by itself??

It's been nearly 12 months, I still haven't received my EAD renewal 😰

The agony is too F-ing real. My status has been stuck like this since May 28, 2021.....  I have submitted all kinds of inquires, I do not know what else can I do? 😰😰 I NEED my driver's license and I need to WORK!!

As of May 28, 2021, fingerprints relating to your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Numberxx , have been applied to your case. 

Edited by vawa2020

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

can you tell us why your case is weak? what did you submit ?

I had not much proof of living together. Submitted almost everything what I had to,  never submit a psychological report or background check. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, Mkenyan said:

Hi, I'm in similar situation like you. I wrote emails to several Congressmans, Ombudsman, and Senator.

Today I got an email or a response from USCIS through Congressman, saying that: "Security Background check" is delaying the process.

I submitted my I-360 application on June 2019 and to this day I don't have work authorization (EAD).

Anyone reading this, please give us an advice, opinion, testimony or any help  possible to resolve this monster called "delay." Myself I'm not a criminal.

FBI background check doesn't have to take 3 years on a person who has never committed anything, not in any gangs or broke any law anywhere in this world. I have never ever-ever-ever been arrested since I was a kid to my age.

Last month I was sued by credit companies. I lost everything I ever owned.

So how will the approval in my late 50s+ or 60s+ or say when I'm finally dead because of depression be of any assistance to me??

This is so frustrating!! I have been praying and fasting until I lost hope....I'm so depressed..it hurts alot to be dependent on other's or became a beggar and a burden because of........

Any help please??? 

As it has been stated in previous threads.  FBI background check and Security bankground check are two different things.  Security background check is something that presented in your background check that they need to investivage further.  There is no timeframe for them to complete this.  I have seen people in background checks 2- 3 years before they are cleared.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/22/2022 at 4:25 AM, Mira20 said:

Hello all, I received a notice to send in my medicals to my local office.

please any guidance on where to have this done around Newark would be appreciated. My Primary doctor seems not to know much about the process and the medical tests involved.

https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

On 3/24/2022 at 12:00 PM, Family said:

Nice Job , you won on defective NTA ! Take Termination and Run was sound decision …discretion comes and goes real fast . 
Given that you feed in the I-485 you are IN CLEAR waters to TRY option  modified option 2 at no risk and even relax and travel on ur I-131….YOU have a pending I-485 being sent from EOIR to USCIS.

Title the Packet “ Supplemental Filing to I-485xxxx and Urgent Request for Humanitarian Discretion “ 

Basically get a copy of the I-485 feed in receipt, forms  I-485 ( that was in MTR), copy of I-864W ( if was not in MTR, make a new one , no need to backdate), copy of approved I-360 ,  copy of pending I-765 I-131 , Order to Terminate and  send to Local Field Office Director . 

Make an infopass about 2 weeks later and though u are there to make the case for an I-131 expedite, you now have contact w human who CAN see where ur I-485 file is, can request the file ( or plead ur case to a supervisor)…AND carry a copy of what you mailed to Director . Express your fear of problems at Re entry AND see if it works to speed up the I-485.

You did a Bang Up Job !!!!!! Hope you also keep sharing your experience/ knowledge w those in removal and VAWA 

@Family-This weekend a received a packet in the mail. USCIS returned my packet with a cover letter stating: The status of this service request is: We received your request for expedited processing, regarding you I-485 application, which was filed with the Motion to reopen. Together with your request, you included a copy of the Order of the Immigration Judge, granting the termination of removal proceedings. Below is a summary of what we found on how the issue has been or may be resolved. We are returning your packet of documents to you and advise that you contact our USCIS Customer Service Contact Center.

My request was not to expedite the I-485. I am debating returning the packet but not sure how to explain exactly what I'm requesting. At least I know I mailed it to the right place. 

Also today is day 30 and no call from a tier 2 agent thus far...

14 minutes ago, Pens said:

Also today is day 30 and no call from a tier 2 agent

Likely they will return it again. Get that info pass to expedite I-131 .. and see if you can find out what Service Center has the I-485 and you can try “ supplemental filing “ of I-864 W  ( only , no mention of AP$ ) w Service Center . Worst case they return it and say not here

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Family said:

Likely they will return it again. Get that info pass to expedite I-131 .. and see if you can find out what Service Center has the I-485 and you can try “ supplemental filing “ of I-864 W  ( only , no mention of AP$ ) w Service Center . Worst case they return it and say not here

I'm going to contact USCIS contact center tomorrow since 30 days would have passed by then. Do you know what I should say to get an Infopass appointment? I'm worried they'll deny my request. 

As far as "supplemental filing" of I-864 W, should I send this before the appointment? To the same Field office director at the Honolulu Field Office? 

Thank you for your help

13 minutes ago, Family said:

I know…and the last time I dealt with exactly your scenario , the Field Office Director resolved by requesting the I-485 file..so keep at it. 

Okay. I'll keep trying

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.