Emily8460

1-129F K3 cover letter/tips

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi! Has anyone completed an 1-129F K3 application lately with tips and has a cover letter they can share. I see many online but am not sure. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm this is all thats needed? 

Cover Letter (please send an example!!) 

Copy I-130 Transfer notice ( we were never notified by mail or online BUT when spoke to someone they said we were transfered from Nebraska to Texas)

Form I-129F

Passport photo US citizen 

Passport photo spouse 

Copy of birth certificate us citizen (does this need to be new?)

Copy of NOA1

Marriage certificate (translated) 

THANK YOU ALL! We are in this crazy journey together! 

The biggest tip you will likely get is to not do the K3. Because the K3 is dead. There are practically no K3s being completed anymore. For a few years now the K3 has been dying down dramatically to almost non-existence. 

You are better focusing your efforts on the spousal visa instead. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

The biggest tip you will likely get is to not do the K3. Because the K3 is dead. There are practically no K3s being completed anymore. For a few years now the K3 has been dying down dramatically to almost non-existence. 

You are better focusing your efforts on the spousal visa instead. 

My husband follows facebook pages and many couples are quickly getting NOA2 after submitting the k3. Our application is "under review." So some say the K3 brings your application to their attention. 

7 minutes ago, Emily8460 said:

My husband follows facebook pages and many couples are quickly getting NOA2 after submitting the k3. Our application is "under review." So some say the K3 brings your application to their attention. 

We know. It is the doing the K3 trick to try to speed up the process. It worked for a short while about a year ago. But you know what happens when so many people start doing. After a while they catch on and close the loop.

As of now, it is anecdotal and there has not been any recent word on if it has been success. Maybe minor sporadic instances at best.

The decision is yours if you want to go that route. Just giving you a heads up. Just keep your expectations in check.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
Just now, Unlockable said:

We know. It is the doing the K3 trick to try to speed up the process. It worked for a short while about a year ago. But you know what happens when so many people start doing. After a while they catch on and close the loop.

As of now, it is anecdotal and there has not been any recent word on if it has been success. Maybe minor sporadic instances at best.

The decision is yours if you want to go that route. Just giving you a heads up. Just keep your expectations in check.

Yep, I appreciate that. I still will do it because I want to aid it in anyway I can and wanted help with it.  BUT I do appreciate your words :) 

BTW, if you check the threads in this section of the forum (K3 section), you can see it is not very active. It was at one point. But there have not been many new postings or new threads. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If the K3 made the process faster it would show an approved K3 

so,  check the stats about approved visas per class and embassy under IV 

I searched and could not see a K3 approved visa 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

i would suspect those who think it helped their case actually were about to receive a NOA2 anyway

3 hours ago, Emily8460 said:

Hi! Has anyone completed an 1-129F K3 application lately with tips and has a cover letter they can share. I see many online but am not sure. Thanks!

Copy I-130 Transfer notice ( we were never notified by mail or online BUT when spoke to someone they said we were transfered from Nebraska to Texas)

Form I-129F

Passport photo spouse 

Copy of NOA1

I typed a simple cover letter which stated we were applying for K3 under Family Unity Act, I130 filing date and case number, and I130 NOA1 date.  A copy of the NOA1 (I130) is a required attachment anyway.

This was awhile back, and we may be the last wave to actually get a K3.  Out I130/I129F approvals were received same day and instead of the I130 moving through the I129F went through the process to the embassy triggering an AOS after US entry.

Birth certificate does not have to be new.

AOS is a pain, but we had no work emergencies so it didn’t matter to us.  We did have to wait for an EAD to get a SS number but were able to get a drivers license at the time on the K3 and pending I485 NOA.   Unlike a K1 a K3 is good for multi-entry travel for a year after US entry, so AP is not an issue.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Unlockable is right! If I had to do it all over again, I will never go to K3 route. The hassle of gathering the papers, the waiting and the applications once here in the USA. 

I think once married; the best way is always Cr1 route. I guess we do not really have to let you know because you already started it. I will just say Congratulations and just hang on tight until everything is settled. My kind regardsm NG

10 hours ago, Emily8460 said:

Form I-129F

Passport photo spouse 

Copy of NOA1

Cover letter should just be what you've written here. 

A page detailing all the documents you've submitted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This' a sample fianace letter of intent that you can personalize/adapt and submit with the filing of your form I-129 application - https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Edited by MXcompadre
typo

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 10:10 PM, Emily8460 said:

Yep, I appreciate that. I still will do it because I want to aid it in anyway I can and wanted help with it.  BUT I do appreciate your words :) 

Hey, did it work for you? Did your I-130 get approved before or after your I-129f NOA1? 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Pleasework89 said:

Hey, did it work for you? Did your I-130 get approved before or after your I-129f NOA1? 

It definitely helped. We submitted NOA1 then 2 moths later k3. We got approved with NOA2 3 weeks later after submitting k3 but got a denial letter so it was rejected we think it speed up the process 100%. Definitely do it. Worth a try. 

55 minutes ago, Pleasework89 said:

Thank you so much for your first hand knowledge. I know that not all cases are the same but my case was transferred to Potomac...to the SLOWEST service center for I-130 processing time. 

There is a Facebook group called Potomac Filers (or something like that) and people were saying last year the K3 only worked for that SC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.