2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hello fam 

The attorney mailed my original approval notice to me with USPS and I have the tracking number. The mail has been stuck in LA for 5 days now and USPS seems to have no clue where exactly the mail is. They keep telling me I can request for a refund after 10 days if I don’t receive the mail. 

If USPS loses my mail, how can I get another original notice? How long will it take USCIS to issue me another approval notice? Do I have to pay anything for USCIS to give me another original approval notice? 

im worried it will take so long for USCIS to mail another notice, or if I have to file any form or request that will take a long time

I feel like crying rn, I’ve waited so long to get this approval notice and a step towards the end. Unfortunately USPS is not a reliable service 

hopefully attorney made a copy.  In order to get USCIS to issue another approval notice, there is a fee.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

I don't think you will have a problem because of what you said.

Yeah I hope I dnt ..I will just keep my fingers crossed and be ready for any thing that comes out of it ,I will hope for the best ..thank God I have no felony so I should be good 🤣🤣🤣

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mkenyan said:

Hi, I'm in similar situation like you. I wrote emails to several Congressmans, Ombudsman, and Senator.

Today I got an email or a response from USCIS through Congressman, saying that: "Security Background check" is delaying the process.

I submitted my I-360 application on June 2019 and to this day I don't have work authorization (EAD).

Anyone reading this, please give us an advice, opinion, testimony or any help  possible to resolve this monster called "delay." Myself I'm not a criminal.

FBI background check doesn't have to take 3 years on a person who has never committed anything, not in any gangs or broke any law anywhere in this world. I have never ever-ever-ever been arrested since I was a kid to my age.

Last month I was sued by credit companies. I lost everything I ever owned.

So how will the approval in my late 50s+ or 60s+ or say when I'm finally dead because of depression be of any assistance to me??

This is so frustrating!! I have been praying and fasting until I lost hope....I'm so depressed..it hurts alot to be dependent on other's or became a beggar and a burden because of........

Any help please??? 

It’s so difficult to bear but you just have to be strong ..dnt let green card stress overwhelm you ,is not really worth it trust me ..that card would not even be buried with you when you pass away so dnt let it bother you too much ,as long as you doing what is right on your case just take off your mind from the case and do the needful ..I have realized that green card will want to tear you apart if care is not taken ..that’s why I stopped really caring long time ..I just do my best and leave everything to God ..dnt make yourself feel too bad for a very long time on green card ,you can be down for a while it’s normal but dnt let it affect you or get to you too much or get to you  cuz green card is not the key to heaven 🤣🤣🤣is good to have green card but dnt break down before it arrives ,this is how I advise people on here and they always get relieved,the last person I advised was given fraud charges on his marriage and at the end he won ..immigration will want to tear you apart and break you down mentally you should be the one that will not give yourself to them .,as long as you are not a terrorist or drug dealer ..just relax everything will be fine …life is not perfect but with patience and calm mint you will always overcome ,you can worry but dnt worry too much ..all you need is positive energy!! Calmness and patience brings best result !! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I recently got my passport renewed. I currently have my I-131 Advanced Parole Document, which is still valid for another 11 months. The paralegal at my attorneys office is suggesting I get a stamp (potentially an I-551 Stamp). Can anyone who has gone through this situation before advise me on the best course of action in this circumstance?

6 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Update on my interview.

I went this morning. My interviewer asked me to go through my I-485 and we went through it. She took my Medical and ask me to file I-864W (Affidavit for family-based immigrants to show that they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to become a public charge)I filed it. And told me they will send me their decision via Mail. I will let you know once I heard back from them. My filling date was

November 2017

I-360 approval September 2019

Interview April 22/2022

May God be with you all. Thank you very much for your support. This Forum meant a lot for me on this process. 

@Shroy123

25 minutes ago, CDIRL said:

I recently got my passport renewed. I currently have my I-131 Advanced Parole Document, which is still valid for another 11 months. The paralegal at my attorneys office is suggesting I get a stamp (potentially an I-551 Stamp). Can anyone who has gone through this situation before advise me on the best course of action in this circumstance?

I don't know the stamp but I have renewed my passport and the interviewer just saw it as a picture ID. Nothing more. This is only my experience. 

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

hopefully attorney made a copy.  In order to get USCIS to issue another approval notice, there is a fee.

We both have copies. Do you know how much is the fee and what form I have to submit? And how long it takes to get another original approval notice? 

3 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

I don't know the stamp but I have renewed my passport and the interviewer just saw it as a picture ID. Nothing more. This is only my experience. 

In the absence of a physical GC that stamp works otherwise if you have your GC you really don’t need it. The stamp is a permanent resident status proof.👍

6 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Update on my interview.

I went this morning. My interviewer asked me to go through my I-485 and we went through it. She took my Medical and ask me to file I-864W (Affidavit for family-based immigrants to show that they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to become a public charge)I filed it. And told me they will send me their decision via Mail. I will let you know once I heard back from them. My filling date was

November 2017

I-360 approval September 2019

Interview April 22/2022

May God be with you all. Thank you very much for your support. This Forum meant a lot for me on this process. 

Somehow missed this. Anyways we’re all expecting to hear the good news! Congratulations are in order!🎊🎉🥳

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

My question is about traveling abroad with my Advanced parole document. I am still pending a decision on my I-360. This is my 2nd AP, but I have not traveled outside the country since filing my initial I-485

11 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

Also in response to CDIRL, you can travel if you have a pending i485. Was wondering where the green card question was seeping in from… anyways be sure you have no charges against you…criminal records et al. That would have an adverse impact on the returning end. Be safe and best wishes!👍

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also in response to CDIRL, you can travel if you have a pending i485. Was wondering where the green card question was seeping in from… anyways be sure you have no charges against you…criminal records et al. That would have an adverse impact on the returning end. Be safe and best wishes!👍

I appreciate it. Thankfully, im a law abiding citizen, and have never been in trouble haha. Im hoping that I can speak to my lawyer on Monday and get clarification on whether I need some form of stamp or not to travel with my new passport and AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

I don't think you will have a problem because of what you said.

@sandraj am thinking ahead of time, how can I overcome these blunder on my i485 before interview. i just realised i made the same mistake. 

Hello.

The C31 card was approved and on the fourth day the status was changed so that the case was reopened for reconsideration and a notice was sent.  Half a year has passed and neither the message nor the card has arrived and wasn’t sent the notice for reopened.   When I contacted Vermont one of the officers replied that the case was delayed because the security check had not been completed and therefore the case was not ready to make a decision.  They can’t move forward until the security check is completed.  After the change of status, they were sent to the third prima facie and renewed work permit .

Is it really possible?  That the card was approved and no longer sent to me because there wasn’t completed security check if it was just a reason and the officer changed his mind and had to reject the case.  Please tell me something to do, imagine what it feels like to be in this situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.