Kristi&Luigi

Do I need more supporting documents?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

we are getting ready to file my husbands i-751. I have the packet ready and was wondering if you guys can help me with figuring out if it looks complete or if I need to include more evidence etc. 

Here's what it looks like so far: 

-Money orders for biometrics and filing fee. (we have yet to do this, do we need 2 separate money orders? or add them up into 1?) 

-cover letter

-i-751 completed and signed

-2 passport style photos (do we need these?) 

-copy of his conditional gc front and back

Evidence:

-2019 and 2020 taxes filed jointly

-36 photos with my husband and I spanning between when we first met until this x-mas

-copy of marriage cert

-e-tickets of our trip to his home country from 2019 (both ways) with both our names in it

-e-tickets of our trip to his home country from 2020 (one way, cant seem to find the ones for the way back)

This is all  we have so far for evidence. We live in a rented apartment that's owned by my brother so we don't really have official leasing etc. and don't own a car. We don't really have any join accounts either. 

I read that some people include affidavits from friends/family regarding the relationship. Do you think we need to do this? 

Is what I have so far enough evidence? Or do we need to do more digging? 

It is very little, you need more, focused on financial commingling and shared residence.

What about retirement plan, healthcare? Driver's license? Credit card? 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

36 pictures seem too much 

You need something proving that you need together and there's nothing here. Do you have driver's license with the address or bills on your name/address?

Do you have each other on 401k or life insurance?

I don't see what the trips to visit his family show in this? 

Edited by Coco8

Some that you can add (if you have it):

Joint Bank Account 

Lease contract (or any proof of your living situation)

Health Insurance 

Dental insurance 

Car insurance 

Car lease/ownership 

Joint Credit card

Edited by PaulaCJohnny

Timeline
3 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

It is very little, you need more, focused on financial commingling and shared residence.

What about retirement plan, healthcare? Driver's license? Credit card? 

Currently not employed due to the covid setback. We were also overseas for about 6 months not long ago so that delayed the jobs finding. Neither of us drive and we keep our credit carts separate. can i just add him to mine now? or is it too late?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Coco8 said:

36 pictures seem too much 

You need something proving that you need together and there's nothing here. Do you have driver's license with the address or bills on your name/address?

Do you have each other on 401k or life insurance?

I don't see what the trips to visit his family show in this? 

how many photos should i go for? is it ok if its separate documents with our address? or we need one document that has both our names and addresses? 

currently don't have a 401k

i thought travel and reservations are a good indication that we are together? since we traveled together both times

6 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

how many photos should i go for? is it ok if its separate documents with our address? or we need one document that has both our names and addresses? 

currently don't have a 401k

i thought travel and reservations are a good indication that we are together? since we traveled together both times

I would only put recent photos. You have photos from when you met but that was relevant for K1. Maybe just put 4 or 5 photos with a blurb.

Neither of us drive 

Then get a state ID. At least it will have your address on it.

can i just add him to mine now? or is it too late?

I mean, you have to do something. You don't have anything.

Maybe add a letter from your brother saying that he lets you live in his property, because you don't have a formal lease.

20 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Currently not employed due to the covid setback. We were also overseas for about 6 months not long ago so that delayed the jobs finding. Neither of us drive and we keep our credit carts separate. can i just add him to mine now? or is it too late?

If you don't have much of the suggested evidence -healthcare, mortgage, lease, etc.-, include a letter explaining in detail why. 

Include all the documents you can find where both names appear. 

To prove you have a common residence, include any document with name and address -ID, memberships, mail-.

Ask your brother for a letter explaining the rental agreement.

Pictures are unfortunately irrelevant and some agents do not even consider them as evidence. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thats way too little evidence.

Include a letter from the owner of the apartment, preferably notarized, saying that you live together there. 
Pictures are irrelevant if other important documentation is missing.

Joint credit cards.

Joint utility bills.

Emergency contact info from doctors visit, etc 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

Here’s what my package looks like so far. Feel free to take some ideas: 

February 4th, 2022

USCIS 

Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)

1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S

Suite 100 

Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Conditional Resident (Petitioner) : xxxx xxxxxxxxx- SSN:xxxxxxxxxxDOB: xxxxxxxxxxx

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

xxxx xxxxxxxx SSN: 1- 1656 DOB: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find enclosed  a joint Form I-751 and materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my wife, xxxx xxxxxxx. USCIS granted xxxx xxxxxxxxher conditional permanent residence on April 29, 2020.

The materials, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since marriage (May 17, 2019), are organized in exhibits A- P and tab dividers for your convenience. 

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxx                                                                                                                      xxxx xxxxxxxxx

Table of Contents

Exhibit A: FORM I-751

Original xxxxxxxxBank Personal Check, in the amount of $680.00 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee

Enlarged copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (Permanent Resident Card)

Original Form I-751 filled and signed by xxxx and xxxx 

Addendum I and II to Form I-751

Copy of form G-1145.

Exhibit B: MARRIAGE

Copy of certified marriage certificate between xxxx and xxxx, showing marriage on May 17, 2019 in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Exhibit 😄 COHABITATION

Copy of Owners Title Insurance Policy with original recorded warranty deed for the property located at xxxxxxxx

Copy of American Land Title Association Settlement Statement showing xxxx and xxxx as buyers of the property situated at xxxxxxxx. 

Copy of Veterans United pre- approval letter showing xxxx and xxxx as pre-approved for a home loan. Dated: Jun 18, 2021 Signed by Kris Ball (Loan Officer) 

Copies of xxxx xxxxxxx and xxxx xxxxxx current drivers’ licenses showing joint residence at xxxxxxxx

Copies of xxxx xxxxxand xxxxxxxxxx old drivers’ licenses showing joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copy of xxxx Knotts’s updated Argentinian ID listing address at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Spectrum (Internet) monthly statements showing xxxx as responsible for paying gas and electricity in our joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Columbia Gas of Ohio monthly statements showing xxxx as responsible for paying gas in our joint residence atxxxxxxxx

Copy of lease agreement listing us as joint tenants at previous address (xxxxxxxxxx), beginning May 28, 2019 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until May 31, 2022. 

Copy of xxxx xxxxx old argentinian ID listing address at xxxxxxxxxx

Copy of Horace Mann Insurance Company new business declaration listing us as jointly covered under renters’ insurance policy number xxxxxxx  for our residence at xxxxxxxxxxxx. Effective date: 02/02/2021. Expiration date: 02/02/2022.

Copy of appointment reminder from veterinary addressed to both of us.

Exhibit 😧 TAX RETURNS- STATE TAXES- PROPERTY TAXES

Copies of joint IRS tax returns for 2020 and 2021.

Copy of 2021 and 2022  Monongalia County Personal Property Return filed jointly.

2020 and 2021 joint West Virginia Tax receipts.

Exhibit E: FINANCIAL COMMINGLING

Copies of quarterly bank statements of our joint checking account (with United Bank) since inception of the accounts on 04/19/2019 to closing of the account on xx/xx/xxxx,, showing various financial co-mingling such as Veteran United payments, rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, grocery shopping etc.

Copy of Chase Deposit Account Balance summary showing us as joint owners of the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account ending in 6235. Dated 10/30/2021.

Exhibit F: JOINT MORTGAGE STATEMENTS, UTILITIES, AND VET BILLS.

Veterans United joint mortgage statements from August 2021 to January /2022

Copies of the city of Southwest Licking Community Water & Sewer District statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying water in our joint residence xxxxxxxxx 

Copies of AEP (Electric Company) monthly statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying the electric bill in our joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Local Waste Services monthly statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying the trash pick up in our joint residence at xxxxxxxx

Copies veterinary bills showing us as jointly responsible for paying the veterinary bill

Copy of note from landlord in Morgantown stating he was responsible for paying the utilities on the property rented at xxxxxxxxx  for the time period we lived there.

Exhibit G:  JOINT HEALTH AND LIFE INSURANCE OVER THE YEARS.

Copy of xxxx’s current life insurance underwritten by Principal Life Insurance company listing xxxx as beneficiary of this insurance. 

Copy of current  dental/ vision insurance (with Principal), via xxxx’s current employer, showing us both covered under the same insurance plan. Effective date: 08/09/2021.

Copy of current United Health Care insurance, via xxxx’s current employer, showing us both covered under the same insurance plan.

Public Employees Insurance Agency certification letter showing xxxx as policy holder and xxxx as covered by this insurance. 

Copy of xxxx’s life insurance underwritten by United Omaha Life Insurance Company designating spouse xxxx as beneficiary.

Copy of previous health insurance cards (Independence), via xxxx former employer (xxxxx), showing us both covered under the same (former) insurance plan.

EXHIBIT H: Special Permissions

One Point of Care (OPOC.US) authorization for use and disclosure of private health information, providing authorization on behalf of xxxx to disclose private health information and listing xxxx as spouse.

Exhibit H:  JOINT RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS

Copy of xxxx  Individual Retirement Account from Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIIA) beneficiary designation letter? listing xxxx as beneficiary of the account.

Copy of West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board Pre- Retirement Beneficiary Designation showing xxxx as member, and xxxx as beneficiary of the account. 

Exhibit I:  JOINT VEHICLE AND HOME INSURANCE.

Copy of xxxx ’s xxxxxxx Vehicle Insurance Card showing xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxxx . Effective date: 08/18/2021. Expiration date: 02/18/2022.

Copy of xxxx’s Vehicle Insurance Card showing xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxx . Effective date: 08/20/2021. Expiration date: 08/20/2022/ 

Copy of Progressive Home Advantage Insurance policy statement listing our joint residence at xxxxxx . Policy number: xxxxx. Covered from July 23, 2021 to July 23, 2022. 

Copy of AAA (American Automobile Association) joint statement with a payment date of 11/16/2021.

Copy of xxxx xxxx Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number:xxxxxx. Covered from February 10, 2020  to July 9,2020.

Copy of xxxx xxxx State Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxxx. Covered from July 09, 2020  to January 09,2021.

Copy of xxxx xxxxxx State Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxx. Covered from January 09, 2021  to July 9,2021.

Exhibit K: JOINT MEMBERSHIPS

Copies of Sam’s membership listing xxxx xxxxx as a complimentary member of the account.

Exhibit L: TRIPS TAKEN TOGETHER

Flight reservations for our (postponed due to COVID) trip to Argentina in July 2020.

EXHIBIT M: EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:

West Virginia University Outpatient Face Sheet for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Family Vision Clinic patient sheet  for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Paylocity profile for xxxx, listing husband xxxx as emergency contact.

Orthopedic ONE Patient Information sheet  for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Exhibit N: PICTURES

Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years

Copy of wedding pics.

Include some of everyday pics already sent with AOS.

Exhibit O: 

Copies of greeting cards, letters and packages from family and friends addressed to us throughout the years

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

thought travel and reservations are a good indication that we are together? since we traveled together both times

Not really. I can travel with a friend.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You do not have nearly enough. In addition to what has been mentioned you can send:
mobile phone bills showing both of you on account

joint utility bills

life insurance showing each other as beneficiary

wills 
photocopies of state ID/drivers license showing shared address

You can send affidavits but they don't mean much nor do pictures. At this point you NEED to find a way to get more evidence or it will be an uphill climb.

Best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Hello everyone, 

we are getting ready to file my husbands i-751. I have the packet ready and was wondering if you guys can help me with figuring out if it looks complete or if I need to include more evidence etc. 

Here's what it looks like so far: 

-Money orders for biometrics and filing fee. (we have yet to do this, do we need 2 separate money orders? or add them up into 1?) 

-cover letter

-i-751 completed and signed

-2 passport style photos (do we need these?) 

-copy of his conditional gc front and back

Evidence:

-2019 and 2020 taxes filed jointly

-36 photos with my husband and I spanning between when we first met until this x-mas

-copy of marriage cert

-e-tickets of our trip to his home country from 2019 (both ways) with both our names in it

-e-tickets of our trip to his home country from 2020 (one way, cant seem to find the ones for the way back)

This is all  we have so far for evidence. We live in a rented apartment that's owned by my brother so we don't really have official leasing etc. and don't own a car. We don't really have any join accounts either. 

I read that some people include affidavits from friends/family regarding the relationship. Do you think we need to do this? 

Is what I have so far enough evidence? Or do we need to do more digging? 

i would recommend showing that you are sharing finances,

here is some extras i would put

- Lease Agreement

- Loans with both names on it

- Credit Cards with each others name on it

- Home/Car Insurance

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

9 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

thank you for the advice. should i include the letters of affidavit from friends / family? 

Considering how little you have, yes, include them. Must be sworn and preferably notarized. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.