October18

Green Card not received

24 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Ideally it should take 90 days from entry or 90 days after the fee was paid if you paid after entry. Unfortunately some people wait almost 2 years to get the GC. Sad but true.

Hopefully it is not your case, but delays are very common.

Thank you for your input. What I do I need to inquiry ? Is the general USCIS  phone number is helpful or is just a waste of time. She will need to travel ASAP and I need to get this done.

17 minutes ago, October18 said:

Thank you for your input. What I do I need to inquiry ? Is the general USCIS  phone number is helpful or is just a waste of time. She will need to travel ASAP and I need to get this done.

Her stamped visa works as a GC.

If expired, she just needs an I-551 stamp from her USCIS field ooffice

Your mother's one should be good until October 2022.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

35 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Her stamped visa works as a GC.

If expired, she just needs an I-551 stamp from her USCIS field ooffice

Your mother's one should be good until October 2022.

But the stamped visa says :"Admitted October 2021" no expiration date. Her IR5 visa expired in Nov 2021 (it was only valid for 6 months). If she leave the country can she get back by showing her admitted October 2021 visa ? Can she travel to Canada with that ? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the visa itself expires 6 months from date of interview

I heard of one other person  who got the same notice printed with just admitted date/  it was because they did not pay the green card fee before coming and it can't be processed till the fee is paid

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee

28 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the visa itself expires 6 months from date of interview

I heard of one other person  who got the same notice printed with just admitted date/  it was because they did not pay the green card fee before coming and it can't be processed till the fee is paid

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee

I already paid the fee before she receive the notice for interview. Now days you can not schedule the interview in the US embassy before paying all the fees in the NVC site.

Timeline
Just now, October18 said:

I already paid the fee before she receive the notice for interview. Now days you can not schedule the interview in the US embassy before paying all the fees in the NVC site.

No,  u can not pay the fee for producing the green card till interview is approved

it is a new fee just to produce the card 

you paid the fee for ds 260 to apply for visa

Who Pays the Fee

We strongly encourage you to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you pick up your immigrant visa from the Department of State and before you depart for the United States.

1 hour ago, October18 said:

But the stamped visa says :"Admitted October 2021" no expiration date. Her IR5 visa expired in Nov 2021 (it was only valid for 6 months). If she leave the country can she get back by showing her admitted October 2021 visa ? Can she travel to Canada with that ? Thanks

Read the bottom of the visa

15 minutes ago, October18 said:

image.png.9f7dd7d4a253d6b2c1929ae131ccb472.png

I paid 120 + 325 , Is there additional fee I need pay ?

Yes there is a fee to pay after the visa is issued

Timeline
12 minutes ago, October18 said:

image.png.9f7dd7d4a253d6b2c1929ae131ccb472.png

I paid 120 + 325 , Is there additional fee I need pay ?

That's not the green card processing fee / those are NVC fees we pay to process AOS and ds 260 application / we pay those before interview

there is an actual green card fee 

i gave u the link to see how to pay

the green card will not be produced till this $220 is paid

. The USCIS Immigrant Fee is $220.00.

4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

That's not the green card processing fee / those are NVC fees we pay to process AOS and ds 260 application / we pay those before interview

there is an actual green card fee 

i gave u the link to see how to pay

the green card will not be produced till this $220 is paid

. The USCIS Immigrant Fee is $220.00.

Thank you for all your help. Can I change my address when I submit the payment ? My lease is up next month and I need to add a new address.Or I have to do it separately

41 minutes ago, October18 said:

Thank you for all your help. Can I change my address when I submit the payment ? My lease is up next month and I need to add a new address.Or I have to do it separately

yes you can put the new  address while paying the fee

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, October18 said:

Refer to the line at the bottom of the visa stamp, "Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I-551 Evidencing Permanent Residence for 1 Year."

Translation - The endorsement is the stamp your mom received on her passport when first entering the US with the visa in October 2021. From the date of this stamp (October 2021) she can use this visa stamp as proof of being a permenent resident, for exactly 1 year. After that she will need her physical green card as proof. So yes, she travel to Canada and will be allowed entry on the basis of the visa stamp until October 2022. After that, she needs the physical greencard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.