amarsolo

N400 informally separate

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone .

I submitted my application this month and i recieved a letter from the USCIS saying that its not necessary for you to appear for biometric cause they used my previous one and the fee will not be refunded ,

Is that a comun thing , and is that going to speed up the process

Thx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No,   as the photo they take at the biometrics appointment is the one they use on the natutaliziaton certificate 

it is for AOS and other proceedures

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, amarsolo said:

Hello everyone .

I submitted my application this month and i recieved a letter from the USCIS saying that its not necessary for you to appear for biometric cause they used my previous one and the fee will not be refunded ,

Thx

When they did this to me they took 4 months off, so it went from 18 months to 14 months.

you might get an interview even sooner but no guarantee as some have waited over a year and half or more, then their is people who got their interview in less then 4-6 months. 

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline
7 hours ago, MASH said:

When they did this to me they took 4 months off, so it went from 18 months to 14 months.

you might get an interview even sooner but no guarantee as some have waited over a year and half or more, then their is people who got their interview in less then 4-6 months. 

Thx and good luck

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 PM, MASH said:

I am wondering why your process too that long. I am about to file my application this month, I am praying my interview takes less than 6 months.

Timeline
22 hours ago, oloyede777 said:

I am wondering why your process too that long. I am about to file my application this month, I am praying my interview takes less than 6 months.

Just something I will never fully know. Some people tell could have been from backlogs or they just forgot about my case till I went and got my stamp to visit family which I guess triggered my case 

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline
On 1/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, amarsolo said:

Hello everyone .

Thx

It may or may not speed it up.   I filed in May 2020, got my bio reuse on Jan 2021 and still have no interview as with a lot of people.  

Some people filing over the last 6 months already have their oath ceremony so there is not really any timeline per say to follow now. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

It may or may not speed it up.   I filed in May 2020, got my bio reuse on Jan 2021 and still have no interview as with a lot of people.  

Some people filing over the last 6 months already have their oath ceremony so there is not really any timeline per say to follow now. 

Thx for your response and good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

My N-400 took almost another year from the moment I received my biometrics reuse notice to the interview scheduled notice, so I wouldn't think it speeds anything up.

Edited by Koubiak

Timeline
13 hours ago, Koubiak said:

My N-400 took almost another year from the moment I received my biometrics reuse notice to the interview scheduled notice, so I wouldn't think it speeds anything up.

Thx for the response ☺️☺️

Timeline

Hello everyone 

I applied for naturalization under 5 years rule and checked seperated not married 

My question for whom who have experience with this , is that going to be a problem or do i need to provide bona fide documents wich i dont have no more 

Plz help iam over thinking so bad

51 minutes ago, amarsolo said:

Hello everyone 

I applied for naturalization under 5 years rule and checked seperated not married 

My question for whom who have experience with this , is that going to be a problem or do i need to provide bona fide documents wich i dont have no more 

Plz help iam over thinking so bad

Naturalization under the 5 year rule has nothing to do with marriage. The marriage stuff only matters if you are applying under the 3 (three) year rule. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Naturalization under the 5 year rule has nothing to do with marriage. The marriage stuff only matters if you are applying under the 3 (three) year rule. 

Thank you so much for the reply ☺️☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

You should be prepared to show evidence of bonafide marriage between when your ten year green card was approved and your separation.  

My naturalization interview was held 2 years after a divorce, and 32 years after a marriage based green card was issued.

The IO said : “I want to see evidence it was a real marriage”

The birth certificates of the children my ex-wife and I had together were sufficient.  YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.