Emily8460

1-129F K3 cover letter/tips

19 posts in this topic

I am on that Facebook group and there are some k3 filers who got their I-130 approved...recently. All that matters to me is not being separated from my spouse. I am currently with him overseas. I am trying every and anything possible. It doesn't hurt to try this. The k3 is meant to shorten the separation between spouses. 

1 hour ago, Pleasework89 said:

I am on that Facebook group and there are some k3 filers who got their I-130 approved...recently. All that matters to me is not being separated from my spouse. I am currently with him overseas. I am trying every and anything possible. It doesn't hurt to try this. The k3 is meant to shorten the separation between spouses. 

When do you have to leave the country? Hopefully you will get approved soon. But, be aware after your I-130 is approved you need to make sure all your documents for NVC are perfect. Review at NVC is currently taking about 80 days.

Then (if I remember correctly you are in China?)... 

Looking at this timeline

Documents submitted end of December so they were probably DQ'd mid March/late March. 

Interview letter sent April 25, 2022. And Interview will be held June 7, 2022. You are looking at maybe 6 months after your receive your NOA2. So, either try to extend your visa in China or apply for an expedite at NVC stage, too. The second most recent interview in China also took about 6 months from NVC to Interview and that included expedite requests. 

Good luck! 

Edited by ROK2USA

2 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

When do you have to leave the country? Hopefully you will get approved soon. But, be aware after your I-130 is approved you need to make sure all your documents for NVC are perfect. Review at NVC is currently taking about 80 days.

Then (if I remember correctly you are in China?)... 

Looking at this timeline

Documents submitted end of December so they were probably DQ'd mid March/late March. 

Interview letter sent April 25, 2022. And Interview will be held June 7, 2022. You are looking at maybe 6 months after your receive your NOA2. So, either try to extend your visa in China or apply for an expedite at NVC stage, too.  The second most recent China timeline requested an expedite so their DQ to interview is a lot quicker. 

Good luck! 

My visa expires next month. It seems that nowadays there is always the possibility of a lock down so it might just get extended without going to renew it for a while. We have a kid with questionable dual citizenship that we need to resolve how to get an exit permit to travel out. We have gathered everything for the nvc stage even if worst case scenario we are a year plus away. My mom is our joint sponsor, she already filed taxes, emailed me her tax returns along with w2 and her monthly paystub for this current year. Our biggest concern is having his k3 or I130 processed before his passport expires because they won't reissue passports here...there is an official statement out there. And there is now an official statement claiming they are not tearing lpr cards or passports...which my husband seems to think might be an admission in it of itself.

And thanks for the advice. I will definitely request an expedite for the nvc too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 11:30 PM, Emily8460 said:

It definitely helped. We submitted NOA1 then 2 moths later k3. We got approved with NOA2 3 weeks later after submitting k3 but got a denial letter so it was rejected we think it speed up the process 100%. Definitely do it. Worth a try. 

Hi I'm actually in the process of filing out the I-129, this is good to hear!

Just to confirm you received the denial letter by mail I am assuming and shortly after three weeks you got the NOA2?

Thanks

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - Filed I-130 online

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

Case Is Actively Being Reviewed Since 2.27.22

5.27.22 - K3 Received

6.1.22 - K3 Receipt Notice (California Service Center)

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

7.14.23 - Interview Letter Received

9.21.23 - Visa Approved (CR1 Interview)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.